Bentonite clay

Hutch68

They will supply to drilling mud companies in Thailand, there's only a few and all Multi-National, trouble with Bentonite is it is as cheap as chips! & usually sold in the hundreds of tons! being so bulky and so cheap folks don't want to bother selling it in small quantities - not worth the hassle! It is ideal for your purpose but where exactly to find it? Sorry don't know, hopefully somebody will come up with a source?

Cheers

1 hour ago, CGW said:

They will supply to drilling mud companies in Thailand, there's only a few and all Multi-National, trouble with Bentonite is it is as cheap as chips! & usually sold in the hundreds of tons! being so bulky and so cheap folks don't want to bother selling it in small quantities - not worth the hassle! It is ideal for your purpose but where exactly to find it? Sorry don't know, hopefully somebody will come up with a source?

Cheers

Thanks anyway.

Just an update the bentonite is getting dropped of by one of our drivers in the morning so got 2 staff turning up in the morning to rake it in. I think I have the correct amount per square meter so I'll let you know how things go on.

• 2 weeks later...

The bentonite works. This stuff is different to what I've seen before it comes in red powder form and swells to about 6 times it's size when wet. The bottom 1.5m now holds water just got the top to level out and add the rest of the bentonite around the top but rain is holding things up at the moment. A  good cheap way to seal a leaky pond, 2000 baht to do a 12m by 10 pond.