Naked Donald Trump statues pop up in cities across the US

webfact

Naked Donald Trump statues pop up in cities across the US

NEW YORK (AP) — It's Donald Trump like you've never seen him before.

Life-size naked statues of the Republican presidential nominee greeted passers-by in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and Cleveland on Thursday. They are the brainchild of an activist collective called INDECLINE, which has spoken out against Trump before.

In a statement, the collective said the hope is that Trump, the former host of "The Apprentice" reality TV series, "is never installed in the most powerful political and military position in the world."

The statues were created by an artist in Cleveland. They are of a stern-faced Trump with his hands folded over a bulging belly. Some parts of male genitalia are visible while others seemingly are missing.

"It is through these sculptures that we leave behind the physical and metaphorical embodiment of the ghastly soul of one of America's most infamous and reviled politicians," INDECLINE said in its statement.

Trump's campaign declined to comment on the statues.

A statue in New York's Union Square quickly drew the attention of people, many of whom posed for photographs with it, before it was removed by the city's parks department.

"NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small," parks spokesman Sam Biederman joked.

A video posted by DNAInfo showed onlookers booing and groaning as workers snapped the statue off its base, leaving the feet behind, and loaded it face-down into the back of a pickup truck. One woman yelled, "Take his nasty feet, too!"

Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio, when asked about the naked Trump statue, said, "That is a frightening thought. When he's wearing clothes I don't like him."

INDECLINE said statues on the West Coast were still in place.

This wasn't the group's first anti-Trump endeavor. The collective also has spray-painted a U.S.-Mexico border fence in Tijuana, Mexico, with an image of a gagged Trump.

The group's other projects have included putting the names of African-Americans killed by police over the inlaid stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and painting the words "This Land Was Our Land" across an unused airstrip in the Mojave Desert.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-08-19

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here is a link to the australian abc website with embedded youtube video of how the statues are made.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-19/naked-trump-statues-erected-in-sites-around-us/7765602

love the:

A New York parks and recreation department spokesperson said via email:

"NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small."

cheers

mft

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

:clap2:  What's next naked Hilary statues in response by the Trump campaign. Never imagine such a circus for a Presidential campaign.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12538672/nude-donald-trump-statues-union-square-los-angeles-indecline

That really is a truly gruesome spectacle....but yet, a remarkable resemblance to one Mr. Trump. 

26 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

That really is a truly gruesome spectacle....but yet, a remarkable resemblance to one Mr. Trump. 

I suppose most people at 70 yrs old are somewhat gruesome. But what makes this very accurate artistic portrayal so haunting is that perfect sh*itface facial expression, and puckered up butt...together with the er...um..that notorious small package. :lol:

3 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

I suppose most people at 70 yrs old are somewhat gruesome. But what makes this very accurate artistic portrayal so haunting is that perfect sh*itface facial expression, and puckered up butt...together with the er...um..that notorious small package. :lol:

Hey, it is cold without clothes on. You've heard of shrinkage, right?

23 minutes ago, lust said:

What the hell has the world come to? Seriously.. When was the last time elections have been like this?

Don't you think that, to a large extent, it is self inflicted? The runners, and Trump especially, have lowered the tone so much that the election has become almost like some trashy parody. They threw dignity and gravitas out the window and are appealing to base emotions. It should be no surprise that the responses are equally as crass.

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

:clap2:  What's next naked Hilary statues in response by the Trump campaign. Never imagine such a circus for a Presidential campaign.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12538672/nude-donald-trump-statues-union-square-los-angeles-indecline

this one good enough?

the australian street artist got ordered to 'tone the original (left) down', so in response he did this...(right)

Hillary-Clinton-mural-before_after.jpg

I find this liberal hypocrisy as usual. This is sexual abuse. For those who like it why not put a naked Hillary fighting with a naked Lewinski over Bill's erection. It's just art. Or how about a naked Obama and his wife and kids. It's just art. The apathy of liberals to this abuse is disgusting.  In the end, it's  going to add support to Trump in his argument that America is falling apart.

7 minutes ago, Alive said:

I find this liberal hypocrisy as usual. This is sexual abuse. For those who like it why not put a naked Hillary fighting with a naked Lewinski over Bill's erection. It's just art. Or how about a naked Obama and his wife and kids. It's just art. The apathy of liberals to this abuse is disgusting.  In the end, it's  going to add support to Trump in his argument that America is falling apart.

See the post above yours - it appears to be open season on one and all. I would, however, draw the line at including Obama's (or anyone else's) children in the fray.

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

See the post above yours - it appears to be open season on one and all. I would, however, draw the line at including Obama's (or anyone else's) children in the fray.

That's the point children or not. This is just sexual abuse. Why would liberals who think they hold the moral highground over Trump accept this in any way? I'm liberal by the way, not a Democrat but I'll usually choose Democrats over Republicans.

38 minutes ago, Alive said:

That's the point children or not. This is just sexual abuse. Why would liberals who think they hold the moral highground over Trump accept this in any way? I'm liberal by the way, not a Democrat but I'll usually choose Democrats over Republicans.

It is a result of the deliberate dumbing down of politics. Trump has hardly been a shining example of decency and decorum. Tactics merely differ in creating outrage.

I'm for anything legal that helps defeat the greatest danger to my nation in my lifetime -- dangerous donald trump.

Do the naked trumps help?

Then bring them on.

That's not liberal hypocrisy.

That's patriotic reality.

This horrible fascistic demagogue MUST be stopped.

Period. End of.

Donald Trump has stopped being funny, stopped being outrageous, he’s stopped being politically incorrect. He’s just downright dangerous.”

“And, the worst of it is, he’s just a liar. And I don’t want to hear ‘Hillary Clinton is a liar too!’ That is a false equivalency... Hillary Clinton is a very smart and capable politician, who many people don’t trust because she spends too much time lawyer-ing her words so she doesn’t lose votes, instead of telling us what she actually…thinks. Donald Trump is a psychopathic narcissist who not only has the hands of an infant, he has the mind of one….Donald Trump is an existential threat to America.”

Larry Wilmore. The Nightly Show.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Typical PC response. 

1 hour ago, Alive said:

It is abuse yes, but not sexual abuse.

And the person on the receiving end here is the person who has been abusing many, many others during this election campaign, people who do not have the means to fight back.

So he is finally getting some, really personal, abuse of his own.

I agree with you this should not happen, and I would object if this happened to others, democrats or republicans, but in the case of Trump: he asked for it, and it took long enough as it is.

I think Trump's supporters should have some naked Hillary's made to counter this. He could have a tampon hanging out of her private parts and add a stinky fish smell to the statues. They should be places in public areas so that people can get a good look at her wilted body and of course a good whiff of her stinky rotten truth. 

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

I think Trump's supporters should have some naked Hillary's made to counter this. He could have a tampon hanging out of her private parts and add a stinky fish smell to the statues. They should be places in public areas so that people can get a good look at her wilted body and of course a good whiff of her stinky rotten truth. 

You have gone into quite a bit of detail there - do you spend a lot of time thinking about Hilary's unmentionables?

Donald Trump appears naked in US cities... in statue form

606x341_341659.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO: -- Nude statues of Donald Trump – together with the slogan “The Emperor Has No Balls” – have been appearing in several American cities.

An activists’ group calling itself INDECLINE including artists, musicians and filmmakers has claimed responsibility for their depiction of the Republic presidential candidate in his barest form.

“I think it’s brilliant. He needs to be brought down a peg. He thinks he’s the greatest thing on earth and this is a very accurate depiction of who he really is,” said Curtis Jensen in San Francisco.

“It’s grotesque, even more so in person than it is in photos and it suits his personality perfectly,” said another onlooker, Diane Acosta.

The rather unflattering statues of the Republican presidential candidate turned up not only in San Francisco, but also in Los Angeles, New York, Cleveland and Seattle.

INDECLINE says its fleeting installations represent Trump’s fleeting nightmare before his inevitable fall.

In New York he has already gone. Justifying its decision to take the offensive statue down, the Parks Department made no comment on grounds of taste, stating simply that any structure that was unapproved was illegal.

A Trump spokeswoman did not respond immediately to a request for comment.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-19

12 minutes ago, Alive said:

at her age, do you think she needs tampons? but i do think your post is offensive.

11 minutes ago, manfredtillmann said:

at her age, do you think she needs tampons? but i do think your post is offensive.

I want it to be because that is how I feel about this Trump statue. You're right about the tampon but it's  'political art' so it's 'okay' especially if it's put in public areas for all to see young and old. I'm not denying Trump's impolite inconsiderate speechs but he's not doing them for families walking by on the street. To say that his naked statue on the street for all to see is okay is just wrong...unless this is the new normal for America.

Edited by Alive