Water filter going into house

flexomike

I am building a new house and want to put in a water filter for water going into house, have pretty good water flow, coming from a reservoir, will not be drinking the water, more concerned about clean water for showers, and washing clothes. Any suggestions, want one that will not restrict the flow of water too much, wife needs a lot of water flow for showers. Live in the Rayong area, so we have some of the larger stores.

I am assuming that you plan a holding tank and pump, generally outside of metro areas the delivered pressure is appalling. Generally city water is pretty dirty, so a simple particulate filter is a must. After that you can consider a carbon filter to get rid of odors before you head into the storage tank.

The pictures are of my particulate filter pre and post filter replacement, gives an idea of what potentially you could be showering and washing with!

Filter After.jpg

Filter Before.jpg

Filter.jpg

Thank you for the response, I was at Home Pro yesterday, and this looks like the system that they showed me, I take it that you are also using a pump. The stainless steel tank is used for getting rid of the odors in the water? This looks like what I would want. How often do you change your filters, I didn't get a cost from the person If talked to because I wasn't sure what I needed. How large of a tank do you have, there will normally be just two of us with occasional guests. Have a great day.

Mike

GinBoy2 posted great photos. The OP might consider a water pump shop in Rayon where he can speak English to the owner of the shop and have a more direct relationship and written warranty on the installation. Prices for filters are all over the map in Buriram. 1/2" PVC pipe is not something I would want in my house water supply if I had a say in the matter. PVC pipe installations at my homes have gone better if I had a part of what size pipes were bought and installed.  GinBoy2 included a photo of my wife's favorite Solo brand lawn sprinkler. Far superior to any plastic lawn sprinklers I wasted money on in Thailand. 

I did in point of fact buy the sediment filter unit at HomePro, but do NOT buy the filters themselves at Homepro they are way overpriced. You can get 50 for ฿1000 online, a fraction of what you will pay at Homepro or Global.

Hard to say how often you will need to change them, water quality is all over the map, I usually change them somewhere between 4 and eight weeks. I check them at 4 weeks then every two weeks after that if they don't need changing at 4.

My carbon filter, again bought at Homepro is a 20 ltr unit, and you change the carbon filter material once a year.

I have a 2000ltr tank, with a 300W pump. Storage is more than I need on a routine basis, but this is a country that has no clue of resource management, so store more than you need for the times (and it will happen) when the water gets turned off for days at a time.

Here's the link for the filters, they are actually better in terms of filtration that you will buy in HP, 5micron, at a fraction of the price. Your wife/gf can help you with the website, or just give them a call and you can pay by ATM

https://www.duan-daw.com/product/499/ไส้กรองน้ำ-sediment-pp-10-นิ้ว-x-2-5-นิ้ว-5-micron-colandas-ยกลัง-50-ชิ้น

Great, I think this is what I will be doing, and thank you for the filter information, I asked my wife if she wanted to order them for me or should I have the GF order them, she didn't think that was funny. One more question, I will be having a couple of outside water faucets on the house for the wife to water her plants can this system be set up to bypass it for the outside water.

Since my wife likes to what I consider over water her plants, I have two water systems, one tank goes through the filters for inside the house, another tank and pump, not filtered for outside watering. I see no point in clogging filters so the plants get clean water!