Mexican chilli pepers

Randell

Give old Don Battles a PM, he used to grow some of them for his restaurant.

Try asking in the food section of ThaiVisa as well.

I have a friend coming from Australia next month I'll ask him to bring a couple of packets.

It may cost you some fresh chilies next year... B)

I did send Don a PM but there was no reply. But will take your advise and post in the  food section. If your friend does bring some I will certainly recompence and pay chillies for interest come harvest.

Thanks Randell

Hi Randell, I too would like to know.  Additionally, it would be cool if someone would open a restaurant in C.Rai which served Mexican dishes.   There are a dozen or more in C.Mai, but last time I checked, none in C.Rai.    

On a side note: A new guy to town, Paul from England, was floating the idea of starting an Indian restaurant in C.Rai (another type of food not available here).  If anyone wants to speak with him about that, pm me and I'll send his tel#.

Maybe you gardening guys could set up some sort of seed sharing group.

I'm sure I've seen various chili pepper varieties for sale in the big super markets like Tops and Rimping (Chiang Mai) on occasions and labelled appropriately.

The seeds should be ok, I once (many years ago now) grew Giant Jalapenos from chilies bought in a market.

On 21/08/2016 at 7:19 PM, boomerangutang said:

Hi Randell, I too would like to know.  Additionally, it would be cool if someone would open a restaurant in C.Rai which served Mexican dishes.   There are a dozen or more in C.Mai, but last time I checked, none in C.Rai.    

On a side note: A new guy to town, Paul from England, was floating the idea of starting an Indian restaurant in C.Rai (another type of food not available here).  If anyone wants to speak with him about that, pm me and I'll send his tel#.

Umh - there is a fairly new Indian Restaurant at the Clock Tower end of Jet Rod Road.

Rather good as it happens....

• 3 weeks later...