Best dog.

I won't ever own another dog after my current one passes. It's been a great run.

Like I said in my my earlier post. Small, manageable. Few resorts have said no to her in the last 11 years since she got here.

All dog. 100%. Hunts the yard. Guards her family. Loves people. A never ending source of loyalty.  Understands more English than most of the locals. And empathetic as helll.

My best friend for life that weighs five kilos. Thinks she is way bigger.

She's a deerheaded chihuahua.  With the markings of a mini doberman.  14 next month. Still draws attention wherever we take her. Has never ceased to amaze me with her antics and personality.  She has been a dog that most potential dog owners dream about. Obedient.  The perfect dog.

I have owned many but this one will forever be my top dog. People kinda laugh when they they see a six one  muscle bound farang with a tiny dog. I got over that years ago. I have had pits, doberman and a dogo. Glad I learned that good, great things come in small packages. 

Edited by NickJ
None

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/17/2016 at 10:52 PM, Si Thea01 said:

I bought a pure bred GS in Buriram two years ago, found the guy on the internet.  Sorry but I do not know what province you are in so cannot tell you how far it is to travel but I travelled 1000 kilometres to get him and he's a great dog. Has been easy to train but like all dogs, you need to be the pack leader.  Cost me. with papers, B17.000 and has been worth every penny. If you have a family, you will find that this breed fits in well, as long as they're trained correctly.  He was 12 months old in this picture.

aviary_1430816083284_1453549997176.jpg

Incredibly smart dogs, and great with children.  You need to find a way to keep them active, and learning new things.  Start training at a young age, and be sure to schedule play time every day.  They are especially good with hand signals, once trained.  They don't shed, and require minimal grooming.

15 hours ago, NickJ said:

I won't ever own another dog after my current one passes. It's been a great run.

Like I said in my my earlier post. Small, manageable. Few resorts have said no to her in the last 11 years since she got here.

All dog. 100%. Hunts the yard. Guards her family. Loves people. A never ending source of loyalty.  Understands more English than most of the locals. And empathetic as helll.

My best friend for life that weighs five kilos. Thinks she is way bigger.

She's a deerheaded chihuahua.  With the markings of a mini doberman.  14 next month. Still draws attention wherever we take her. Has never ceased to amaze me with her antics and personality.  She has been a dog that most potential dog owners dream about. Obedient.  The perfect dog.

I have owned many but this one will forever be my top dog. People kinda laugh when they they see a six one  muscle bound farang with a tiny dog. I got over that years ago. I have had pits, doberman and a dogo. Glad I learned that good, great things come in small packages. 

like you NJ i cant repeat anything thats been posted previous about my beloved.

last saturday he witnessed me having a seizure,it knocked him for six for 3 days until i came home.he is just getting over it and it shows.

so i just hope the op.makes the right choice.

love me love my dog.

13 hours ago, landslide said:

Incredibly smart dogs, and great with children.  You need to find a way to keep them active, and learning new things.  Start training at a young age, and be sure to schedule play time every day.  They are especially good with hand signals, once trained.  They don't shed, and require minimal grooming.

Agree with all.  He's walked  morning and night, 7 days, except when we have thunderstorms and heavy rain.  I'm the wuss, not him.  Yes, the hand signals are great, taught mine from a very young age but like all mutts, he sometimes has his moments.  The locals look on in amazement when he returns to me, then sits, drops down, heals and then remains beside me when I give a certain gestures.  He was also taught his commands in both English and Thai, so I suppose one could call him bi-lingual.  They do shed a little and as you say do not require a lot of grooming but I wash him on a regular basis as he is a house dog and it keeps away that doggy smell.

It's quite funny when I walk him especially with the locals coming past on their motorcycles.  The dogs in our Baan, a number of them chase the cycles so when the Thais see Sultan, they stop and many will not ride past.  The boy is always on a leash and he behaves well but the Thais they are really scared because of his size and when those who pluck up enough courage to ride past all they do is left their legs and watch him. A couple have come to grief with these antics

Now, after a couple of years, they all know his name and call him when we're walking but he has been taught to avoid distractions, in particular, other dogs, cats, chickens and humans when we are out.  Makes for a very pleasant walk for both of us.  He will be my last companion as if he lives to his normal life span, I will be 80, if I live that long, and being his master, I wouldn't want to leave him in the hands of others who couldn't or don't understand how to handle him and what he needs.

On 19 August 2016 at 11:50 AM, ClutchClark said:

I am quite familiar with the breed. 

I am quite jnvolved with working dog and field dogs so have a decent amount of insight into various breeds from the breeders themselves.

I am saying this again, if you have children then you don't want a pit.

One of the traits into this breed was a propensity to continue attacking relentlessly. Its resulted in nightmare consequences for unsuspecting parents.

Yes, yes, I know you have had no problems....so far.

neither did these parents until the day it happened.

Are you serious or taking the piss ?

a pit bull has been bred to do a job, they just do it well, so does a bloodhound and so does a husky !

a dog is a dog is a dog, the difference is in the owner.

read about dogs like carne corsa's or brazilian fila's or malamutes, they all need to be CONTROLLED as they have a natural dominant instinct.

i had a jack russel as a lad and that dog was 1 kilogram of pure evil, he loved me but wanted to kill everything else on the planet !

he just wasn't big enough to worry anything larger than a cat.

a pit bull is a great dog for the correct type of owner.

its the same as guns don't kill people, American A holes with guns kill people !

don't blame the gun, blame the American.

Rob

On 8/20/2016 at 9:42 PM, moose7117 said:

Are you serious or taking the piss ?

a pit bull has been bred to do a job, they just do it well, so does a bloodhound and so does a husky !

a dog is a dog is a dog, the difference is in the owner.

read about dogs like carne corsa's or brazilian fila's or malamutes, they all need to be CONTROLLED as they have a natural dominant instinct.

i had a jack russel as a lad and that dog was 1 kilogram of pure evil, he loved me but wanted to kill everything else on the planet !

he just wasn't big enough to worry anything larger than a cat.

a pit bull is a great dog for the correct type of owner.

its the same as guns don't kill people, American A holes with guns kill people !

don't blame the gun, blame the American.

Rob

Had to laugh at this as I had a dog that was a nightmare when it came to other animals (hasten to add - my fault, not his - I only discovered the 'Dog Whisperer' after he died :(.)

Taking him out on a walk in woods one day, we came across a deer.  We were all taken by suprise, but my dog studiously looked in every other direction :lol:!

Edited by dick dasterdly