Police: Man shouts 'Allahu akbar' in Australian knife attack 

webfact

3 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

I always wanted to shoot a 357 Magnum and it would be my pleasure to try my first shot on a guy who'd killed some innocent people, just because he wanted to have plenty of virgins, but didn't know that you can't have sex without a body. 

Or what about those who're found with a bomb around their bodies? Let them blow themselves up, hanging on a crane, visible for everybody. Bummmmm,.....

You sound like an ideal candidate for the ISIS. You certainly share a significant part of their ideology.

TH 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I love it.

Thanks !

You may well like the cartoon, but it is an incorrect accusation. However, you may like the fact Oz is trending to right wing political agendas. As an outcome of the recent national elections an increase of right ring zealots (some of whom subscribe to conspiracy theories - ring a bell?) elected to the Senate, with ridiculous economic policy, plus the associated pandering by a one seat majority government.

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You may well like the cartoon, but it is an incorrect accusation. However, you may like the fact Oz is trending to right wing political agendas. As an outcome of the recent national elections an increase of right ring zealots (some of whom subscribe to conspiracy theories - ring a bell?) elected to the Senate, with ridiculous economic policy, plus the associated pandering by a one seat majority government.

Good humor is good humor no katter what side a guy is on. I think this board needs more of it. 

Glad to hear about Oz. I have always admired them and Canadians. Like me they sound to be swinging a bit to the right nowadays but certsinly not far right? 

Its the far right and the far left that gets my goat. (like obama supporters). 

I will read up on the conspiracy theories. I am scratching my thinning hair trying to figure out what they could have conspiracies about?

2 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Good humor is good humor no katter what side a guy is on. I think this board needs more of it. 

Glad to hear about Oz. I have always admired them and Canadians. Like me they sound to be swinging a bit to the right nowadays but certsinly not far right? 

Its the far right and the far left that gets my goat. (like obama supporters). 

I will read up on the conspiracy theories. I am scratching my thinning hair trying to figure out what they could have conspiracies about?

Off topic but a few examples:

Climate change

'Frankfurt School' which in essence is anti Semitic propaganda

15 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Lighten up Dude.

I have been a member for over 10 years, during which I have never preached extreme political positions.

Cheers

OK, but the political cartoon you posted representing right wing BS is IMO 'extreme' so we have different values. Just to remind...

It appears that Pernicious Ideologueus Myopias has traversed the Pacific Ocean.

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

OK, but the political cartoon you posted representing right wing BS is IMO 'extreme' so we have different values. Just to remind...

That was a great cartoon. It made a very legitimate point in a humorous way.

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Interesting.

I can't ever think of a time that I thought a cartoon extreme and offensive.

It could be a cartoon poking fun at church-going cattle and grain  farmers from Eastern Colorado and I would still appreciate someone attempted to add humor to the day.

Its hard for me to imagine someone so overly sensitive and wound so tight to be offended by that cartoon and think it "extreme".

what in heavens do you talk about with people? Are there any safe subjects where you do not wind up offended?

I go to a local cafe in my town every Saturday morning and sit at a large table and nearby booths full of all kinds of liberals and conservatives alike but we have only one requirement to participate.

A sense of humor.

24 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Its hard for me to imagine someone so overly sensitive and wound so tight to be offended by that cartoon and think it "extreme".

:cheesy::cheesy:

Cmon Clutchy

There are little coiled springs all over the globe that are just waiting for any excuse to explode as soon as they perceive that a sleight has been made on Islam.

It is not just cartoons that set them off like Chinese firecrackers :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

That was a great cartoon. It made a very legitimate point in a humorous way.

34 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Interesting.

I can't ever think of a time that I thought a cartoon extreme and offensive.

It could be a cartoon poking fun at church-going cattle and grain  farmers from Eastern Colorado and I would still appreciate someone attempted to add humor to the day.

what in heavens do you talk about with people? Are there any safe subjects where you do not wind up offended?

I go to a local cafe in my town every Saturday morning and sit at a large table and nearby booths full of all kinds of liberals and conservatives alike but we have only one requirement to participate.

A sense of humor.

We are getting more & more off topic, but so long as Mods permit...

Australians generally have a very different culture to the US.

If you and others find an accusation against the investigative police dealing with the OP or indeed the general public of Australia. are immersed in the right wing definition of PC behaviour & find it humerous so be it. The majority in Oz find it offensive to make such unfounded allegation against Oz security forces and would be treated with contempt in 'cafe society', not humour. My wife works is a restaurant here in Oz, unfortunately she finds a number of US citizens comments bigoted & highly offensive towards Asian staff, I do reassure her that's not the norm...

Edited by simple1

^^^^Simple1

I am guessing I read a different cartoon than you. The one I was referring to was "The Wheel of Fortune" one.

so far you describe conservatives as zealots and Americans as bigots. 

I always thought Aussies were alot of easy going folks who listened to John Williamson and camped in their Utes. Atleast that is what I hoped ;-)

cheers

22 minutes ago, simple1 said:

My wife works is a restaurant here in Oz, unfortunately she finds a number of US citizens comments bigoted & highly offensive towards Asian staff, I do reassure her that's not the norm...

That is interesting. I have visited Australia numerous times and found Australians much more racist than Americans. Of course, I live in California, so that might explain part of it.

In California, there is very little racism against Asians. They blend right in. In Australia, I felt like they were very seperate from the white folks.

Edited by Ulysses G.

11 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

That is interesting. I have visited Australia numerous times and found Australians much more racist than Americans. Of course, I live in California, so that might explain part of it.

In California, there is very little racism against Asians. They blend right in. In Australia, I felt like they were very seperate from the white folks.

True in some parts of Oz, I live in a very pleasant reasonably wealthy part of Oz with minimal immigrants , Noosaville Queensland, but the local electorate voted 10% for an anti immigration party in recent national elections.

35 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

^^^^Simple1

I am guessing I read a different cartoon than you. The one I was referring to was "The Wheel of Fortune" one.

so far you describe conservatives as zealots and Americans as bigots. 

I always thought Aussies were a lot of easy going folks who listened to John Williamson and camped in their Utes. Atleast that is what I hoped ;-)

cheers

Yeah most are relatively laid back, but a nasty long standing minority are not & egged on by some Federal politicians.

Look up the White Australia policy and the PNG Solution to give some background