Honda Civic 1.8EL 2016

andy182

Hi Guys,

I went to the motor sale in Bangkok the other day and ended up booking a reservation for the 2016 Honda Civic 1.8EL. I heard a few rumours about lights popping up on the dashboard for no reason and engine over heating but ignored them until the last couple of days as my mrs has read countless forums and reviews about the problems/failures that the new civic is currently having.

Now i'm in two minds whether or not to bin it and go for the Mazda 3 or just take the chance and hope i'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't get any problems with the Civic. It's not a cheap gamble either. I don't know a great deal about cars so any information on it would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone own a new 2016 Civic or know anyone that does, that has had any sort of problem with it?

5 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Mazda is the superior car. Honda is so boring.

What a load of Tosh. They both have their Merits. A 200Kph 1.8 Civic aint boring,neither is the Mazda 3 on bendy mountain roads. But in any City, or Beach Road traffic etc any rides boring. Even a Pickup or Fortuna is fun on loose tracks. And You drive what.?.

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought a Civic 1.8 EL five months ago. No problems at all, really like this car (sorry, somewhat late, just seen this post). Compared it also to the Mazda, but chose the Honda. You can go for E85 at the gas station what makes quiet some difference.

I own a Honda Civic  RS Turbo. Took delivery on 24. August. One week later aircon not working, display flickering, double images on display, colors gone. Sensor warning lights coming on from all the sensors. First dealership just rebooted the system which solved the problem for one day.Went to another dealership, they tried to fix the problem for one hour with no results then said will have someone from Honda Thailand to come and check.

Upon calling Honda Thailand it was confirmed that they know about this problem and everything will be replaced, means a new aircon compressor and new display on a 2 weeks old car. If checking youtube you will see that Honda is still not able to fix the software issues.

Will have them fix it and if I get any more problems will go with my lawyer and Consumer protection board of thailand and ask for a Refund!

As good as the car looks, STAY AWAY!!!

28 minutes ago, cronus said:

I own a Honda Civic  RS Turbo. Took delivery on 24. August. One week later aircon not working, display flickering, double images on display, colors gone. Sensor warning lights coming on from all the sensors. First dealership just rebooted the system which solved the problem for one day.Went to another dealership, they tried to fix the problem for one hour with no results then said will have someone from Honda Thailand to come and check.

Upon calling Honda Thailand it was confirmed that they know about this problem and everything will be replaced, means a new aircon compressor and new display on a 2 weeks old car. If checking youtube you will see that Honda is still not able to fix the software issues.

Will have them fix it and if I get any more problems will go with my lawyer and Consumer protection board of thailand and ask for a Refund!

As good as the car looks, STAY AWAY!!!

That's unfortunate. I hope it gets sorted soon. It's another reason to wait for the minor model change....new models often have lots of bugs to iron out. 

8 hours ago, swissbie said:

Cronus, sorry to here (and see) that, but as said, i didn't have even the slightest problem with mine in five months and hope it will stay so for many years to go.

That sounds promising....

But Honda Thailand is well aware of the display problems, sensor error messages and aircon compressor faults which shows that this is not a single case... Even the dealership knew about the aircon compressor faults, but was not aware about the display problems and sensor error messages which shows a lack of communication from Honda Thailand to their dealerships and tech personnel...

• 3 weeks later...

Car was at dealership two weeks ago and they replaced Display and Compressor and checked entire car and did a long (170km) test ride. Everything is ok since then, even fuel economy went up to around 12.5-13km/l (7.7-8.0l/100km).

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2017 at 2:35 PM, JaseTheBass said:

I'll let my mum know.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

The US civics have some nice / unusual colours (e.g. sonic grey pearl) but we don't get many of them here. Ralleye red is at least as old as the 7th gen civic.

Edited by DavisH