Thai embassy uk no longer accept bank balance for non o

Just looked on Thai embassy uk website for the rules on non o visa for spouse.They no longer ask for bank account funds of 400k only mention income of £1400 per month .Have they changed their requirements for a non o visa ?I plan on giving up work and applying for non o in uk using bank funds but it would seem that I can no longer do this and would have to convert tourist visa in Thailand .Anyone else seen this?

That an error on the embassy website that has been mentioned several times for about 2 years now.

You do not need any financial proof to apply for a single or multiple entry non-o based upon marriage at the embassy in London.

• Like 1

I never had to show any funds/finance at the Birmingham consulate in the past. Just proof of marriage.

The Birmingham consulate has now closed so I've looked on the Liverpool site. Again no mention of finance. This is all it says:

Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’ (£50 single entry / £125 multiple entry)
This type of visa is for:-

• People visiting family – i.e. men who are married to a Thai National, along with your visa application you must produce your marriage certificate and a translation of the certificate is required as evidence. A single entry visa is valid for 90 days. A multiple entry visa is valid for 12 months conditional on leaving Thailand for 48 hours every 90 days.  

http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/visas.htm

I always used the Birmingham Consulate when I was in the UK and never had any problems. Likewise a friend who lives in St Helens always uses Liverpool without any problems and didn't have to supply finance details when he came here for a three month holiday on a non O visa, married to a Thai, earlier this year. The Thai Consulate in Hull used to abuse the system and made things more difficult for everybody though. I believe the Thai Embassy in London now have to approve all multiple entry (twelve month) non O visas and, if you apply to the Embassy directly, they try to 'guide' you towards an O-A Visa.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1