Face Lift Surgery

Dr Robert

I am getting older (60) . Have a wife (38) and young kids.

Body is in good shape, but above the shoulders shows signs of wear and tear

What are your thoughts on getting a facelift so the mug approximates the same era as the family.

I don't want to embarrass the kids  when I take them to school looking like grandpa.

Any suggestions as to where and by whom? (I am in BKK) and around how much?

Has anyone else contemplated the same idea? Can any one else share their experiences of cosmetic surgery?

Would appreciate constructive comments, thanks.

Book a consultation with Dr Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad who is considered to be one of the very best in facelift surgery. He will outline exactly what results you can expect and associated costs.

My facelift (male aged 62) cost around 300,000baht 2 years ago which involved a 2 night stay and stitches removed after 7 days. Bandages came off after 2 days and just needed to wear a support garment for a further 5 days. Well pleased with the results and elated that none of the obvious signs of cosmetic surgery was visible aside from tiny scars at the base of the ears but nobody has ever queried these. 

If if the price quoted is a problem maybe Lelux will be able to assist but I am not the one to recommend.

Good luck.

I also had a face lift with Dr. Amorn and very good results though I have heard he may be winding down his practice in order to retire.

Another option which will help though not to the extent of a facelift, but which is far less expensive and invasive, is filler and botox injections. With age it is not just that the face loses elasticity but that is deflates, losing volume, and this causes sag. Well placed volume fillers - for example on the cheekbones to help lift up jowls - can make a bid difference in appearance. You might like to try that first. For simple wrinkles, botox. Combo of botox and fillers if well done can take about 10 years off most faces, though of course each face is different so your mileage may vary.

Note that botox needs to be repeated 2-4 times a year (usually starts to last longer after the first few times) and fillers, every 1-2 years, these are not permanent.

• 2 weeks later...

I do know a lady who had difficulty choosing between Dr Amorn and Dr Somyos.

She chose Dr Somyos and his flashy clinic and has been a recluse ever since.

I'm not saying this is due to bad surgery, I'd never say that in Thailand, she could just be depressed over something.

If I were you I'd go with Dr Amorn.

Last year, (I was 56 years old), I had a forehead lift and under-eye bags removal at Phuket International Hospital.  Total cost was 130,000 baht.

I am very happy with my eye operation.  The forehead lift reduced many of the deep frown lines, but as advised, finer lines still exist.  But the operation certainly made me look younger, and I'm considering having cosmetic surgery on my neck area to reduce the fat/double chin.