90-Day Reporting Penalty

Can anyone tell me whether the 2,000 Baht fine for not reporting 90-day is the penalty PER DAY or just one lump sum for whatever period one has not reported? Also, will this non-performance affect any future immigration procedures such as annual 1-year visa extension, application for certificate of residence, etc. What about one reports again and must he pay the fine before he can do so? Thanks.

Lump sum independent of the period you didn't report. Be aware though that's for if you 'hand over' yourself. If police catches you, you will be brought in front of a court and the fine is most likely 5000 baht.

It shouldn't affect any process after you paid the fine. Several years ago I didn't report twice. Paid the 2000 baht fine, made my report and immediately after that applied for a reentry.

i didn't understand your last question.

Google '90 day reporting fail' ... The first link has the official information which doesn't talk about multiple failures.

Edited by sniffdog
  • Like 1

• 2,000 baht is the standard fine charged regardless of how many days late you report. Although if multiple 90 day reports were missed it might be higher. The maximum is 5,000 baht.
  • It should have no affect on future extensions of stay.
  • If a report is made late, and the person doesn't pay the fine at the time they report, I believe immigration can charge 200 baht per day until the fine is paid.