Air Asia

roego

Just want to let any visitors , coming to Malaysia or Thailand, and using Air Asia, BE PREAPARED TO WAIT.

According to their own figures for October they were 82% on time That on tin\me allows probably within 30 mini\utes.

IT ALSO MEANS THAT 1 IN EVERY 5 FLIGHTS IS MORE THAN A HALF HOUR LATE

Of course that does not take into account what they call rescheduling.

Recently a friend arrived at the gate in Kuala Lumpur 30 minutes before the flight and they would not allow her to check in, yet the flight had not boarded. But even worse the flight left a half hour late and they would still not let her on or give her money back.

I just made 3 section flights with Air Asia..first on time..I then flew Kuala Lumpur -Bangkok. I booked the later flight allowing four hours because of their record. this also meant i was there well before an earlier flight. I asked, there was seats available. if I could get on the earlier. The answer no.

my flight had not even appeared on the tarmac by departure time. It did arrive aand left more than 30mins late. The pilot announced on board we were waiting to be refueled and for some mor passengers. Must have been VIP . 1 rule for some 1 for another.

Then the Bangkok Udon Thani flight which had been recheduled 2 days before 1 and half hours later left a further 1 hour late.No announcements at all.Herded on to bus out to plane and had to wait another 20 mins on the bus. Complimentary glass of water no u thirsty u pay.

So if you want to treated like a piece of rubbish fly Air Asia

Just want to let any visitors , coming to Malaysia or Thailand, and using Air Asia, BE PREAPARED TO WAIT.

According to their own figures for October they were 82% on time That on tin\me allows probably within 30 mini\utes.

IT ALSO MEANS THAT 1 IN EVERY 5 FLIGHTS IS MORE THAN A HALF HOUR LATE

Of course that does not take into account what they call rescheduling.

Recently a friend arrived at the gate in Kuala Lumpur 30 minutes before the flight and they would not allow her to check in, yet the flight had not boarded. But even worse the flight left a half hour late and they would still not let her on or give her money back.

I just made 3 section flights with Air Asia..first on time..I then flew Kuala Lumpur -Bangkok. I booked the later flight allowing four hours because of their record. this also meant i was there well before an earlier flight. I asked, there was seats available. if I could get on the earlier. The answer no.

my flight had not even appeared on the tarmac by departure time. It did arrive aand left more than 30mins late. The pilot announced on board we were waiting to be refueled and for some mor passengers. Must have been VIP . 1 rule for some 1 for another.

Then the Bangkok Udon Thani flight which had been recheduled 2 days before 1 and half hours later left a further 1 hour late.No announcements at all.Herded on to bus out to plane and had to wait another 20 mins on the bus. Complimentary glass of water no u thirsty u pay.

So if you want to treated like a piece of rubbish fly Air Asia

You get what you pay fpr and considering they are about $150 cheaper than anyone flying to Hanoi they,ll do me ta very much!

AirAsia are fine by me also.

Far as i can see the OP has only 2 genuine complaints they are that 1 flight was 30 mins late in taking off and another an hour............this allowing for the fact that the OP's watch might of been a little biased.

As for checking in 30 mins before it does say check in closes 45mins before departure on the ticket so best to make sure you arrive 45 mins before i would say.

They said no to putting you on an earlier flight............could well be that they were fully booked genuinely.

As for the water, yet again it says when you purchase your ticket all food and beverage must be paid for..........it also states that no food/drink to be taken on board, but in my experience the crew turn a blind eye to this.

In my opinion if a flight is up to and hour late and you have no connecting flight then for the price its acceptable.............certainly 30 mins is no hardship.

One more point you state that you gave yourself 4 hours for the connecting flight because you knew of their reputation for lateness, well surely at the point when you made the booking you had the choice of flying with another carrier or as you did accept the possibility of a late take off.............you can hardly then complain when the flights were 30 mins and an hour late can you?

Welcome to ThaiVisa by the way.... :o

This has been my complaint about Air Asia also.

I went from BKK to Phuket and the flight was delayed 2 1/2 hours, from the scheduled departure time. The extra waiting time I had to pay for the driver to wait at Phuket airport was nearly the cost of the ticket.

Coming back was better, the flight was only delayed 50 minutes. I don't know what the problem with the airline is and why they have so much difficulty with the schedule. I am assuming that as they are a new(ish) airline they have operating procedures to sort out.

I truly hope that the rather lax attitude to schedules is not reflected in their maintenance.

Once on the aircraft, they seem nice inside and certainly comfortable for the price being paid. The staff are also polite.

I’ve flown with them once and that was enough. I had booked without knowing their reputation for being late. My reason for booking was their flight arrived an hour earlier than the Thai flight at my destination. I now know better.

My flight departed just over 2 hours later than scheduled and the landing was the worst I’ve experienced in a long time.

My general impression is the airline was bordering on what I’d class as a cowboy outfit. If maintenance is the same standard as the ground staffs attitude it brings into question the safety aspect as well.

For me, my personal safety and arriving on time are more important than saving a few Baht.

I've flown with them numerous times and have recomended friends to use them. In my experience they are late/delayed more often than not. The staff seem friendly enough, i have no issues with the staff, just their schedules.

I've had one rough flight with them, lots of turbulence and a real real bumpy landing, but it was one of their older planes.

Would i use them again? Yes, as long as it didn't matter if i was an hour or two later than the scheduled landing time (i.e. wouldn't use them for a business meeting or anything time critical)

I've flown with them numerous times and have recomended friends to use them. In my experience they are late/delayed more often than not. The staff seem friendly enough, i have no issues with the staff, just their schedules.

I've had one rough flight with them, lots of turbulence and a real real bumpy landing, but it was one of their older planes.

Would i use them again? Yes, as long as it didn't matter if i was an hour or two later than the scheduled landing time (i.e. wouldn't use them for a business meeting or anything time critical)

Twice, I flew Air Asia from BKK to CNX instead of flying by THAI, simply to save money. I expected nothing but an airplane flight, whenever they got around to it, and that's all I got. At least they weren't half as bad as Ryan Air. One time we were booked on THAI (always economy class) and they phoned ahead to tell us the flight was delayed an hour. That was in time for me to call my driver to pick me up later. I wouldn't expect that service from a bare-bones budget airline like Air Asia. And I like the free food on THAI.

When I have connecting flights, I leave lots of time between them.

I flew to Singapore a few weeks ago (loved the sardine can bus ride to the plane :D ) , the flight was late more than 30 minutes and the Staff blamed the delay on "new" security screening measures. How long they going to give that excuse? :D Also brilliant idea "NOT" of Xray arriving into Singapore soon as you get off the plane what a ridiculous system, passengers doing the return leg couldn't even get into gate area until all passengers were screened. Nice one Airasia. I flew home Jetstar No bus :D , No delay :D . New Planes :o . Seat allocation :D . No mad rush onto the plane :D . Pilot that actually talks to passengers. No more airasia for me. :D

EVERY AirAsia flight I remember taking (approx. 40, I'd guess), has been late, but it's always been manageable, say 30 to 60 minutes. At least it's predictable!

I fly approx. every friday to Hat Yai and sunday back to BKK on the last Air Asia flight (19:10). i have arround 38 round trips this year with over 87 hours delay (i stoped counting). That means more then 3 days hanging around in the airport. I could take Nok Air with only 1000 THB more per round trip... But 40 roundtrips per year that means 40,000 THB more charges per year.

most of the time the delay is predictable, EXEPT last sunday 19 November the last flight back to BKK at 21:00 which started at 20:45!!!!!!!!!!

For the used customers who are coming right on time to get the plane at 9pm (usually this flight is delayed to 10:30 pm.... I don't know what to say...

When there is a delay over 2 hours, Nok Air provides sandwiches... you can not tell me that Air Asia can not do this...

And any airline you take, especially in a country like Thailand which IS a modern country with rules and a BIG INTERNATIONAL (Business) Airport, they should do the best to respect the schedule (I don't mind if it is only a 30 min delay but not a 1h30 min delay every time).

When there is a delay over 2 hours, Nok Air provides sandwiches... you can not tell me that Air Asia can not do this...

A friend of mine was on an Air Asia flight that got delayed by 2 hours, Sandwiches and a Drink were provided.

A friend of mine was on an Air Asia flight that got delayed by 2 hours, Sandwiches and a Drink were provided.

Was that Ruski dude in London recently on a delayed AirAsia flight?

Way, way, way :o but thought they ruled out radiation?

Anyhow, point being the food on AirAsia is the worst airline food I've ever tasted. Tired not to judge the proverbial book by it's cover and had a go, but quickly swore that would be the last time.

Way, way, way :o but thought they ruled out radiation?

Anyhow, point being the food on AirAsia is the worst airline food I've ever tasted. Tired not to judge the proverbial book by it's cover and had a go, but quickly swore that would be the last time.

All Airplane food is cr@p - IMHO

The very best airline food i've tasted is still on par with the local mcDonalds - although i've never flown business/first class before, i'm too cheap to pay extra for flights :D

Used Air Asia for almost all of my Asian flights over the last two years (Hong Kong, Phuket, Singapore, Khon Kaen, BKK, etc.) I get what I pay for. I'm OK with that.

Don't forget the one cardinal rule of flying: Book flights that leave early in the day--those are the least likely to be delayed. Delays start piling up and reach their worst in the mid-to-late evening hours. Air Asia is no exception.

ban airasia!!!how many aeroplane they have??

for jetstarasia,they have 4 airplane,tigers 6 airplane...

What are you incoherantly ranting about? :o

AirAsia Needs More Aircraft

November 10, 2006 21:57 PM

SINGAPORE, Nov 10 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd needs more planes for its expansion plan, said its group chief executive officer, Datuk Tony Fernandes.

As such, it is currently in discussion with Airbus to fast track its A320 Airbus delivery.

The low cost carrier has 100 confirmed orders and 30 options from Airbus.

It has received a total of 12 aircraft from Airbus so far. In total AirAsia has 50 planes in operation.

Full Story

So true, they do love there bumpy landings, wakes me up anyway! :D

Flew with them a lot, never had a delay yet, well maybe by ten minutes or so, price is good, glad to use them. :o

Actually, while on the topic perhaps someone here will know...

I booked a flight with Air Asia through an agent but didn't have my passport with me. I told the guy its not a problem, I remember the number, and I got the ticket booked.

Few days later, I'm in the line to check in and look at my passport, realise I got a new one just recently and gave the booking agent the old passport number by mistake.

So I'm not sure whats going to happen, can I check in or not, surely somethings gonna go beep and they will see that the numbers in their machine and on the passport don't match?

Of course I just keep my mouth shut and hope for the best, and lo and behold I get my boarding pass and all was well. :D

I was a little surprise nothing was said because I thought that airlines/airports were all pretty strict when it comes to this kind of thing especially in recent times.

Was I lucky here? Was this a slip up by Air Asia? Or could I book ten times with a different passport number and still get on the plane?

Edited by bkkmadness

Air Asia don't fly for long enough for you to have to risk eating the food. :o

I 'spose sarnies are an option.

Last time I was flying with them (on the wrong passport number ) I watched the air stewardesses wheel down the 'I flew with Air Asia' souvenirs trolley, they looked embarrassed to be trying to sell such crap. :D

Edited by bkkmadness

Last time I was flying with them (on the wrong passport number ) I watched the air stewardesses wheel down the 'I flew with Air Asia' souvenirs trolley, they looked embarrassed to be trying to sell such crap. :D

To a villager from rural Chiang Rai on their first ever flight, those are a big deal though. :o

To a villager from rural Chiang Rai on their first ever flight, those are a big deal though. :o

That's a thought, my gfs Grandma would be wanting one. :D

Was I lucky here? Was this a slip up by Air Asia? Or could I book ten times with a different passport number and still get on the plane?

With respect to domestic flights, long ago, I flew AirAisa only a couple times but don't recall them ever asking for my passport number. These days I fly mostly with THAI and pay online with my credit card and am required to show the same credit card at check-in. But I'm never even asked for my passport. At Don Muang, you were required to show your ID before entering the departure gate area, but at Suvarnabhumi there wasn't any such check (at least for me) until a couple weeks ago when they started checking. After a thread a while ago here about using alternate forms of ID, I've tried using my driver's license from back in the US, which is still valid. So far in about 8 times, it's worked every time and only once did the person even examine my drivers license more than just a cursory glance. Many Thais don't even have a passport, so I think AirAsia and all other carriers do not require a passport for domestic travel, only some form of ID. Next time you book a domestic flight with Air Asia, try to give them your drivers license number rather than your passport number and then try to check in also with just that drivers license just to see if it'll work or not.