Definitive List Of Friendly 60 Day Tourist Visa Issuing Regional Countries?

Definitive list of friendly 60 day tourist visa issuing regional countries?

Does such a list exist on this web site? Apologies but I cannot find one – but if there is please refer me to a link.

I will be using up an existing 60+30 day tourist visa soon and will need to re-apply for another in a neighboring country. I am reading threads that even these kind of visas are being turned down in places like Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines. Is there a definitive set of rules on this so we know before we go to the trouble of trying to apply for one?

For the record I am a UK national, < 50 yo, working about 5 months a year in the O&G business elsewhere and trying to spend the remaining 7 months on holiday in Thailand. I have been doing this since the early 1980’s.

Edited by Digitalbanana

Does such a list exist on this web site? Apologies but I cannot find one – but if there is please refer me to a link.

I will be using up an existing 60+30 day tourist visa soon and will need to re-apply for another in a neighboring country. I am reading threads that even these kind of visas are being turned down in places like Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines. Is there a definitive set of rules on this so we know before we go to the trouble of trying to apply for one?

I don't think there is a list but this would be a good thread for people to chime in "personal" recent tourist visa applications. Hopefully it can stay on topic and be a valuable thread for others to read.

Malaysia's 3 consulates appear to be easy single entry TV's locations. I would be interested in Vietnam, Brunei and Indonesia because I would like to visit there

A format like this would be helpful. This is my most recent VISA run.

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Oct 25th single entry tourist visa

some weeks ago i posted something to that affect. search on my nick.

my first comment would be to try in your working country. i think this best - assuredly you are working AND you are on holiday.

second, if you go to a third country, why not spend time there (like phils), at that point you might only need a single.

finally, new tousirt cards do not allow you to NOT use a visa and take a thirty day stamp but you might tray it and say to immigration you are going to burma/lao after you buy a ticket and returning to thailand. that will give you 30+60+ext (if possible) on a single.

i have heard that visas in sanur (bali) are ok but that was years ago. surely there is no deluge of applicants.

the only constant is penang. after that it is a total crap shoot save for your home country.

ultimately, you should go home every yr an dget your visa BUT....since it appears that even this is no longer respected (only singles/double T are being reported), better to just stay in asia, travel about and take your chances.

some weeks ago i posted something to that affect. search on my nick.

my first comment would be to try in your working country. i think this best - assuredly you are working AND you are on holiday.

second, if you go to a third country, why not spend time there (like phils), at that point you might only need a single.

finally, new tousirt cards do not allow you to NOT use a visa and take a thirty day stamp but you might tray it and say to immigration you are going to burma/lao after you buy a ticket and returning to thailand. that will give you 30+60+ext (if possible) on a single.

i have heard that visas in sanur (bali) are ok but that was years ago. surely there is no deluge of applicants.

Forget the very thought of getting a tourist visa at the Thai Embassy in the Philippines.

As far as I understand the situation, it's just a pain in the a** trying to get a tourist visa. 3 months within 6 months are granted. If you're not able to obtain a different kind of visa than a tourist or VOA, you are &lt;deleted&gt;**ed! The party is over...

I am in a similar situation to first post. With a current 60 day tourist Visa due to expire in December. I had planned to make to trip to Vientiane for the issue of a new 60 day but those anyone have any other suggestions.

A mate of mine recentley was refused a 60 day Thai Visa in the Phillipines and is in limbo.

and yes it would save a lot of hassle to have all this information on one post.

regards

A pity this kind of information cannot be posted along with other similar types of visa info on main web page instead of having to search through a gazillion out of date threads...

There are a couple of factors affecting such a list.

First is things are changing and might see more changes in the coming months so its not a stationary target and a number of pessimistic folks are posting speculative garbage about the end of the world for tourist visas. At this point what happens in January and beyond is pure conjecture.

Hopefully people will post recent experiences and not hoard this valuable information.

At the moment just cross off

Manila philipines

Yangoon, Myanmar

PP, cambodia ( although there is some hope for this destination its been bleak in the past)

Other than that its a good bet you can get a single entry TV from the remaining consulates at least every year or so.

Your choices are

Kota Bharu Malaysia

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Penang, Malaysia

Bandar Seri Begawan Brunei

Hanoi Vietnam

HCMC Vietnam

Ventiane Laos

Savannakhet, Laos

Kumming China

Chengdu China

Hong Kong

Singapore

Jakarta, Indonesia

Katmandu, Nepal

Colombo, Sri Lanka

New Delhi India

Dhaka Bangladesh

Here is the full list

http://www.thaiembassy.org/

If you want to spend a lot of time in Thailand as a tourist then act like one and go on 4+ cool trips a year and see the world. They have a new airport and I doubt the really want to discourage its use.

Does anyone know why the Thai embassy in Manila is so tourist-visa unfriendly?

Surely their duty is to issue tourist visas for bona fide tourists?

If they knock back someone with no proof of holiday funds or someone with 23 back to back Cambodia 30 day visa runs, then fair enough, but what about the genuine gap-year student who is going back-packing in Asia?

Does anyone know why the Thai embassy in Manila is so tourist-visa unfriendly?

Surely their duty is to issue tourist visas for bona fide tourists?

I think they are paranoid that any young lady (Filipino) wanting to visit Thailand is going to stay there and work. There's been a major campaign in the Philippines recently to stop "people-trafficking".

I'm not sure if there is a problem for single men to obtain tourist visas for Thailand from the Manila Embassy, but if you are looking to get one for you Filipino girlfriend, it's tough.

There is a another possibility. There is a Royal Thai Consulate in Cebu:

Thai consulate in Cebu City

I'll be exploring this possibility in February. I've been told "no problem" by a person that has contacts at that consulate. We'll see.

There are 2 visa run services that I know of getting TV's out of Savannakhet (Laos). One in Bangkok and one in Pattaya. So far they've been getting them without any stamps such as "don't come back", "maybe next time we won't give you one" etc. This might be a good alternative for people needing TV's in January when Penang will more than likely be overrun with applicants.

Alittle off topic, but anyone still wanting the valuable 1 year non immigrant O visa, I highly reccomend Singapore. Not may countries issue 1 year anymore around this region, and unlesss you want to fly to Oz or the UK, Singapore and KL are your 2 choices.

Also if you apply for a non O in Singapore and it gets refused, you will get a tourist visa. So maybe it could be an idea to think of a long shot reason to apply for a 1 year Non O ( such as family or freinds living here ) and try, that way if you get refused you will be issued a tourist visa without question. The staff there are very helpfull, unlike staff in other palces................

Since I've just come back from Penang maybe I can contribute something. And a word of warning! Here's the story....

At the end of Oct I went to Penang intending to get the usual non-immi b, but was refused due to some minor paperwork error. Instead they gave me a single entry tourist visa. Now that should give 2 months + 1. I was a bit dozy at the Sadao crossing and didn't pay much attention, but a little later I saw I'd only been given 30 days. Actually it wasn't a problem because my employer soon sorted out the papers and back I went last week, but I was curious and asked at the Parvez Bookstore (Chulia St., who handled it for me). They pointed out that the tourist visa hadn't been stamped USED, and I'd just been given the 30-say VOA.

Now I might have assumed a mistake, except that on the way back 2 passengers on the minivan, with tourist visas, were given exactly the same treatment at Sadao! So are they up to something, trying to deny the 2m+1m tourist visa, so as to catch out farang more quickly with the "3 strikes & you're out" rule? I wonder?

I don't want to be alarmist about this, it may just be a local problem at Sadao. So here's the bottom line...

It's no problem at all to get a tourist or non-immi b at Penang (paperwork permitting). Parvez and NJ seem to be ok. They stick RM20 on top.

When you re-enter make darn sure they USE the visa and give you the right entry stamp. I don't believe it was a mistake. As anyone can imagine, I was dead careful over my non-immi b!

As I said it may just be a local problem at Sadao, but forewarned is forearmed.

Did you entered the visa number on the TM card?

It's a good idea to *ALWAYS* check the stamp validity date directly when you get the passport back from the immigration officer...

Yes I did enter the visa number on the card.

Yes you're absolutely right! But as I said I was a bit dozy.......

There are many nationalities that only receive a 30 day entry on a tourist visa now so suspect that may have been the reason for those you traveled with. They do have the option to extend for 30 days two times.

These two were American. Also they both had a "3-month" tourist visa from the Penang consulate, which should have been honoured, surely?

One of them went into the office and raised hel_l about it, and after great reluctance they USED the Penang visa and changed the dates. That's how I knew about it. Not sure what the other one did!

On your last point, I thought the point of the 30-day VOA is that it can't be extended in-country.

I did not say anything about VOA (visa on arrival) but I did say that there are now a number of countries that obtain 30 day visa entry when using a Consular issued tourist visa.

VOA is for 15 days for the countries allowed this.

The 30 day entry without visa which some 40 countries can obtain is not a visa entry.

Johnrh,

Are you from one of these countries...

1. Bhutan : Kingdom of Bhutan

2. China : People’s Republic of China (including Taiwan)

3. Cyprus : Republic of Cyprus

4. Czech : Czech Republic

5. Estonia : Republic of Estonia

6. Hungary : Republic of Hungary

7. India : Republic of India

8. Kazakhstan : Republic of Kazakhstan

9. Latvia : Republic of Latvia

10. Liechtenstein : Principality of Liechtenstein

11. Lithuania : Republic of Lithuania

12. Maldives : Republic of Maldives

13. Mauritius : Republic of Mauritius

14. Oman : Sultanate of Oman

15. Poland : Republic of Poland

16. Russian Federation

17. Saudi Arabia : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

18. Slovakia : Slovak Republic

19. Slovenia : Republic of Slovenia

20. Ukraine

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

For the record I am a UK national, < 50 yo, working about 5 months a year in the O&G business elsewhere and trying to spend the remaining 7 months on holiday in Thailand. I have been doing this since the early 1980’s.

Hi i just get back to Chiangmai today with my fresh Thai tourist Visa.

I'm Indonesian but living in Chiangmai for the last 3 years with my husband,he is German.So we both tourist and yes we use 30 days stamp even i have set up Thai Company and still paying tax over 12000 bath /year( Long story).But because he is working off shore then i have to do visa run more often than him.

I can say that Thai Consulate in the city where i come is really friendly.It cost me 25 US $.I guess same to everybody else.

If there's no other option for you where to apply maybe theres nothing to loose to get it there.

If you are in BKK or Chiangmai it would be easy to fly to Kuala Lumpur by AirAsia...then get next flight to Medan(North Sumatra)...but unfortunately you must also get visa on arrival at the airport which i think 20 US $. Well while you wait for your Thai Tourist visa ready you can do couple days travelling there.Not in the city...of course.Maybe visit the Batak Village( Samosir Island on the Lake Toba) One of biggest lake in South East Asia, or up to the jungle to see Orang Utan maybe.Or just hang out,many hotels and restaurant as well.

Then you don't have to fly to Jakarta...

I hope it helps.

For what it's worth, I just came back from a visa trip to Sydney. (I'm from the UK.) I got a double entry tourist visa seemingly without any problem. I was a bit worried - I had about eight back-to-back 60 day TVs from Singapore in my passport, along with a liberal sprinkling of 30 visas on arrival, but they didn't give me a hard time. Hope this helps.

Did you entered the visa number on the TM card?

It's a good idea to *ALWAYS* check the stamp validity date directly when you get the passport back from the immigration officer...

I arrived a few days ago from Phonm Penh with my GF. We have 2 and 3-entry TVs. I made sure we both had the arrival card bookmarking the TV page and of course that the TV number was indicated on the arrival card.

It's not difficult at the new airport to see the date on the stamp as they are stamping. It is much better to catch it as it's happening....and as it happened, both our passports were stamped correctly with 60 days.

I watched very closely as the Immigration official perused our passports. They were only interested in the TV page and how many times we had already used it, which of course is marked with a number and date upon each arrival. You could have a hundred other arrival stamps in your passport and they would not have been concerned as long as you have a visa.

Edited by tropo

Alittle off topic, but anyone still wanting the valuable 1 year non immigrant O visa, I highly reccomend Singapore. Not may countries issue 1 year anymore around this region, and unlesss you want to fly to Oz or the UK, Singapore and KL are your 2 choices.

Also if you apply for a non O in Singapore and it gets refused, you will get a tourist visa. So maybe it could be an idea to think of a long shot reason to apply for a 1 year Non O ( such as family or freinds living here ) and try, that way if you get refused you will be issued a tourist visa without question. The staff there are very helpfull, unlike staff in other palces................

Quite easy to get them out of Beijing, also.

Johnrh,

Are you from one of these countries...

1. Bhutan : Kingdom of Bhutan

2. China : People’s Republic of China (including Taiwan)

3. Cyprus : Republic of Cyprus

4. Czech : Czech Republic

5. Estonia : Republic of Estonia

6. Hungary : Republic of Hungary

7. India : Republic of India

8. Kazakhstan : Republic of Kazakhstan

9. Latvia : Republic of Latvia

10. Liechtenstein : Principality of Liechtenstein

11. Lithuania : Republic of Lithuania

12. Maldives : Republic of Maldives

13. Mauritius : Republic of Mauritius

14. Oman : Sultanate of Oman