90 day reporting by mail

Lannathaijohn

I sent my 90 day report documents by mail on 10 August and the Receipt of Notification arrived back on the 17th. Good service from CM immigration at the airport location.

Also enclosed was a TM 47 form for my next report , but nothing regarding the new Foreign Information Form.

for information 

John 

Sent mine today ,hope I am as lucky as you two,I did try to

do it online,everything seemed to go through O.K.,waited

no email,so checked and for some reason it had been 

rejected,but no reason given, so back to doing it by mail.

regards Worgeordie

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, AJA1089 said:

Sent my TM 47 by mail on 28 May 2018. Now 7 June  and have not received return receipt and my TM 90 expired 6 June. I sent TM by registered mail.

I did send my TM 47 on May 14, had it back on May 25.

9 minutes ago, AJA1089 said:

Thanks. I hope I soon have the response you had from Immigration

Don't worry as long as you have your tracking number and copy of the form. I just got my return date in today's post. It took 23 days this time and has taken up to 38 days to get back over the many years I've been reporting by post. Sometimes it takes 7 days or less and sometimes 30 or more.

9 hours ago, AJA1089 said:

Sent my TM 47 by mail on 28 May 2018. Now 7 June  and have not received return receipt and my TM 90 expired 6 June. I sent TM by registered mail.

While I've had some mailed-in 90-day reports returned in 4-5 days, at least a couple have taken a couple of weeks.  If you don't get it back within a couple of weeks (I've read that they want people to wait 30 days before showing up about it), then you'll have to truck out to Promenada with your EMS slip and tell them you never got the TM47 Notice of Receipt back in the mail.  Absent something unusual, they'll check their records and promptly print you out one to place in your passport.

11 minutes ago, CMBob said:

While I've had some mailed-in 90-day reports returned in 4-5 days, at least a couple have taken a couple of weeks.  If you don't get it back within a couple of weeks (I've read that they want people to wait 30 days before showing up about it), then you'll have to truck out to Promenada with your EMS slip and tell them you never got the TM47 Notice of Receipt back in the mail.  Absent something unusual, they'll check their records and promptly print you out one to place in your passport.

The nice, elderly lady that processes them told me one time that there is absolutely no reason to panic and come down there or the airport office as long as you can see your documents were delivered by checking the rong tabien tracking. She said if it doesn't show up in 30-45 days then she will print another for you.

3 years ago I was talked into using the 90 day online reporting system by a friend.

First 2 times, no problem. 3rd time unlucky, no receipt returned. I did keep a copy of the receipt and TM.47 form.  Went down to the near airport branch where I sent my TM.47 and receipt, male officer gave me a really hard time, made me wait over 2 hours before issuing a new up to date receipt.

That`s was it for me, now I use the agency on the top floor of the Prom, pay 300 baht and all done in 10 to 15 minutes, no sweat, no worries. I know which side I`m on.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

3 years ago I was talked into using the 90 day online reporting system by a friend.

First 2 times, no problem. 3rd time unlucky, no receipt returned. I did keep a copy of the receipt and TM.47 form.  Went down to the near airport branch where I sent my TM.47 and receipt, male officer gave me a really hard time, made me wait over 2 hours before issuing a new up to date receipt.

That`s was it for me, now I use the agency on the top floor of the Prom, pay 300 baht and all done in 10 to 15 minutes, no sweat, no worries. I know which side I`m on.

There is a difference between the on-line system and the postal option. Sounds like you are talking about the postal option? I've been reporting by post for about 10 years and only twice in 10 years did I have to go down and sort out a lost return appointment slip. Both times it took less than 10 minutes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, elektrified said:

There is a difference between the on-line system and the postal option. Sounds like you are talking about the postal option? I've been reporting by post for about 10 years and only twice in 10 years did I have to go down and sort out a lost return appointment slip. Both times it took less than 10 minutes.

Sorry, going senile in my old age. Yes, I meant the postal option.

It makes no difference, once, twice receipt not returned, it`s still somewhat of a lottery, how long or if. I`d rather pay the 300 baht and get it over with. I also use the agency top floor of Prom to do my retirement extension. I`d rather pay the money just for an easy life, but if some prefer the fun of hoping their 90 day will be sent back or queuing up for hours at immigration just to save a bit of money,  that`s their choice.

56 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Sorry, going senile in my old age. Yes, I meant the postal option.

It makes no difference, once, twice receipt not returned, it`s still somewhat of a lottery, how long or if. I`d rather pay the 300 baht and get it over with. I also use the agency top floor of Prom to do my retirement extension. I`d rather pay the money just for an easy life, but if some prefer the fun of hoping their 90 day will be sent back or queuing up for hours at immigration just to save a bit of money,  that`s their choice.

Sorry you have such bad luck. In the past decade I have never problems with post or online method unsuccessful.

Not everything is about money.  I enjoy beating the corruption. 

3 hours ago, amexpat said:

Sorry you have such bad luck. In the past decade I have never problems with post or online method unsuccessful.

Not everything is about money.  I enjoy beating the corruption. 

I agree with what you say. I hate it too, but older I get, the more impatient I become. Just want a peaceful life without all the crap.

Who knows what surprises immigration have in store for us when they move back to the old location. I not very optimistic judging by how it all became worse when they moved to the Prom. We shall see.