Phuket bombing suspect tied to southern insurgency, police say

webfact

Phuket bombing suspect tied to southern insurgency, police say

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

201608121022017-20050418173941.jpg

Security officers on Friday inspect the scene of bomb attack on Phuket, where an unexploded firebomb was found two days earlier.

BANGKOK — Police announced Tuesday they are seeking a man believed to have planted an unexploded firebomb in Phuket province prior to the spree of bomb attacks that rocked southern Thailand.

Although deputy police chief Sriwarah Rangsipramkul did not name the suspect, he said the bomber had a history of involvement in separatist attacks in the Deep South, the first admission by the authorities that the decade-long insurgency could be linked to the recent bombing spree.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/08/16/phuket-bombing-suspect-tied-southern-insurgency-police-say/

-- Khaosod English 2016-08-16

Why oh why can't these police officers just keep their mouths shut and get on with the job, instead of revealing every little bit of information on an almost daily basis.

I know, I know, it is often more important to be seen to be doing the job, than actually doing it.

19 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Why oh why can't these police officers just keep their mouths shut and get on with the job, instead of revealing every little bit of information on an almost daily basis.

I know, I know, it is often more important to be seen to be doing the job, than actually doing it.

Seems they are in a PR battle with the army! LOL

they didn't want to scare the tourists away by saying 'terrorist'. Instead blamed it on political motives trying to make out that it wouldn't be a recurring thing, which a terrorist act implies.

But yeah, was pretty stupid that within miuntes of the explosions they were saying it was political while not having any evidence at all.

Another premature post mortem by Police.It is as political as u can get.I do not recall insurgents in the south using firebombs before.....when will Thai Police stop making statements and drawing conclusions before any forensic results? ?

A joker said "2 much Green Curry & Leo"

1 hour ago, taichiplanet said:

they didn't want to scare the tourists away by saying 'terrorist'. Instead blamed it on political motives trying to make out that it wouldn't be a recurring thing, which a terrorist act implies.

But yeah, was pretty stupid that within miuntes of the explosions they were saying it was political while not having any evidence at all.

Same with the bombing of the Eriwan Shrine. More wishful thinking on the part of the police and the fanboys on here.

5 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Bragging rights

Another update from the elite Thai Non - Secret Service