High level English classes in Chiang Mai?

user555

Hi, I know it might sound strange. My English is quite good, but far from native. I would really like to improve my English, and wondered if it is possible to do so here in Chiang Mai. 

Does any English Teacher know of any option? Perhaps in one of the universities? 

Thanks in advance. 

Don't waste your time, or money. You do not need to speak, like a a native speaker, in order to speak clear, discernible English.

If fact, one of the best learning platforms is simply "practicing" your current level of English pronunciation with other people, who have also learned English as a second, or even a third language.

As an American, I actually built my own English vocabulary base by speaking with work colleagues, whom had learned English, as a second language, many years ago. So, don't be afraid to speak the English that you currently know, even to so-called native speakers. They could, in-turn, also learn some English from you, as well. Ok?

Coffee shop gatherings are really the best classroom venues available, and only for the price of a cup of coffee. Try it. You may like! Best wishes, and cheers!:coffee1:

Edited by NativeSon360

I agree with Jopha except about the dictionary.  Read some of the classics.  Your vocabulary will go through the roof, then start to do some literary analysis on ones you really like.  Join lit groups and chat with your peers about the texts.  I'm English and stopped studying English language at 14- it was all literature after that.  Good luck.

I purposely stated my question as I did, because I wanted to hear different opinions.

However there is another factor to take into account. I want to stay in Chiang Mai for the coming year and need a visa solution. I thought since I need a visa solution, and I want to improve my English, why not solve two problems together - Study English in some school, and apply for Education Visa. 

13 hours ago, user555 said:

I purposely stated my question as I did, because I wanted to hear different opinions.

However there is another factor to take into account. I want to stay in Chiang Mai for the coming year and need a visa solution. I thought since I need a visa solution, and I want to improve my English, why not solve two problems together - Study English in some school, and apply for Education Visa. 

In that case, perhaps the AUA would have what you're looking for. 

http://www.auathailand.org/chiangmai/