Families of dead victims from bomb blasts to receive 1.18 million baht each

snoop1130

Families of dead victims from bomb blasts to receive 1.18 million baht each

865_Wisanu-wpcf_728x409.jpg

Families of the four Thais who were killed in bomb explosions in during Mother’s Day will be paid 1.18 million baht each in compensation, said Deputy Prime Minister Wisanu Krea-ngarm on Monday.

As for the injured in the bomb blasts in seven southern provinces who include 26 Thais and 11 foreign tourists, he said that the ministries concerned would look into their medical bills and decide on the payments.

On top of that, he said the injured foreigners would be covered by a fund of the Justice Ministry’s Rights Protection Department.

Compensation payments will be delivered to the families of the dead victims and the injured by respective governors of the seven provinces within this month, said the deputy prime minister.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/families-dead-victims-bomb-blasts-receive-1-18-million-baht/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-22

I have every sympathy with the families of those killed, but the logic of this compensation completely baffles me.  Why were the relatives of those killed at the Erawan shrine paid only 400,000 baht? For that matter, why are the families of dead bomb-victims paid anything? Why aren't the families of all murder-victims paid compensation?

Also all the victims maimed and murdered in multiple similar incidents following Thaksin's ouster from the 2006 NY Eve bombs in Bangkok until now. Must be in the thousands of victims by now. Greatest sympathy to all.

14 hours ago, DNPBC0 said:

I have every sympathy with the families of those killed, but the logic of this compensation completely baffles me.  Why were the relatives of those killed at the Erawan shrine paid only 400,000 baht? For that matter, why are the families of dead bomb-victims paid anything? Why aren't the families of all murder-victims paid compensation?

Compensation 

TAT will dole out all the Farang renumerations with flowers and gift baskets.  Then a quick post with new fudged expected  figures now everything is safe and sound again.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care. :coffee1:

17 hours ago, DNPBC0 said:

I think it may have to do with acknowledging that such bombing attacks are political in nature, and aimed at the state. In this sense, the state is responsible for people getting hurt. Other forms of violence (murders, for example) are usually more "personal" in nature. Also, it's good PR....

43 minutes ago, innocenthai said:

How ridiculous is it to give only 1 million ?

About 10 years wages, tax free (I assume), for a Thai minimum wage worker, and more than the usual payout. Unless you are a red-shirt getting compensation from Yingluk - she was very generous with other people's money.