Pigeons, Fancy Pigeons, Racing Pigeons, etc

jak2002003

Back in the UK one of my hobbies was keeping fancy pigeons.. lots of different breeds. 

In India it's a big hobby too, and most other Asian countries, but I can't seem to find any information about pigeon keeping in Thailand.  I know they have big pigeon races in Bangkok, but I could not find their website. I found a page on Facebook, but no one replied to my enquiries, , in Thai or English! 

Anyone on here keep pigeons, for racing, pets or meat?

I am looking for some new breeds to keep.  I currently have king pigeons, white homing pigeons, fantails and Dutch Capuchines. 

Thanks for the photos....  I am very jealous!  Did you make the roost boxes yourself?

Where do you live?  What kinds of fancy pigeons do you have, and would you sell any?

I am looking for the following breeds:

White racing homers,

Old German Owl (or anything that looks like them such as Shield marked pigeons)

Black Old Dutch Capuchines

I have a guy here breeds the Jacobin Pigeons... but I am not a fan of them as they are not good at flying.  I also have lots of Brown / Red Old Dutch Capuchines and White or Coloured Fantail Pigeons (not show quality).

Thanks again for your message.... I am always keen to find other people into keeping pigeons and other birds. 

Jak, nice to see another pigeon fancier,i have capuchin also.We have pure white,brown and sometimes we get black babies.

Also we have a few Lahore couples,grey,red and black,these are not easy to find.

We have one breeding couple of white homers,They are pure white and so are the offspring.

Also Meulemans homers(chocolate color)and some other rare colored homers.

I would really like a pair of Jacobin,been trying to find some.We also have some Archangels and some cross Archangels /German owl.Beautiful birds.Where are you located?

The white ones have

lahore babies to raise,thats why the are not white!

DSCF0750.JPG

DSCF0752.JPG

DSCF0757.JPG

DSCF0801.JPG

DSCF1080.JPG

Small world. I have been selling pigeon software to fanciers and clubs in the UK for over 20 years. My Dad kept racing pigeons in our garden from the day I was born, so I grew up with them. Other than a couple of white fantails, I never kept any myself.

I've never understood the fascination with pigeons until I saw these photos. Some of those birds are beautiful! I particularly like the black and white ones.

Now I understand 

2 hours ago, djayz said:

I've never understood the fascination with pigeons until I saw these photos. Some of those birds are beautiful! I particularly like the black and white ones.

Now I understand 

Mate to see the racing home from a race is a great feeling, knowing you have bred them looked after them trained them and they come home forvthe love of there home is a great feeling

57 minutes ago, pigeonjake said:

Mate to see the racing home from a race is a great feeling, knowing you have bred them looked after them trained them and they come home forvthe love of there home is a great feeling

I believe you.

Archived