Did an employee steal my friend's genuine W 10 key, or was it plain stupidity?

lostinisaan

1 hour ago, Rob13 said:

Seems MS has a bad way of releasing Beta versions of everything as the finshed product then they do the fixes after people start complaining of problems.  W10 sucked for the first few months then they figured out what the problems were and sent out upgrades. Now they send out another huge upgrade but it hasn't been tested properly and people are having problems. 

Seems waiting a month or so after upgrades are issued to download them is the only way to do it.Or just switch to Linux.

Hope you get things worked out.

Not just my main PC at home encountered problems. Last night when I had this weird experience, I also wanted to roll back my older DELL notebook to the previous version 1577, that was upgraded 7 days ago.

Okay, won't be a problem were my thoughts, but......you never make proper food without the cook. And the Microsoft bs "you can easily go back to your previous version of W 10" turned out to be another nightmare on Elms-street.

It started the process completely normal, then stopped showing a blue screen only. Not the screen of death. Nil, nothing, it just stopped. And I only wanted to watch a damn movie, but then had two machines with serious problems.

What really supersizes me is that the PC I'm writing with right now, an older Lemel that I've set up and works well with the new "anniversary upgrade."  I have got this one backed up as well, but wouldn't even try to use the MS tools to get back.

Another issue I've got with MS these days is that neither a Windows start up fix, nor anything else from MS seems to work that gets your system back to normal.

Why do they even tell you to create an emergency reboot CD if it doesn't work? You're totally right about MS's problems with their updates, it's much better to let others go through this dilemma and learn from their mistakes.

The net is pretty much full of MS customers with all sorts of W 10 problems. Drivers that can't be found, or updated, programs that stopped working and I'll never forget the virus and Trojan horse attack that hit me hard that I couldn't even react fast enough to get rid off thousands of little fraggers. Mostly from China.

It  seems that China's using MS's software and they're trying to produce their "own" MS program? One webpage infection showed a strange MS sign that looked like the real one. But I couldn't even close the page and more and more little buggers reproduced in nano seconds.

MS's super update plus Chinese interaction doesn't seem to be a good mixture. Thanks for your post. :whistling:

2 hours ago, Rob13 said:

Seems MS has a bad way of releasing Beta versions of everything as the finshed product then they do the fixes after people start complaining of problems.  W10 sucked for the first few months then they figured out what the problems were and sent out upgrades. Now they send out another huge upgrade but it hasn't been tested properly and people are having problems. 

Seems waiting a month or so after upgrades are issued to download them is the only way to do it.Or just switch to Linux.

Hope you get things worked out.

Microsoft release beta versions on the Insider preview, so they are well tested by the time they are release to the great unwashed.

For example, the Anniversary update is build 14393.

14901 is already installed on my PC.

Windows 10 was in preview for months before it was released to the public.

The Anniversary update was released to Insiders two weeks before it was released.

26 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Microsoft release beta versions on the Insider preview, so they are well tested by the time they are release to the great unwashed.

For example, the Anniversary update is build 14393.

14901 is already installed on my PC.

Windows 10 was in preview for months before it was released to the public.

The Anniversary update was released to Insiders two weeks before it was released.

Why is my own PC at school the only one that works well? Could a different network have something to do with it?

I don't really want to upgrade a PC now, was just wondering why it worked well at the one at school but not at the two machines at home.

Just bad luck, perhaps. 

On 8/17/2016 at 3:42 PM, Chicog said:

Well you already said one of them was riddled with malware, so if you've been tinkering with the other one as well, it wouldn't surprise me that it's in a bad state.

I should keep my mouth shut, but I gotta let you know what happened last night. I thought that I'd just give it another try and started a back up i had made with the "new super upgrade. It showed my PC home, but it was obviously one for my DELL notebook.

. My wife waiting, then getting angry that it took so long, etc...( gotta blame somebody for..) 

When I came back, I couldn't believe it. I've got six back ups on a 1 TB external and the PC home I had chosen was actually one for my DELL notebook that's running the 32 bit version.

The thingy installed the needed drivers, adjusted the right screen resolution and finally made my system into a 32 bit with the anniversary update on it, but the wrong back up.

It's fast as a racehorse and all seems to work great. Now I don't really know if I change it again today,. or just wait how it goes. It's phenomenal that a back up for a completely different machine, from A to Z works well on y PC?

It shows that my ASUS ( it s  a Lemel) motherboard is a DELL now and I don't really understand that the back up worked out first place???

Mrs. Chicog, I'd be more than happy if you could explain how a completely different back up and the wrong version works out well? I might have some little ghosts in my PC. Ghostbusters? 

2 hours ago, Chicog said:

As you noticed, the only real difference is the drivers.

But doesn't that also mean that I could put any of these programs on my external on another machine and would have a " genuine version with digital entitlement?" I'm a little bit irritated by that, sorry. 

Or did it use the key of my PC and the program of the notebook? Sorry,. but that's something I don't really get. Finding the key is also special, will check on that and see if notebook and PC have the same key. 

Thanks  a lot for answering. Cheers- 

P.S. Just checked on my notebook and PC, both have the same key. Problems foreseeable

If you have a nicked EA key then it won't be a problem until Microsoft invalidate it or the EA runs out.

If you are using an OEM key from a different machine, try a Windows Update. It will probably fail, or will eventually.

14 hours ago, Chicog said:

If you have a nicked EA key then it won't be a problem until Microsoft invalidate it or the EA runs out.

If you are using an OEM key from a different machine, try a Windows Update. It will probably fail, or will eventually.

I finally went back to my 1577 version from July, 3rd. I did all the updates and it's working well. I'm really glad that this nightmare is over for now. Let's wait until they fixed all their nasty bugs.

It's like an unfinished painting to me.....

Thanks for your time.- :wai:

23 minutes ago, Chicog said:

There are no nasty bugs.

There are simply a litany of corruptions that you seem to introduce to every PC you touch.

:D

Like a magic wand? :lol:

BTW, I've reported you to the Ministry of technology for online- harassing.    

19 hours ago, Chicog said:

There isn't a ministry of technology.

You could try the MICT but I feel pretty safe, because you've probably buggered up your email client too.

:D

Machine is working well and all is fine. I'm now waiting for the update coming from MS and if, only if they're without problems, I'll update. 

Thanks for the laugh. :w00t:

Archived