Rai Ruen Rom Organic Farm

villagefarang

My wife has been talking about visiting Rai Ruen Rom Organic Farm recently so we finally got around to it today.  The first 42 km were easy but the last 5 km were a bit rough.  With beautiful countryside and good food, it is still a work in progress but has great potential and we enjoyed our visit and our food.  Given time this could be another wonderful addition to Chiang Rai.

If you are interested Google is your friend and they have a FaceBook page.

Rai Ruen Rom - 2.jpgRai Ruen Rom - 4.jpgRai Ruen Rom - 5.jpgRai Ruen Rom - 11.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the post VF.

We had a very enjoyable visit and meal yesterday.

They are still preparing for the official opening.

Food served 8:00 to 20:00.

The unsealed road for the final ~5km was dry on our visit but even in the wet a car should manage it.

For people coming from Mueang Chiang Rai I would recommend a scenic route there and the 1020 back.

https://goo.gl/maps/CRKzJ1Z4rXr

The section between the 1152 and 1174 is particularly enjoyable.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dman said:

How do you know the food is organic ?

Their whole identity is based on 'organic' and they teach classes and seminars allowing people to participate in workshops.  They seem very dedicated to the organic movement, but do I have actual scientific proof, no I do not.  Still I am inclined to take their word for it because I am a nice guy who chooses not to be a pain in the ass and accuse them of lying.  :smile:

No intent to be a pita. I was just curious if there was some kind of govt certification for what is organic. I am similar in thinking as you and trust what they say. Will have to give it a try sometime. (-:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived