Easiest Country To Get Non Imm O-A

A Non Immigration O-A based on age in the UK costs  £125 for the multi entry but it requires me attending the Embassy in London which is not going to be easy for me. So I would like to know what are my best options for getting a Non Imm O-A from other countries local to Thailand. I dont want all the additional hassle of supplying a police check ( I have no convictions) and providing the medical certificate as required from the Thai Embassy in the UK. I meet the criteria for the O-A based on age and income as I said I am looking for an easier alternative.

Zero as you can only get an O-A from your home country. The only exception to this is if your had been working and living overseas then the Thai Embassy in that country might issue an O-A. You can get a 90 day single entry O-visa based on retirement from Vientiane Lao if you can show the finical side of it then you could convert it over o a 12 months retirement extension in Thailand.

Edited by khwaibah

• You can only get the non 'O-A' from the London Embassy (home country/or resident).
  • You can get a single entry non 'O' from Thai Embassies/Consulates local to Thailand. It will give you 90 days on entry that can be extended by 1 year at your local immigration office (1,900 baht).

1 minute ago, elviajero said:
  • You can only get the non 'O-A' from the London Embassy (home country/or resident).
  • You can get a single entry non 'O' from Thai Embassies/Consulates local to Thailand. It will give you 90 days on entry that can be extended by 1 year at your local immigration office (1,900 baht).

Please tell me more about the single entry non O ..... i am married to a  Thai and dont want to keep applying for a 60 day tourist visa and then keep getting a 30 day extension. The non O gives me 90 days but not clear about how the 1 year extension works

20 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Please tell me more about the single entry non O ..... i am married to a  Thai and dont want to keep applying for a 60 day tourist visa and then keep getting a 30 day extension. The non O gives me 90 days but not clear about how the 1 year extension works

If you are married to a Thai then get a single or multiple entry non 'O' from the Thai Embassy or Consulates in the UK. It's easily obtained with a copy of your marriage certificate.

1 year extension of stay,

• You'll get 90 days on entry and can apply for a 1 year extension of stay within the last 30 (maybe 45) days. 
  • You can apply for an extension based on being married or retirement (over 50).
  • You need to show a minimum income certified by the UK Embassy in Bangkok, or have money in a Thai bank, or a combination of the two (retirement only).

Income method

Married 40K

Retirement 65K

Bank method

Married: 400K (2 months)

Retirement: 800K (60 days)

If you don't want a 1 year extension of stay you could get a multiple entry non 'O'. It will be valid for entries for 1 year from the date it's issued.

• You can enter as often as you want during that year.
  • You get 90 days on every entry.
  • You need to leave every 90 days, but can exit and immediately re-enter at most land border crossings, or by air.
  • You can apply for a 1 year extension of stay during any 90 day entry, OR a 60 day extension which doesn't require any income or money in the bank.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:31 PM, khwaibah said:

Zero as you can only get an O-A from your home country. The only exception to this is if your had been working and living overseas then the Thai Embassy in that country might issue an O-A. You can get a 90 day single entry O-visa based on retirement from Vientiane Lao if you can show the finical side of it then you could convert it over o a 12 months retirement extension in Thailand.

'Quote" financial side to show in Vientienne?  How much and for how long? Last time nobody asked me for  proof of a bank-account and  " seasoning" Sometime they ask for a police  clearance report and a new  medical report which I have now obtained but never needed

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, elviajero said:

If you are married to a Thai then get a single or multiple entry non 'O' from the Thai Embassy or Consulates in the UK. It's easily obtained with a copy of your marriage certificate.

1 year extension of stay,

• You'll get 90 days on entry and can apply for a 1 year extension of stay within the last 30 (maybe 45) days. 
  • You can apply for an extension based on being married or retirement (over 50).
  • You need to show a minimum income certified by the UK Embassy in Bangkok, or have money in a Thai bank, or a combination of the two (retirement only).

Income method

Married 40K

Retirement 65K

Bank method

Married: 400K (2 months)

Retirement: 800K (60 days)

If you don't want a 1 year extension of stay you could get a multiple entry non 'O'. It will be valid for entries for 1 year from the date it's issued.

• You can enter as often as you want during that year.
  • You get 90 days on every entry.
  • You need to leave every 90 days, but can exit and immediately re-enter at most land border crossings, or by air.
  • You can apply for a 1 year extension of stay during any 90 day entry, OR a 60 day extension which doesn't require any income or money in the bank.

thanks El Viajero " The travelling Man" translation from Spanish, Ole'