Thais (gals) who come to your place uninvited.

peeba7

Nobody ever comes to my place unannounced. When I lived in NY, it was part of the culture. You would just be walking around town, and you could knock on a friends door. But here? Never. Announce your arrival in advance please. 

There is a percentage of the male population that just allows life to happen to them. If it works for them, power to them. But, for most of us, we prefer a bit more control over our lives, and prefer to deliberately limit the amount of chaos we have to deal with. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nobody ever comes to my place unannounced. When I lived in NY, it was part of the culture. You would just be walking around town, and you could knock on a friends door.

Did you live-in jerry seinfelds building?

18 hours ago, Scotwight said:

It is called a crash pad.  I keep one in CM and a home in Pattaya.  I don't like travel with suitcases.  Rents are so cheap here that 2 or 3 homes are SOP for the mature man about town. 

Why leave it here only? I maintain two places in Thailand, one in Vietnam, and one in the PI--have to have some reason to pay for the multiple-re-entry.

Unannounced visits from Thai girls??

Nope, not any more. Security at my condo takes care of that nonsense.

That said, I used to have this problem when I first moved here because I lived in an apartment at the top of a 4 storey building in Sukhumvit soi 20 - no security.

I would be out partying regularly until 6am at the Tunnel in Langsuan and would often have an after party with a few of the more diehard party girls until midday or beyond.

Didn't take long for that to get old so I stopped having them but for a while after, some of the girls would just turn up and ring the downstairs bell trying to get in hoping to have a last drink or other stimulant they brought with them 

Unfortunately, if someone was on the way out of the building, they'd get in and come up to my apartment door trying to wake me up.

Crazy days but great fun

Tell them you have a lady--wife or gf--and that you are simply borrowing a friend's place to take them. You'd be surprised how many will accept gik-status, even if they only receive cao tom in the morning. Of course, if it's just money, tell them they get no money coming uninvited.

4 hours ago, HLover said:

Very true.
Just arriving unannounced is extremely rude and the 'gals' that do are probably looking for drama or more likely have zero respect for the dweller.

Not entirely convinced - or at least I hope you're wrong about arriving unannounced being extremely rude in Thai culture and denoting zero respect.

One of my dogs managed to get through the patio 'grille' when panicked by the New Year fireworks, and was rescued by a couple of '24 hour' shop employees a distance away.  Fortunately, my dog had my 'phone number on her collar - and so they 'phoned me.  The next day I took them chocolates as a 'thank you'.

A few days later, one of the women who had rescued my dog turned up enexpectedly at my house.  Perhaps she was taking my gift as a possible indicator of a mug that could be easily tapped for money in the future - but I doubt it.

Thais are generally very sociable, and it doesn't cross their mind that some Westerners aren't keen on unannounced visitors.

Not entirely convinced - or at least I hope you're wrong about arriving unannounced being extremely rude in Thai culture and denoting zero respect.

One of my dogs managed to get through the patio 'grille' when panicked by the New Year fireworks, and was rescued by a couple of '24 hour' shop employees a distance away.  Fortunately, my dog had my 'phone number on her collar - and so they 'phoned me.  The next day I took them chocolates as a 'thank you'.

A few days later, one of the women who had rescued my dog turned up enexpectedly at my house.  Perhaps she was taking my gift as a possible indicator of a mug that could be easily tapped for money in the future - but I doubt it.

Thais are generally very sociable, and it doesn't cross their mind that some Westerners aren't keen on unannounced visitors.

Your situation seems quite different than the OP.
Unless she showed up unannounced and called your phone over 20 times.

5 hours ago, HLover said:

Very true.
Just arriving unannounced is extremely rude and the 'gals' that do are probably looking for drama or more likely have zero respect for the dweller.

It's perfectly normal for Thais to show up unannounced. Family and friends of my wife do it all the time. Announcing you are coming would involve forward planning and Thais are not too good at that.

10 minutes ago, HLover said:

Your situation seems quite different than the OP.
Unless she showed up unannounced and called your phone over 20 times.

Yes, my situation is different.

Even so, I was addressing the poster that said it was rude and showed zero respect (in Thai culture) to turn up unannounced - as I doubt this and think its normal in Thai culture.

32 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

So many expert on Thai ladies on here most claim to have never been with a sex worker so there coments and in depth analysis of said women does not hold a fart in the wind, as all the little comments are obviously made up or third hand.

Deepinthailand

Maybe you should venture out of the jungle now and then and look whats around you-it may even put a smile on your face,go on give it a go     :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Scotwight said:

It is called a crash pad.  I keep one in CM and a home in Pattaya.  I don't like travel with suitcases.  Rents are so cheap here that 2 or 3 homes are SOP for the mature man about town. 

All that travel back and forth must tire you out. I guess you could rest a couple days before performing. To much travel for me at my age. Way to go Romeo. 

35 minutes ago, petermik said:

Deepinthailand

Maybe you should venture out of the jungle now and then and look whats around you-it may even put a smile on your face,go on give it a go     :thumbsup:

Why surley the posters on here can tell me everything I need to know! !!!

Good book tittle Thailand according to Thai Visa posters.  Then again maybe not no one would ever come to the land of Mr grumpies ???

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Did you live-in jerry seinfelds building?

Funny man. No, just had alot of friends nearby, and it was considered perfectly acceptable to just knock on someone's door, and say hey. Not so in LA. Not so here, from my point of view. NY is just a spontaneous kind of culture. A unique place, on alot of levels. From my point of view, the center of the universe. Culturally, most definitely. 

2 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Chiang Mai is full of short time hotels, do none of you know how to use them?

Perhaps you could tell us where they all are. Sorry, I forgot - that would mean you'd have to back up your generalisation with facts.

Drive up from Santhitham road to the superhighway, 2 big ones either side of the road.

Drive past Tesco superhighway, past the turn off to the moat, next soi along to the end BisLand is another.

Behind Wat Jet Yot 5 in a row, Movement, Love Boat, China Chic and a couple of others.

Loi Kroh road, soi 3, 100m along Montha hotel, ground floor is ST rooms.

MoonMuang Soi 2, drive past it, left into an alley with the smoothie shop, end of alley.

Road to Lampung with rubber trees, under superhighway on right, Adventure Hotel, looks legit but isn't.

Is that enough yet?

(Pal of mine is an NGO dealing with prostitution in CM)

2 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

Drive up from Santhitham road to the superhighway, 2 big ones either side of the road.

Drive past Tesco superhighway, past the turn off to the moat, next soi along to the end BisLand is another.

Behind Wat Jet Yot 5 in a row, Movement, Love Boat, China Chic and a couple of others.

Loi Kroh road, soi after the Boxing ring on the right, 200m along big new posh hotel, ground floor is ST rooms.

MoonMuang Soi 2, drive past it, left into an alley with the smoothie shop, end of alley.

Road to Lampung with rubber trees, under superhighway on right, Adventure Hotel, looks legit but isn't.

Is that enough yet?

More than enough, I'm impressed by your dedication. Perhaps you'd like to post a review after you've tried them out.:gigglem:

17 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

Loi Kroh road, soi 3, 100m along Montha hotel, ground floor is ST rooms.

Is that enough yet?

(Pal of mine is an NGO dealing with prostitution in CM)

And how is he or she dealing with it? Haven't heard of too many NGO's ( except Medecins Sans Frontieres ) who are effective at anything, apart from hoovering up money.

13 hours ago, Quack said:

What a ridiculous, naive comment. I've had plenty of "respectable" Thai girls come to my room alone, some who got their kit off and some who did not. The notion that "good Thai girls don't have sex" is totally absurd, they like it as much as anyone. Or maybe you're just really ugly?

Oh dear, another sucker who can't tell the difference between a 'respectable lass' or a hooker.....or another ramapant fantasist.....

Of course respectable Thai lasses have sex but usually with some firm bodied, well monied, young Thai bloke, not some fat, bald, sexpat scraping by on a meagre pension or paltry TEFL 'wage'.  

Archived