Whips agree senators have the right to pick outsider as candidate for premiership’s post

webfact

7 minutes ago, chainarong said:

This will only be for awhile till the people wake up they've been had . 

The Buffalo Springfield song     Something's Happening Here  '   has some interesting and applicable words.

11 minutes ago, halloween said:

They've been "had" for most of this century, and most still haven't woken up (allegedly).

I agree that the Thai people have been 'had' (cheated/ exploited) for most of this century. But many have woken up. The sad thing is that on a number of occasions, when they have dared to stand up for their rights - they were ruthlessly slaughtered in cold blood ...

15 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I agree that the Thai people have been 'had' (cheated/ exploited) for most of this century. But many have woken up. The sad thing is that on a number of occasions, when they have dared to stand up for their rights - they were ruthlessly slaughtered in cold blood ...

In this century? Are you referring to the B500/day rent-a-crowd providing concealment for the mercenaries, or the political party's private militia?

Woken up seems right though. In the red provinces, PTP had difficulty mustering a small majority to support their stated preferred position. The rest of the country ignored them.

13 minutes ago, halloween said:

In this century? Are you referring to the B500/day rent-a-crowd providing concealment for the mercenaries, or the political party's private militia?

Woken up seems right though. In the red provinces, PTP had difficulty mustering a small majority to support their stated preferred position. The rest of the country ignored them.

Sorry:  by 'in this century' I meant over the past 100 or so years (not just in the 21st century).

As for the Referendum result (if you are referring to that - I am not sure): I personally know lots of anti-junta Thais who stayed away from the polling booths as they felt the whole thing was rigged from start to finish. The majority of eligible Thai voters did NOT vote for this new Constitution. That is clear. 

Edited by Eligius

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Sorry:  by 'in this century' I meant over the past 100 or so years (not just in the 21st century).

As for the Referendum result (if you are referring to that - I am not sure): I personally know lots of anti-junta Thais who stayed away from the polling booths as they felt the whole thing was rigged from start to finish. The majority of eligible Thai voters did NOT vote for this new Constitution. That is clear. 

Up to them. But if you don't bother to vote, don't bother to bitch about the result.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

So, halfwits and yokels bribed to vote when you don't like the outcome and 'Clearly the people have spoken' when you do. That's how your post reads, anyway...

your words and definitely not mine, although there do seem to be a lot of halfwits posting here

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

your words and definitely not mine, although there do seem to be a lot of halfwits posting here

True, but luckily TVF has I, the summit of human thought, to balance things out...

Let's see, yesterday at 2:41 pm we had "Senate Will Only Nominate a PM in Event of Deadlock, Lawmakers Say"  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/08/24/senate-will-nominate-pm-event-deadlock-lawmakers-say/

This seems to be confirmed yesterday at 5:15 pm with "Whips agree senators have the right to pick outsider as candidate for premiership’s post"  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/whips-agree-senators-right-pick-outsider-candidate-premierships-post/

Then at 11:20 pm yesterday we had "CDC agrees only House members are entitled to nominate prime minister"  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cdc-agrees-house-members-entitled-nominate-prime-minister/

It seems this constitution was too long and complicated for anyone, even the junta, to understand.  They can't even agree on something as basic as nominating the PM.