Best dog.

1 hour ago, csabo said:

Actually my GF wants a pit badly. My dick never entered the conversation.   Nor did hers. JK. Pits are great with kids and other pets and great protectors. Ignorance is their only enemy.

One of are friends and his wife breed pit bulls. They are both vets, have children and all dog crazy. They make sure all the dogs get attention and exercise and are very careful about who they let have pups. 

If you have the time (and energy!) to exercise them and train them properly they are amazingly loyal and affectionate family members. 

Like all animals, pay them scant attention, treat them badly, keep them cooped up they get frustrated, annoyed and behave unpredictably.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Ixchunchan said:

There are billions of strays in Thailand which are looking for a home. Adopt one of them.

I agree ,my  wife and I rescued 2 stray pups from the  beach here 6 years ago

They are the most loyal dogs I have ever had, and the biggest sucks

The only time they get angry is when we take the car out and don't take them

A Thai friend bought a pedigree GS - beautiful dog, lovely personality. She exercises her daily, takes her training classes and rescue dog training. If you have time to spare to do that sort of thing a GS will thrive and be a fantastic companion. 

I had a boxer when young. Great family pets, full of energy,  always ready to play and great with children. But boisterous and like jumping around so watch the ornaments.

Husky - neighbors breed them. Absolutely love them. Great kind personalities, friendly, intelligent, good nature and inquisitive. Do like people company so not so good if have to be left alone.

Dachshund - Sausage dog - very loyal and loving but do get jealous. Mate had one and it bit his girlfriend's bum when she kissed him! Lively dogs.

Ridgeback - relations up North have a beaut. Lovely when our kids really young, very patient with them and liked to keep a watch on them. My son is disabled and his hand movements can be awkward and sometimes heavy. Never saw that dog complain once when my son pushed, pulled, grabbed or shoved him. And he always came back for more!

Staffie - never had one but heard they can be grumpy and bad tempered. 

Good luck on your choice.

On 8/16/2016 at 9:24 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Pussy dogs, man....how about a rottweiler or english mastiff? 

Sausage dog???????? Is that the kind of dog old Queenie of the UK has? You mean you would take one of these?

2 hours ago, hdkane said:

Good for you...dogs are amazing animals and I never trust a man who does not like or care for dogs...

Yes, I agree, but not the ankle snapping terrier type things, or the Soi dogs that chase after you when you are riding your bike. I don't

like to have to carry big stones in my bicycle basket to batter them with. Though in saying that, I would never hurt any animal unless

they were putting me in danger of some kind.

The most intelligent dog around by a couple of streets is a border collie; however, a bit too long-haired for this climate. If you want a short - haired dog with personality, a dalmatian. Although I must admit I've never seen one in Thailand.

Rottweilers and mastiffs have all the personality of a dump truck. I'm reminded of a joke told by a now deceased politician:

Q : " What's the difference between a rottweiler and a family social worker?"

A :  " The rottweiler will sometimes give  the child back".

Edited by bazza40
extra preposition

Had a friend who got a husky from a breeder in Bangkok as a puppy. Beautiful dog that gets along well with children. But he did have to send it obedience school which is highly recommended too. Just Google husky breeder in Bangkok.

On 17/08/2016 at 4:33 PM, Hutch68 said:

Done that 3 times already, looking for something different.

That's good to hear. But if you wait, and keep your eyes on the shelters, you can get pedigree rescue dogs too. I have a friend who got a lab from a home and I saw a pair of lovely young alsatians which had ended up in a home in Chiang Mai. It may take a while but it's got to be better than keeping a puppy mill in business.

4 hours ago, monkey4u said:

I agree ,my  wife and I rescued 2 stray pups from the  beach here 6 years ago

They are the most loyal dogs I have ever had, and the biggest sucks

The only time they get angry is when we take the car out and don't take them

We've got two ex-strays, both of which just walked into our house and declared "Yup. I think this'll be a nice place to live. I'm staying."; one came about 9 years ago and the other at the start of this year. Totally different temperaments but both, in their separate ways, fantastic dogs.

3 hours ago, Tom Cahill said:

Is that the one like a larger than average fox which likes to bite before it barks and creeps up on visitors who don't announce themselves and gets them?  Is it orange and white?

Yes they're the ones.  One came to my yard and when my GS went to do the dog sniffing thing, it just straight out attacked him.  Unfortunately for it, it bit off more than it could chew and ended up second best before I was able to get them apart. Fortunately mine wasn't hurt but I think this dog will think twice before coming into our yard and instigating a fight again.

How lucky you are to be able to have another dog enter the family pack. I am envious. So to your question. Get a dog that you want. I would suggest a pup. An English Staffie would be awesome, as is a Good bred Rottweiler and Boxer. I think short haired dogs are best for this climate especially if they live outside. Either way happy searching. 

Edited by Laughing Gravy

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

How lucky you are to be able to have another dog enter the family pack. I am envious. So to your question. Get a dog that you want. I would suggest a pup. An English Staffie would be awesome, as is a Good bred Rottweiler and Boxer. I think short haired dogs are best for this climate especially if they live outside. Either way happy searching. 

It's down to Staffie as I've had those before a Boxer or German shepherd the German is looking like the favorite as last time I was in town the pet shop had one,  I'm not sure it was 100% pure though but I'll take it as i can't leave it in the stinking box its in any longer.

6 hours ago, Tom Cahill said:

Is that the one like a larger than average fox which likes to bite before it barks and creeps up on visitors who don't announce themselves and gets them?  Is it orange and white?

yep !

6 hours ago, Tom Cahill said:

Like before yes, I have two but one has a little something else in it and that is like some kind of trick dog that i had to take at 3 weeks old and raised him on the bottle. The other a female i took at 6 months is a very different dog that is very protective over us and will take a snap at anyone but seems to like dark skinned thai men the best especially the father in law that pops in several times a day. The other i don't know what that is but it looks like a dingo again adopted at a young age. none ever chase motorbikes if they get out and they do often as the trick dog has worked out how to push our sliding gate open.

4 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Yes they're the ones.  One came to my yard and when my GS went to do the dog sniffing thing, it just straight out attacked him.  Unfortunately for it, it bit off more than it could chew and ended up second best before I was able to get them apart. Fortunately mine wasn't hurt but I think this dog will think twice before coming into our yard and instigating a fight again.

sounds like a shitty breed this bangkaew

18 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, I agree, but not the ankle snapping terrier type things, or the Soi dogs that chase after you when you are riding your bike. I don't

like to have to carry big stones in my bicycle basket to batter them with. Though in saying that, I would never hurt any animal unless

they were putting me in danger of some kind.

I know what you mean about some soi dogs here...I've been lucky, never been bitten or chased...you would think the dogs in your area would start to recognize you and leave you alone...but good luck to you and I hope you don't have an accident because of a feral dog or bad driver...

20 hours ago, csabo said:

Actually my GF wants a pit badly. My dick never entered the conversation.   Nor did hers. JK. Pits are great with kids and other pets and great protectors. Ignorance is their only enemy.

This is a complete fallacy.

For the sake of your kids please do some research.

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Really? Then why did a neighbours PB manage to get out of their yard and try to get into ours to kill our small dog? Those things are lethal and banned for good reason in some countries. I'm sure there are PB's that are big softies, but there are too many bad ones owned by idiots like rap gangstas.

Poor training.  Your comment had the answer but you fail acknowledge it.

24 minutes ago, csabo said:

You are the one in need of research.  Have you ever owned a pit?

I am quite familiar with the breed. 

I am quite jnvolved with working dog and field dogs so have a decent amount of insight into various breeds from the breeders themselves.

I am saying this again, if you have children then you don't want a pit.

One of the traits into this breed was a propensity to continue attacking relentlessly. Its resulted in nightmare consequences for unsuspecting parents.

Yes, yes, I know you have had no problems....so far.

neither did these parents until the day it happened.

13 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

sounds like a shitty breed this bangkaew

I really don't know, maybe this one has a problem but I can assure you he was no match for the GS.  Actually had I not stopped it I don't think he would have had a neck left.  Bloody scarey I tell you trying to get in between two brawling dogs, especially the one I had no control over. 

Christ almighty!

I can understand looking for a much-loved breed (having lived with them either in the past/or currently) - but looking for a particular TYPE of breed in the hope that this new pedigree dog will 'fit into his pack'???

Edited by dick dasterdly

6 hours ago, csabo said:

Poor training.  Your comment had the answer but you fail acknowledge it.

I don't doubt that it had poor training, that's the problem, a lot of PB owners are complete idiots who think a big savage dog is a cool thing to have. Like having children, any doofus can have them, doesn't mean they are raised right. How you going to legislate that?

Edited by giddyup