Rh-negative Blood Needed In Bangkok

george

Red Cross National Blood Centre in Bangkok asks for blood donors with Rh-negative blood of all sub-types.

Please contact them directly at:

Phone 0-2252-6116

Thanks! :o

Hi George,

I happen to have rh negative. I stay in Pattaya and go weekly to bkk. I calles that number but noone answers. Would you mind tell me the place, so I might go there directly. I know, there is always a great demand of rh-

regards

Castelleone

Hi George,

I happen to have rh negative. I stay in Pattaya and go weekly to bkk. I calles that number but noone answers. Would you mind tell me the place, so I might go there directly. I know, there is always a great demand of rh-

regards

Castelleone

Contact Information:

National Blood Center, Thai Red Cross

Henry Dunant Road, Pathumwan,

Bangkok 10330

Tel: 0-2251-3111 Ext 113, 114, 161, 162

Mon-Fri (no lunch break) 08.00-16.30 hrs

Thurs (no lunch break) 07.30-18.00 hrs

Sat & national holidays 08.00-12.00 hrs

Sun 12.00-16.00 hrs

But what's this..?

Do not donate if any of the following apply to you:

UNITED KINGDOM: You have visited or lived in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Gibraltar or Falkland Islands for a total of 3 months or more from 1980 thru 1996.

Looks like I'm out..:o .

But what's this..?

UNITED KINGDOM: You have visited or lived in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Gibraltar or Falkland Islands for a total of 3 months or more from 1980 thru 1996.

:D:D:D Any logic for this non-eligibility :D:D:D

But what's this..?

:D:D:D Any logic for this non-eligibility :D:D:D

Basically the years of conservative rule in the UK. You blokes all went bonkers for that period re-electing mad as a cut snake maggie thatcher. Don't want risk that anywhere else in the world.

Actually, it is Mad cow....or the the potential for any dormant strains of the virus to be spread elsewhere.

mooooooo

usually a falang blood type:

(RHD>> read RH- gene)

quote from : http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/mar20...00157.Ge.r.html

"In general, the RHD silent allele occurs at a frequency of about 40-45% in Europeans, and people of largely European ancestry. So, thats the basic answer to your question. In non-European populations the frequency of the RHD silent allele is much lower. In people of largely African ancestry, this allele occurs at a frequency of about 3%, and in people of Asian, Pacific Islander, and Native American ancestry, the RHD silent allele occurs at or less than a frequency of 1%. In addition, it seems like the mutation in the RHD silent allele in Europe is different from the mutation in the RHD silent allele found

Given these numbers, we can use population genetics make some predictions about the incidence of Rh negative blood types in various populations. In Europeans, we expect that about 16% of the population will have Rh negative blood types. In the other populations of the world, the frequency of Rh negative types will be much lower; in Africans, only 9 people in 10,000 will be Rh negative, and in the non-African, non-European portion of the world, only 1 person in 10,000 will be Rh negative. "

ask your thai friends, it's hard to find an RH- thai. they likely won't even mention positive or negative.

I needed some RH- blood about a year ago, it took nearly a week to scare up a few units.

tg