Dog abandoned at Nok Air cargo after airline cancels pet travel

webfact

Dog abandoned at Nok Air cargo after airline cancels pet travel

By Coconuts Bangkok 

okhrngpk-1-56.jpg

Photo: Watcharapon Saetang/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- A photo of a canine who was allegedly abandoned at Nok Air Cargo at Don Mueang Airport after his owner found out airline canceled its pet travel service went viral this weekend, breaking hearts of animal lovers.

Facebook user Watcharapon Saetang posted a picture on Saturday of a black dog lying in front of the cargo office, waiting for his owner to come back. He explained the situation, saying that the owner decided to leave the poor dog after he was informed that pets were no longer allowed on Nok Air.

“If there are any charitable souls out there, please adopt this poor dog. Someone came hoping to board his dog in the cargo hold, but the airline no longer provides pet travel service. He left the dog at the cargo office. It’s still waiting for its owner to come back and is really depressed,” wrote Watcharapon, who claims he works at the cargo.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/15/dog-abandoned-nok-air-cargo-after-airline-cancels-pet-travel

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-15

Shame on the dog's owner for abandoning the animal, rather than miss a flight. I understand that there may have been pressing reasons for the person to do this, but it is hard to excuse.

But, this looks like a big dog, and even if Nok Air were still carrying pets, there is no guarantee they would have taken this dog if you read their Travelling with Pets conditions (http://www.nokfanclub.com/contents/journey_plan/travel_with_pet/en-US/index.html).

Now, just as much shame needs to be heaped on Nok Air for:

• Firstly, cancelling the Carrying Your Per service at rather short notice as a knee-jerk reaction, without making alternative arrangements during a transition period (such as accommodating animals while owners are away for short periods); and,
  • Secondly, for the circumstances that led them to cancelling the service after a pup in their care died as a result of probable negligence on their part. You will need to Google " Nok Air cancels pet delivery after dog owner's protest" and read the Bangkok Post link for the full unfortunate story!

It would be appropriate to have a follow up to this story, with the abandoned dog finding a (new) home where he doesn't need to pee on Nok Air's floor.

<deleted>.....This is a horrible story.  Albeit nowhere near the story about the dog who had his legs severed and has been fitted with prosthetics.  Who would just abandon a dog? A Thai Mother in law maybe.

Hello

I can't understand either how the owner acted BUT... I have a dog myself always travelling with me and it is sometimes very tough to have people accepting her..

First of all.. didn't the owner ask informations about his dog being or not accepted in the airline ?? Did Nok Air cut the service after owner got wrong info..

Maybe the owner didn't have the economic condition to loose the flight..

Anyway, very sad for the dog, and would never ever do something so cruel.. but I think the airline is also to blame. Good news, he has been adopted apparently

Have a nice day

Edited by domdom
orthograph mistake

20 hours ago, Pimay1 said:

I hope they find out who did this, post their photo and name on facebook for all to see their face. There are some cruel people in this world.

Agree. But this is what passes for news these days?

Winnie

15 hours ago, Enoon said:

Truly sad that someone would "allegedly" abandon what looks like a typical, lazy bag of soi mange, that has chosen to hang around Nok Air cargo.

Yep im calling major bs on this one. Anyone that has shipped or ships dogs as airfreight as I do wouldnt believe this crap. So the owner took the dog out of its airfreight box at the cargo office then just left it sitting there and no one saw, said or did anything. The rightful owner who also was on the cargo manifest was never chased up about leaving his dog there by anyone in authority? Look I understand TIT and what Nok air has done is childish to say the least but I dont believe any of this story at all. Total rubbish