Thailand’s tallest building officially inaugurated

webfact

Thailand’s tallest building officially inaugurated

IMGP4674-wpcf_622x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s tallest building, the MahaNakhon, was officially launched Monday night in glittering style with light and sound shows.

The 77-storey building stands 314 metres tall on the Narathiwas Rajanagarindra road in the middle of Sathorn area, outstripping the Baiyoke II Tower in Pratunam area which kept the record for being the country’s tallest building for about two decades.

The 18 billion baht project was developed by Pace Development Corp.

Chief executive officer of the company, Mr Sorapoj Techakraisri, said the high-end mixed use property is consisted of residences, hotel services and a panoramic viewpoint on its 77th floor with the “Sky Tray” glass floor.

The residential, hotel and viewpoint services are due to be opened next year. Residential units start from 62 million baht up to about 300 million baht.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailands-tallest-building-officially-inaugurated/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-30

43 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Will just become another dirty looking blackened building in need of an urgent wash and paint.  Every building turns black in Thailand and I don't think a single one has any sort of maintenance done.

My wife and I were watching the Tour de France last month, and she was perplexed at how the buildings in France were much older yet much cleaner and in much better condition than those in Bangkok. I made some excuse about the constant humidity affecting the concrete and paint, but she was having none of it - "Thai people are lazy and don't take care." (The conversation moved on to them not being lazy per se, but too busy eeking out a meagre existence while the rich and influential accumulate all the national wealth, but that is off topic for this thread...)

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Will just become another dirty looking blackened building in need of an urgent wash and paint.  Every building turns black in Thailand and I don't think a single one has any sort of maintenance done.

It won't matter, the building is 90% black glass anyway. 

2 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

Oranges look yellow due to the light at the top of the league tree  :gigglem:

Ouch  !     Sticks and stones plus league titles don't hurt me.     I'm now in a corner in the fetal position position sucking my thumb.

No Surrender  ! 

It looks like a building that has been severely damaged in a Godzilla or a war movie. I would describe it as UGLY.

Those high intensity lights must be really annoying to people living in line of sight of this architectural embarrassment.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

I imagine that these will only be bought by foreigners because, as Thais like to remind us, all Thais are poor. But on a more serious note yes, as others have said, why would you hand over that kind of money to live in Bangkok?

Not likely, plenty of well cashed up Thais willing to pay a couple of million dollars for a fancy address.

on Bangkok's sprawl, when it is visible anyway.But, agree, why pay that kind of dough to look down  on Bangkok's sprawl, when it is visible anyway.

4 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Not likely, plenty of well cashed up Thais willing to pay a couple of million dollars for a fancy address.

on Bangkok's sprawl, when it is visible anyway.But, agree, why pay that kind of dough to look down  on Bangkok's sprawl, when it is visible anyway.

There are many very rich Indian people who have the money, and probably find Bangkok preferable to Mumbai or Calcutta.

Also people whose hometown is Riyadh, or similar places.

Edited by Andrew65