Paul Manafort, Donald Trump's campaign manager resigns

rooster59

Paul Manafort, Donald Trump's campaign manager resigns

606x341_341723.jpg

Paul Manafort, the man hired by Donald Trump to lead the effort to make him president of the United States, has quit that job.

No reason has been given for the veteran election campaign manager’s departure, but it comes just days after Manafort was effectively demoted in a shake-up of Trump’s team as he slipped behind Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in opinion polls.

In a statement, the Republican party candidate called Manafort a “true professional” saying he appreciated his great work, but there may have been a clash of personalities as Manafort tried -unsuccessfully – to reign in Trump’s freewheeling campaigning style.

The Ukraine connection

Trump’s son Eric cited revelations about Manafort’s past work for the former pro-Russian government in Ukraine as an issue.

“I think my father didn’t want to be, you know, distracted by, you know, whatever things that, you know, Paul was dealing with,” he told Fox News.

On Friday Serhiy Leshchenko, a Ukrainian MP and former investigative journalist published several pages of the once-secret accounting documents of Ukraine’s pro-Kremlin party.

They purport to show payments of $12.7 million earmarked for Manafort, who has denied”:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/paul-manafort-ukraine-payment-new-york-times-227004 any financial wrongdoing.

Leshchenko said: “Systematically, for many years, he has been receiving corrupt, black money from (Viktor Yanukovych’s) Party of Regions. We have obtained documents that unfortunately can’t be shown because it’s a secret investigation.”

“No comment”

Euronews correspondent in Kyiv Sergio Cantone didn’t get far putting the allegations to the opposition block, the former Party of Regions.

He said: “They don’t want to make any comment about the issue and that’s not only because they are afraid of unveiling some black financial scheme, but it’s also about some concerns regarding the political relationship between the USA, Ukraine and their own party.”

Manafort’s political advisors did certainly help former Ukrainian leader Viktor Yanukovych get elected.

It is now being claimed Manafort secretly routed at least $2.2 million to two Washington lobbying firms, which would be illegal under US law.

Emails obtained by The Associated Press show that a firm run by Manafort directly orchestrated the covert lobbying operation on behalf of the Party of Regions, attempting to sway American public opinion in favour of Yanukovych’s government.

The lobbying included attempts to gain positive media coverage of Ukrainian officials in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The Associated Press.

Another goal was to undercut American public sympathy for Yulia Tymoshenko, an imprisoned rival of then-President Yanukovych.

At the time, European and American leaders were pressuring Ukraine to free her.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-20

Something about consistently making terrible choices springs to my mind.

No they've got the editor from Breitbart running the show, a sure disaster. Roger Ailes running his debate team. He's toast. It doesn't matter what he does, but these moves are hardly going to broaden his appeal. He's already shown himself to be an incompetent oaf and the worst candidate for President in history.  

The best part of the Trump campaign is that he's brought the Republican party down with him. 

1 hour ago, alfalfa19 said:

Something about deserting a sinking ship springs to mind. 

I supposed you could mean that two different ways:

--Trump deserting a sinking Manafort, or

--Manafort deserting a sinking Trump.

Both would seem to be apt, but for differing reasons.  :)

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, Manafort's ship is sinking faster the Senor Trump's gold-encased yacht. I hope Manafort likes his new orange jumpsuit.

I'm totally supportive of free speech, even for these Alex Jones crew-members.

But they do give me the heebie-jeebies, in serial-killer, neo-nazi, home-grown terrorist, black-helicopter fearing, false-flag sort of way.

Is every third word they say "Benghazi"? "Hi honey, Benghazi. How was Benghazi your day?" Like Rudy Giuliani using 9/11 ad nauseam.

And maybe a bit close to Labor Day for seersucker (3-piece no less).

@Post 8 Andreas2

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

That's rich.

The Bloviator's despicable henchman, Roger Stone, self proclaimed "King of Dirty Tricks"

and architect of Tricky Dick Nixon's, Doom and Gloom/Law and Order propaganda.

On Alex Jones.

Too good.

And I mean hilarious.

Roger Stone.jpg

Edited by iReason

All they need to do is pre record Trumps speech and then teach him to lip sync......Or, put a shock collar on him. And shock him when he deviates from the just of the speech. 

Edited by NickJ
None

Every time Trump takes on a new person, he will invariably describe that person in glowing terms. 

Just as certain, when that person is shown the door, he/she will have to sign a 'non-disclosure contract' a.k.a. 'gag order' - to never say anything disparaging about Trump.   Trump does it to former wives, former biz associates, and anyone else who gets close.   I'm sure Trump sorely wishes he had compelled the schwartz, the ghost writer of 'The Art of The Deal' to sign one, but that was early days, and Trump was less draconian/savvy way back then.  When someone like Schwartz slips through the cracks, Trump can always follow up with a defamation-of-character lawsuit, which is what he recently slapped on Schwartz.

Then there are people who don't play by the rules of 'gag order' like one of the dozens of women who is suing Ailes for sexual harassment, even though she signed a non-disclosure with Ailes.  Trump probably wakes up in cold sweats at night, hoping none of the hundreds of his former associates (who signed gag orders) will be so pernicious.

FBI probes possible U.S. ties to corruption by former Ukraine president: CNN

"The FBI and U.S. Justice Department are investigating possible U.S. ties to alleged corruption involving the former president of Ukraine, including the work of firms headed by political operatives Paul Manafort and Tony Podesta, CNN reported on Friday, citing multiple U.S. law enforcement officials."

"The broad-based investigation was looking into whether U.S. companies and the financial system were used to enable corruption by the party of former pro-Russian Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych, CNN said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-ukraine-idUSKCN10U2CP

6 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

The Donald is a bit tainted but this guy really reeked. Follow the story. The Donald had to know this guys background when he vetted him. Guilty by association. There my dear fellow TV ers it is just another example of how crooked politics really is. You try and use the crooked guy as long as you can but when he is exposed throw him under the bus and feign innocence. About 35% of the sheeple should swallow this one.

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

If Trump wants to shake up his team, what's the big deal?  :thumbsup:

Among other things, it's interesting to see the sort of people he picks for top spots.  For example, it appears Roger Ailes is one of his top advisors.  There's talk (on TYT and other sites) that Trump is getting used to the idea of losing the election, and he's already jockying to see  how he can land on his feet.  The talk includes buddying up with Ailes and starting a hard-right media outlet.  If Trump's track record (Trump Airlines, Trump Mortgage, Trump Vodka, Trump Steaks, ad nauseum)  is anything to go by, it will start with a big splash, and end months later in a messy whimper full of litigation.

Also; it doesn't bode well for a political campaign when top players are replaced monthly, as has happened twice in as many months with the Trump folks.  Scratch the surface of any of his top appointees, and you'll see some unattractive character traits.   It would be a sad time for the US if Trump got in a position to fill hundreds of important positions, including S.Court nominees.

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You guys and the news department are woefully out of touch.  Trump replaced him 4 days ago with Steve Bannon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/us/politics/donald-trump-stephen-bannon-paul-manafort.html?_r=0

Don't you feel silly?  The times said 3 days ago, "Paul Manafort, the campaign chairman, will retain his title and focus on the political shop but was widely seen as being sidelined:

3 hours ago, iReason said:

@Post 8 Andreas2

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

That's rich.

The Bloviator's despicable henchman, Roger Stone, self proclaimed "King of Dirty Tricks"

and architect of Tricky Dick Nixon's, Doom and Gloom/Law and Order propaganda.

On Alex Jones.

Too good.

And I mean hilarious.

Don't just kill the messenger and ...

... to complete the visual impression of Roger Stone ;):

nixon_tattoo.jpeg

Anyway, if you watched/listened to his comments, they make quite a lot sense and sound plausible - At least to me, as I'm usually also interested in background stories.

Yes, I'm sure, he knows the game of dirty political tricks, from both sides. But hey, do you still have any trust in the MSM (CNN, Fox, ...)? Are you one of these 6%?

I confess, as of late, I frequently follow the reports at InfoWars.com. And what they are reporting is usually surprisingly accurate... A few days later, their stories are confirmed by the MSM; Including their own (MSM) narratives, of course. Just a short example of such a spin: Victim's sister: "Don't bring violence here" ("calling for peace")

If Mr. Manafort in fact did break any law, then we will sooner or later hear and read about it. If not... Ok, then you will have your own sources that will provide you with their story - If you are really interested.

With my link I only wanted to provide some additional information regarding Mr. Manafort's departure. If everything (anything?) is true that we hear from any source... Who knows.

9 minutes ago, Andreas2 said:

nixon_tattoo.jpeg

Anyway, if you watched/listened to his comments, they make quite a lot sense and sound plausible - At least to me, as I'm usually also interested in background stories.

Yes, I'm sure, he knows the game of dirty political tricks, from both sides. But hey, do you still have any trust in the MSM (CNN, Fox, ...)? Are you one of these 6%?

I confess, as of late, I frequently follow the reports at InfoWars.com. And what they are reporting is usually surprisingly accurate... A few days later, their stories are confirmed by the MSM; Including their own (MSM) narratives, of course. Just a short example of such a spin: Victim's sister: "Don't bring violence here" ("calling for peace")

If Mr. Manafort in fact did break any law, then we will sooner or later hear and read about it. If not... Ok, then you will have your own sources that will provide you with their story - If you are really interested.

With my link I only wanted to provide some additional information regarding Mr. Manafort's departure. If everything (anything?) is true that we hear from any source... Who knows.

For those of you who might not know, infowars.com is Alex Jones' website.

" I think my father didn’t want to be, you know, distracted by, you know, whatever things that, you know, Paul was dealing with” 

So, like he, you know, like, sounds, about as, like, illiterate, as the, you know, average, like, high skool kid. As if we need a President to dumb down the country further (and stuff, like, you know). What ever... 

2 hours ago, Andreas2 said:

nixon_tattoo.jpeg

You had me at, "Anyway, if you watched/listened to his comments, they make quite a lot sense and sound plausible - At least to me". 

Holy mackerel. Sir, this is unadulterated nonsense. Thanks for sharing. Now get help. 

1 hour ago, Pinot said:

You had me at, "Anyway, if you watched/listened to his comments, they make quite a lot sense and sound plausible - At least to me". 

Holy mackerel. Sir, this is unadulterated nonsense. Thanks for sharing. Now get help.

Even if we never agree on anything, it is always a pleasure to read your eloquent comments - They are generally very respectful, thoughtful, constructive and a real intellectual enrichment for all participants on here. They are a sign of your generosity - and courtesy, I may add - to give us all so many chances to always learn something new based on your seemingly unlimited insight.

People with such a high information mind like you are real game- and mind changers. You are extremely persuasive, you make a difference! You are a real motivator and a pillar of every forum activity; Outstanding and indispensable.

Out of curiosity, has all the Trump propaganda support forces as well as, the rest of Brexit Putinists support forces, left the stage after they got gold medal when the former Great Britain voted to exit the EU?

23 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

Another commentator likened Trump and his campaign to a hospice vigil.

Trump knows he's on his last legs, but wants to expire surrounded by friends and family. So, enter Steve Bannon.

13 hours ago, Andreas2 said:

nixon_tattoo.jpeg

Info wars? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Dont forgot, if you love your family, order your survival supplies now!...like the his radiation antidote or his special waterpurifying drinking straw or stock your bunker with his no GMO food supplies. Do it before Obama declares martial law, takes the guns and locks you up in FEMA Camps. !!!!

infowarsdotcom 

9 hours ago, Andreas2 said:

Even if we never agree on anything, it is always a pleasure to read your eloquent comments - They are generally very respectful, thoughtful, constructive and a real intellectual enrichment for all participants on here. They are a sign of your generosity - and courtesy, I may add - to give us all so many chances to always learn something new based on your seemingly unlimited insight.

People with such a high information mind like you are real game- and mind changers. You are extremely persuasive, you make a difference! You are a real motivator and a pillar of every forum activity; Outstanding and indispensable.

I'm verklempt. I don't get compliments from Republicans praising my eloquent comments...for some reason.  

Linda Richmond verklempt at 1:12

GOP insiders: Trump's overhaul won't succeed

Roughly a third of Republican respondents say the addition of Bannon and promotion of Conway

will make things worse. (sub-title)

"Donald Trump says this week’s dramatic campaign overhaul will put his presidential bid on the right path,

but GOP leaders in key battleground states aren’t buying it."

“Changes in top staff this late in the game are always a sign that the campaign and candidate recognize that they are lost, in this case, they have gone from bad to worse."

“You can keep moving people in and out of the car, but so long as the drunk guy is driving it while blindfolded,

the ride probably isn't going to get any smoother.”  :clap2:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-reset-insiders-caucus-227177#ixzz4Hxiuda5h 

The Clown Car.

Driven by the Clueless Bloviator...

Edited by iReason