Govt launches English-language broadcast program for international audiences

rooster59

Govt launches English-language broadcast program for international audiences

Tanakorn Sangiam

PNPOL590820001000701_20082016_092935.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 August 2016 (NNT) – The government is introducing a new English-language TV program to propagate government policies to international audiences with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha admitting that he had never used online media to communicate with the public before. 

Speaking in a weekly TV broadcast program, the premier said that he had never used online media as a channel to communicate with the general public and has only done so via the TV broadcast program every Friday. 

He remarked that urgent issues may be raised to the public by a team of government spokespersons or those attached to varied portfolios and that all necessary information is to be disclosed and not to be hidden. 

In particular, he said, the government is introducing “The Insider Thailand,” a new English-language TV program to be aired every Sunday at 11 a.m. on NBT and NBT World channels to propagate the government’s news and information to international audiences.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-21

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The government is introducing a new English-language TV program to propagate government policies to international audiences..."

As with Yingluck, I'm sure it would make more sense if he spoke in Thai to an audience that can't understand the language. The reaction of English speaking audiences with be: "Is he for real?" 

Finally, a news channel for the second class people of this country, in this channel

they will tell us all things we, as a foreigner are not allowed to own and do,

and how visa regulations are getting sillier and harder to follow year on year.....

I just can't wait......

Hope they are not going to stereotype "farangs".

Sunday at 11 am. is a rather inconvenient time as having had my full english breakfast around 9 am I normally cut the lawns and then wash the car, whilst my wife prepares the vegetables for the Sunday roast. But with a little luck I will be able to fit the viewing time in, prior to heading to the pub, returning at 3 pm. for lunch and a snooze, before heading off to church for evensong.

These are some of the joys I have discovered living in Issan whilst embracing and enveloping myself in the local culture.

As I said, I wouldn't want to be stereotyped.

57 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

When it starts we can expect claims that the viewing figures have gone through the roof,   or should that be the floor   ?   :gigglem:

97.4% of foreigners asked in a recent poll said that they would change their plans for Sunday mornings in order to watch this programme.

74.53% said that they had long felt that something was missing from their lives in the kingdom, and were sure that the programme was going to fill that gap.

Edited by JAG
Bl##dynamic predictive text

Even though polls will say 73% of expats want junta rule .....and the show is loved by 97% of us.

This will be good ......

You want see what makes them tick .....their reasoning? 

Watch

Youth over 15 ( WHo are westerners) have superior logic to any Thai professor.

Their propaganda won't succeed .

Even their opening line on change is against the grain of western thought .

For reform ...change is required and it takes time.

Where as to these people change is immediate in minutes.
And reform a mind set ....
Rather than consciousness.

I am thrilled they show the world their insidious thinking.

This will be spectacular in its abject failure.

Can we have his wonderful compositions in English too?  I also want his rendition of 'My Way'  (Thai version 'Thai Way').

I'm convinced hearing his compositions will inspire farangs and the international community to even greater love for dear leader

'To propagate the Government's news': oh wait! There is a slight misspelling here: what they really wanted to say was 'broadcast PROPAGANDA about the Government's news'. Well, they are well practised at that - but still incompetent at it!

Edited by Eligius

Can't wait to see this one, Sunday mornings will never be the same again.

It may be compulsory and foreigners found not watching may be sent for attitude adjustment which would consist of being forced to watch all previous episodes of the Friday night drama.

International audiences are urged to watch with an open mind my while remaining non critical and to embrace the tolerance and flexibility of the population at large.

Edited by PatOngo

The latest rotating playlist has just been announced;

1. Highway to Hell                   AC/DC

2. Road to Nowhere                Talking Heads

3. Blind                                      Talking Heads

4. I Fought the Law                 Bobby Fuller Four

5. We Are the Champions      Queen

6. Waiting on the World to Change    John Mayer

7. Yellow Submarine               The Beatles

8. My Way                                 OK Kara OK

9. If                                            Bread

10 Stairway to Heaven           Led Zepplin

I wonder if all the embassies will record it and send it back to their respective Foreign Ministries as it will be more revealing than any cable or report they put together and give the Men From The Ministry a good old laugh.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

2 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"The government is introducing a new English-language TV program to propagate government policies to international audiences..."

As with Yingluck, I'm sure it would make more sense if he spoke in Thai to an audience that can't understand the language. The reaction of English speaking audiences with be: "Is he for real?" 

They already have a program talking about the government's policies on TV that is in Thai.  The reaction of the Thai audience is also "is this for real?" :lol:

With the questionable standard of English around and in order to   '  help  '   can we expect subtitles in the same questionable English which will double the fun.    This could be another gift that just keeps on giving.

Will it be renewed for a second season though   ?   :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

I wonder if there was a "boing!" sound at the end of that sentence? 

Actually, that is a brilliant idea, which I had never thought of: why don't they provide the Friday night (and new Sunday morning) Addresses with all the bells, boings and whistles that comedy programmes here normally have. Could be a real hit - even greater than now!