Vehicle recalls

KittenKong

The other day I received a letter from the manufacturer of my 4 year old vehicle, all in Thai. As it came from the manufacturer rather than the dealer, and as it contained the reference number of my vehicle, I suspected that it may be a recall notice rather than some marketing campaign. So I drove along to my local dealer. They knew all about it and immediately replaced my airbag and greased the control column levers. No charge.

I was quite impressed that the manufacturer should send out a recall notice for an out of warranty vehicle, and even more impressed that the dealer knew all about it and did it on the spot.

Just wondering what other experiences people have of vehicle recalls here?

Yaris 2008 got a recall to check if it had an electric window fault on drivers side, no fault found, wanted check other things nothing to do with recall for 500 baht, :lol: no thanks.

City 2013 recall airbag trigger unit changed, nice coffee and biscuits while waiting. :D

6 hours ago, transam said:

My Vigo had a recall, Toyota sent a letter to me in English obviously because the ride was bought in my farang name....:giggle:

Think the ride was 6 years old..

I had a recall on my Volvo 760 Estate, it was I think 16 years old.....:clap2:

I had to recall once for my 23 years old Volvo to the scrap yard after my son couldn't afford to fix it after wrecking it. :D  

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:11 AM, KittenKong said:

The other day I received a letter from the manufacturer of my 4 year old vehicle, all in Thai

KK that wasn't Mitsu (Triton) by any chance as I received one last week? Lady at the call centre could not really tell me what it was about so I need to drop by the garage at some point.

16 hours ago, topt said:

KK that wasn't Mitsu (Triton) by any chance as I received one last week? Lady at the call centre could not really tell me what it was about so I need to drop by the garage at some point.

Yes, they will change the airbag and grease the control levers. I really notice the difference the grease makes. Free. Takes an hour. You can leave it until your next regular service if you like.

Archived