NGO wants amended health care bill put on hold

webfact

NGO wants amended health care bill put on hold

844_Health-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A health insurance advocacy group has asked the cabinet to put on hold amendments to the National Health Insurance Act proposed by the National Legislative Assembly, claiming that the changes were made without public participation.

In a statement issued on Thursday, the group said they had just got hold of a letter from the Office of the Secretary-General of the Cabinet to the Public Health Ministry dated August 8 instructing the ministry to provide inputs to the NLA’s amendments bill.

The group claimed that the National Health Insurance Act was the creation of all stakeholders, including 11 networks of the people’s sector. It was one of the first laws that the people were actively involved in its drafting, said the group.

The group noted that the amendments bill was done solely by the NLA without any participation from the people’s sector and, for that matter, it should be put on hold by the cabinet and its content should be made public.

The group proposed that an ad hoc panel comprising representatives from all stakeholders to take part in amending the Act.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/176715-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-19

The scuttlebutt  I have heard  regarding "changes"  to the national health care system is that the people will have to pay 30% of the cost per visit to doctor or hospital,  That means my wife's medical bills will go from a few thousand per month to 15,000/20,000 per month not including all medicines and sundries as only 50% is covered by the 30 baht system.

These  "changes" after the referendum and the junta promising the people they will not touch the national health system, but now when it finally comes to public knowledge just what they have planed and will screw the people with, then I guess there will be blue bloody murder on the streets. This also after people came out to tell the public what the junta had planed for the health system were told to shut up and threatened with 10 years gaol, for speaking  to "harsh or rude or distorting the draft",   remember?????

So you junta huggers, I hope your wife and kids never need to go too the doctor or become seriously ill as you fools supported this lot, and privet health insurance only goes so far, then it stops.......!

7 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

The scuttlebutt  I have heard  regarding "changes"  to the national health care system is that the people will have to pay 30% of the cost per visit to doctor or hospital,  That means my wife's medical bills will go from a few thousand per month to 15,000/20,000 per month not including all medicines and sundries as only 50% is covered by the 30 baht system.

These  "changes" after the referendum and the junta promising the people they will not touch the national health system, but now when it finally comes to public knowledge just what they have planed and will screw the people with, then I guess there will be blue bloody murder on the streets. This also after people came out to tell the public what the junta had planed for the health system were told to shut up and threatened with 10 years gaol, for speaking  to "harsh or rude or distorting the draft",   remember?????

So you junta huggers, I hope your wife and kids never need to go too the doctor or become seriously ill as you fools supported this lot, and privet health insurance only goes so far, then it stops.......!

You mean you have heard gossip.. no true things yet.. I would not expected differently from your kind. Spreading rumors before they are fact.

Just wait and see what really happens then you can complain, so far what you have said has not happened. 

Typical red shirt lies and misinformation (you call me a junta huger ill call you a liar). 

Do you really think changes like that would be made.. that would never happen it would destroy the people. Nobody including me would stand for it.

If public participation was not allowed on the constitution referendum then why expect it on anything else. This is the "new look" Thailand where all citizens are in the army now and expected to shut up, listen, do as you are told and salute a senior officer.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

You mean you have heard gossip.. no true things yet.. I would not expected differently from your kind. Spreading rumors before they are fact.

Just wait and see what really happens then you can complain, so far what you have said has not happened. 

Typical red shirt lies and misinformation (you call me a junta huger ill call you a liar). 

Do you really think changes like that would be made.. that would never happen it would destroy the people. Nobody including me would stand for it.

"You mean you have heard gossip"   News flash rob, "scuttlebutt" would be another word for "gossip" or information not yet confirmed,  That would be why I used the term ok popit...

Also rob, I have on several occasions posted "scuttlebutt" that later has been confirmed but was called a "liar" by another junta hugger other than your self.  

Question for you  rob,   is it accurate to call a person "a liar" when you are not a wear of truth or "misinformation"?

In my post I said people were told to shut up and threatened by the junta with 10 years gaol for trying to tell the people what the junta was planning for the health system,  Sorry mate that is fact, so your "Typical red shirt lies and misinformation" would be a lie on your part yes????

Just now, aussieinthailand said:

"You mean you have heard gossip"   News flash rob, "scuttlebutt" would be another word for "gossip" or information not yet confirmed,  That would be why I used the term ok popit...

Also rob, I have on several occasions posted "scuttlebutt" that later has been confirmed but was called a "liar" by another junta hugger other than your self.  

Question for you  rob,   is it accurate to call a person "a liar" when you are not a wear of truth or "misinformation"?

In my post I said people were told to shut up and threatened by the junta with 10 years gaol for trying to tell the people what the junta was planning for the health system,  Sorry mate that is fact, so your "Typical red shirt lies and misinformation" would be a lie on your part yes????

Scuttlebut is unconfirmed stuff that is most often send out to anger rouse people especially in your circles. I knew it was gossip but not everyone does and yes I call you a liar. Because those things you are saying have not yet come to past and are not official.

Now yes i know about the red shirt their lies on the health system (good way to get a No vote) but nothing of this was ever confirmed the junta said they would not do away with the 30bt system. Now so yes i call that lying and on purpose spreading of misinformation.

But if you are right I will support you 100% and eat my words.. Guess you wont do the same thing. But for now we got a goverment that says they wont change it. Nothing on paper that they are going to change it. The information comes from a party that had a minister change official data and caught out on a lie (do you remember probably not because that would be remembering bad things about the PTP kittirait Finance minister who then said white lies were not bad)

The unnamed health insurance advocacy group has raised an interesting Constitutional issue!

Should the NLA press ahead with their proposed changes (to the National Health Insurance Act) without any public participation, they could be violating their very own Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand (Interim), Buddhist Era 2557 (2014).

Section 11 of this document tells us:

The members of the National Legislative Assembly shall be representatives of Thai people and shall devote themselves to the performance of duties in good faith for public benefit of Thai people.

If, as the NGO noted, "...the amendments bill was done solely by the NLA without any participation from the people’s sector...", this could be construed as the NLA acting outside their authority defined in Section 11 (hardly as the representatives of the Thai people, and most probably, NOT for their benefit)!

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Scuttlebut is unconfirmed stuff that is most often send out to anger rouse people especially in your circles. I knew it was gossip but not everyone does and yes I call you a liar. Because those things you are saying have not yet come to past and are not official.

Now yes i know about the red shirt their lies on the health system (good way to get a No vote) but nothing of this was ever confirmed the junta said they would not do away with the 30bt system. Now so yes i call that lying and on purpose spreading of misinformation.

But if you are right I will support you 100% and eat my words.. Guess you wont do the same thing. But for now we got a goverment that says they wont change it. Nothing on paper that they are going to change it. The information comes from a party that had a minister change official data and caught out on a lie (do you remember probably not because that would be remembering bad things about the PTP kittirait Finance minister who then said white lies were not bad)

Man you are a challenge,,,  AGIAN ROB,,, I purposely used the term "SCUTTLBUTT" in my post because my comment was unconfirmed, and an opinion on info others had said to me.....  NO WEAR DID I CLIAM THIS TO BE CONFIRMED INFO, OFFICIAL, OR 100% ACCURATE,  BUT  "SCUTTLEBUTT"!!!

That would not make me "a liar" but simply me making an UN-CONFIRMED COMMENT.  "A LIAR" would be a person that KWOINGLY AND PURPOSLY spreads misinformation.  Now then rob, your comment regarding me and "especially in your circles"  You don't know any of my "circles" so you claiming you do would make you a ,,,, wait for it,,,,, wait for it,,,, YU'P YOU GOT IT,   "A LIAR"..... 

SO ROB you either do not know what a liar is or you are KNOWINGLY and PURPOSLY using the term to suit your agenda...

BTW, the Catholic church labeled some people as liars for their opinions and unconfirmed comments or "SCUTTLEBUTT" such as  Newton, Galileo, etc, and look how that turned out.

The juta has publicly said they will leave the 30 baht system (National health care) alone and the people should not worry,  Well I truly do hope the junta is telling the truth for a change and leave the health system alone and I am wrong, But the truth and the junta are not that reliable now are they,,, history is a great teacher huh,  ie, NO COUP, I promise,  elections in 2015, 2016, 2017,  The UN and the International community have no problems or issues with the junta or the freedoms of expression, The government ALWAYS respects peoples rights and the freedom of expression,,,  Are they "lies" rob? or just "scuttlebutt"??? 

20 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

Man you are a challenge,,,  AGIAN ROB,,, I purposely used the term "SCUTTLBUTT" in my post because my comment was unconfirmed, and an opinion on info others had said to me.....  NO WEAR DID I CLIAM THIS TO BE CONFIRMED INFO, OFFICIAL, OR 100% ACCURATE,  BUT  "SCUTTLEBUTT"!!!

That would not make me "a liar" but simply me making an UN-CONFIRMED COMMENT.  "A LIAR" would be a person that KWOINGLY AND PURPOSLY spreads misinformation.  Now then rob, your comment regarding me and "especially in your circles"  You don't know any of my "circles" so you claiming you do would make you a ,,,, wait for it,,,,, wait for it,,,, YU'P YOU GOT IT,   "A LIAR"..... 

SO ROB you either do not know what a liar is or you are KNOWINGLY and PURPOSLY using the term to suit your agenda...

BTW, the Catholic church labeled some people as liars for their opinions and unconfirmed comments or "SCUTTLEBUTT" such as  Newton, Galileo, etc, and look how that turned out.

The juta has publicly said they will leave the 30 baht system (National health care) alone and the people should not worry,  Well I truly do hope the junta is telling the truth for a change and leave the health system alone and I am wrong, But the truth and the junta are not that reliable now are they,,, history is a great teacher huh,  ie, NO COUP, I promise,  elections in 2015, 2016, 2017,  The UN and the International community have no problems or issues with the junta or the freedoms of expression, The government ALWAYS respects peoples rights and the freedom of expression,,,  Are they "lies" rob? or just "scuttlebutt"??? 

So you are attacking the government on unconfirmed rumors that have been dispelled by the government in the news. That does make you a liar, because if you had followed the news the government denied doing away with the 30 baht program and you still spread those unconfirmed and countered lies without base. 

Those are lies, they have been officially denounced but you keep spreading them to attack the junta. I would think there is enough real stuf you can attack them with.... or maybe not ?. 

Your circles, are red circles you have made that clear before.

Now if this is confirmed I eat my words.. but this has however been DENIED by the government as one of the lies spread by the PTP. 

Meechai Ruchuphan, head of the draft constitution writers, said on July 7 the existing 30-baht programme would continue and the draft charter would make it more efficient, cost-effective and of higher quality.

Edited by robblok

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

So you are attacking the government on unconfirmed rumors that have been dispelled by the government in the news. That does make you a liar, because if you had followed the news the government denied doing away with the 30 baht program and you still spread those unconfirmed and countered lies without base. 

Those are lies, they have been officially denounced but you keep spreading them to attack the junta. I would think there is enough real stuf you can attack them with.... or maybe not ?. 

Your circles, are red circles you have made that clear before.

Now if this is confirmed I eat my words.. but this has however been DENIED by the government as one of the lies spread by the PTP. 

The 30Bht scheme may continue , but in what context remains to be seen. The  proposal for a co-pay system as been proposed before and the government already think the existing scheme is to much of a burden to the state.

3 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

The 30Bht scheme may continue , but in what context remains to be seen. The  proposal for a co-pay system as been proposed before and the government already think the existing scheme is to much of a burden to the state.

Nothing stays forever, but I doubt the junta will do anything with it. That is up to the next government. This is far to sensitive to burn their fingers on. This is something what would bring out people (justified for sure). 

By stating that they will keep it means they won't do a thing. 

What you said is correct.. it has been proposed.. and then rejected. But yes its an expensive scheme and will only get more expensive with the aging population. So its clear something will be done in the future. But not by this junta. The government that tries this will be deposed quite quickly.  

No rob I'm not attaching the government on unconfirmed rumors, That would be a lie.

I'm just making a comment on "scuttlebutt" regarding the 30 baht system.

But hey yeah I am suggesting the junta have most defiantly not been entirely honest ( LIED) to the public on many occasions as I have pointed out and which you and other junta huggers ignore every time.....

You seem to be fixated on my comment rather than the OP,   you know the one,  at the very top of this post were it says the national health system is being amended and that there has been no input by the Thai people rather than by a very few selected people to suggest and to make amendments to the system and it should be made public and also  that it should be put on hold... 

YOU ok now lil fella, that's the story here man.

I simply made a comment on one of the amendments that was suggested to me BUT IS IN NO WAY CONFIRMED,OFFICIAL,ACCURATE, but "scuttlebutt"  and I made that perfectly clear.   I also said in my post I hope I'm wrong, and if so it'll save me a lot of cash each month...

Now since you seem to be the self proclaimed expert ( X is the unknown factor and spurt is a drip under pressure ) on what constitutes as a lie and whom liars are,   Wear in the wide world of sports or in my post did I say the junta is doing away with the national health system(30 baht system)?  NO WEAR,,,,,, I didn't say anything of a sort,   I made a comment regarding some amendments to the 30 baht system I had heard suggested,   that would be why I purposely used the word SCUTTLEBUTT" rather than claiming it confirmed, fact, official or accurate, but rather an opinion,  now then you wonderful wonderful  expert on lies,  An opinion is simply that, AN OPINION, sure it can be incorrect or in fact true but an opinion is not a lie but simply thought  or stance on an issue,  just like the church opinion and claimed the universe revolves around the earth and Newton and Galileo  are big fat  liars.:whistling:

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Well its the same old submarine story deny deny deny and the its a done deal. I am sure its the same with the above. The junta would be OK if they were believable which they are not. The health system has been in their sights for quite some time now but its a hot button issue. They will attack it piecemeal not the whole loaf at once. Typical red shirt lies is really a stretch. I find rumors here eventually turn into fact they act as sort of trial balloons. Is the junta working in the best interests of the people overall? Is there even a need to ask that question? They keep acting in a Father Knows Best we are your big uncle manner which is disingenuous to the general populus. 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Nothing stays forever, but I doubt the junta will do anything with it. That is up to the next government. This is far to sensitive to burn their fingers on. This is something what would bring out people (justified for sure). 

By stating that they will keep it means they won't do a thing. 

What you said is correct.. it has been proposed.. and then rejected. But yes its an expensive scheme and will only get more expensive with the aging population. So its clear something will be done in the future. But not by this junta. The government that tries this will be deposed quite quickly.  

Well mate, looks like your wrong again. take a quick read of the statement made by the health minister and the people responsible for making recommendation amendments and CHANGES to the national health system including payment systems...

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

Well mate, looks like your wrong again. take a quick read of the statement made by the health minister and the people responsible for making recommendation amendments and CHANGES to the national health system including payment systems...

Give me a link to read and ill gladly do so.. there is nothing like that in this article.