Rio police say US swimmers made up robbery claim

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

They were just forced to pay $11,000 USD to get their passports back. 

That was one expensive bathroom door.

I watched the video. What kind of country thinks its OK for a private security guard to pull his pistol on someone who allegedly damaged a bathroom door? 

These US citizens were robbed at gunpoint...just not exactly as they claimed.

BTW, the video does not show them damaging the bathroom door. 

Because you don't understand how dangerous the country is, many security guards have licensed guns to protect the premise that they are hired to guard due to lots of robberies and kidnappings against locals as well. Again, they were not force to pay $11,000. You seem to be pretty adamant on giving Brazil a bad name by making things up.

In the US, a police would have pulled out his gun if 4 men bigger than the police was acting aggressive and not co-operating when ask to do so.

So no, they were not robbed at gun point. They refuse to wait for the police to arrive, I wonder why? 

The video does not show them damaging the bathroom door, again so what? which country has video cameras in the bathroom? 

18 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Nothing compared to the disgraceful brazilian spectators booing the french pole vaulter in order to boost their own boy thiago dasilva's gold medal winning chances...they are the true embarrassment of the games

Interesting the number of apologist comments there are on this topic

If these were another nationality sure the same people making excuses for these vandals would he howling that the persons concerned be doing jail time...

And god forebid if it was Thai nationals...the usual suspects would be calling for them to be executed, but it does seem these pathetic individuals behaved in a manner similar to a Thai Hiso, tried to buy their way out, tells lies, when caught out starts making excuses, trying to blame other people and finally a hollow pathetic apology 

2 hours ago, mike324 said:

Because you don't understand how dangerous the country is, many security guards have licensed guns to protect the premise that they are hired to guard due to lots of robberies and kidnappings against locals as well. Again, they were not force to pay $11,000. You seem to be pretty adamant on giving Brazil a bad name by making things up.

In the US, a police would have pulled out his gun if 4 men bigger than the police was acting aggressive and not co-operating when ask to do so.

So no, they were not robbed at gun point. They refuse to wait for the police to arrive, I wonder why? 

The video does not show them damaging the bathroom door, again so what? which country has video cameras in the bathroom? 

If it was Brazilians doing this in the US, the cops would have shot them dead 

22 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

They were just forced to pay $11,000 USD to get their passports back. 

That was one expensive bathroom door.

That $11K is just the tip of it.  Their sponsors are taking a wait and see stance and it may end up costing them $ millions.

But not for the door.  They paid less than $100 for that (plus hush money tip).  Their stupidity cost the rest when they made up the story.  Had they just kept their traps shut, they'd be filming TV commercials as we post here, youthful vandalism and all.

Kind of reminds me of those UK football idiots that posted their sexcapades in Bangkok. They, too found out that the public's love for their athletes has limits.

Edited by impulse

daveAustin is Correct! If they kept quiet and accepted their drunken mistake and that they have already paid for the consequences, this whole thing would have just blown over. But no, "I am an American Olympic Gold medalist and we were robbed in Rio!" - You will be forever remembered as a drunk, a vandal, a liar, a traitor and be a gold medalist on every Brazilian's shitlist!

Edited by douglasspade
Used wrong fontsize by mistake

On 8/19/2016 at 4:49 PM, Witblitz said:

Ah sounds just like Thailand, where the HiSo try to buy their way out of the trouble they cause and telling lies 

The American was not HiSo his mom is a Cuban and father a swimming coach.  The kid is a lo so jerk.  In Thailand he would have been happy to go to the Olympics with dad a teacher and mom an immigrant.  I'm sure it will cost him millions in endorsements and as it should he is a jerk to bring such disgrace on the US Olympic team I doubt if a lo so Thai would have the balls to bring so much loss of face to his country.

2 hours ago, Scotwight said:

The American was not HiSo his mom is a Cuban and father a swimming coach.  The kid is a lo so jerk.  In Thailand he would have been happy to go to the Olympics with dad a teacher and mom an immigrant.  I'm sure it will cost him millions in endorsements and as it should he is a jerk to bring such disgrace on the US Olympic team I doubt if a lo so Thai would have the balls to bring so much loss of face to his country.

Never said he was, i said they behaved in exactly the same manner as a HiSo..they have a bit of fame and its gone to their heads thinking they can do what they want and then try to buy their way out...

I would say its karma if it does cost them millions...they will think twice before behaving like baboons 

On 8/20/2016 at 7:44 PM, Scotwight said:

The US cops would have shot 3 Olympic Medalists?  I can see it if they lost but not a winner! 

I doubt cops / security would know if a foreign visitor was an olympian medalist if they are out in the city - vice versa in the US.