Hua Hin scrambles to revive tourism after bombings over weekend

webfact

Hua Hin scrambles to revive tourism after bombings over weekend

hh.jpg

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN, 16 August 2016 (NNT) – Hua Hin Municipality plans to revive tourist industry in the seaside resort city and install additional CCTVs to cover all public areas. 

Hua Hin mayor Nopphorn Wutthikul said that recent bombing incidents in Hua Hin area resulted in a drop in the number of tourists during the long weekend while 32 percent of hotel bookings was canceled. 

Hua Hin Municipality has coordinated with local tourism entrepreneurs to scramble to make tourists and the public understand that the situation has returned to normal now and tourist industry in the resort city is yet to be revived. 

Hua Hin Municipality will seek a budget for the installing of a hundred more CCTVs since 60 were already installed at 20 spots and intersections. Local residents were also asked to install CCTVs of their own at home.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-16

Yea,  these new automatic bomb detection cameras will make tourists feel a lot safer.  Its dead here (figuratively speaking) and I don't see it rapidly changing.  Already had a group of 5 UK mates change their mind about coming this year.

1 hour ago, leither69 said:

Yea,  these new automatic bomb detection cameras will make tourists feel a lot safer.  Its dead here (figuratively speaking) and I don't see it rapidly changing.  Already had a group of 5 UK mates change their mind about coming this year.

Didn't have the impression that it was dead here when strolling through Hua Hin Night Market last night. Quite some tourists still around. I'm not saying that the bombings won't impact tourism since the tourists still here were already in Hua Hin before the incidents took place and tourism numbers may decline in the coming high season.

Archived