Air Asia

roego

Used Air Asia roughly half a dozen times, never been late once. Great service and no gripes from me - especially with the price so low. :D

You must be the only 1. :o

Great Service? I think you have lived in Thailand too long, being Thai is easy cause they never complain about anything. :D:D

Used Thai Air Asia from Macau to Bangkok last weekend,flight was delayed 2 hrs and no explanation given and no staff visible until just before they announced a gate change.On the way back same thing,the flight was also 2 hours late and no info for the passengers and definately no water/sandwiches etc.I have also had a Cnx-Bkk flight cancelled on me but only when I checked in at Cnx..........I had a connecting flight to Hkg,ended up in a rush to buy full fare on TG down to Bkk.

So yes it might be cheaper but its not very reliable when it comes to schedule.I also do not like free seating........I flew 12Go last weekend Bkk-Cnx-Bkk and it was on time/assigned seating/coffee and peanuts.

I have friends who use the Malaysian Air Asia and its exactly the same on delays.Seems to be a company policy.

So if time is not a problem and you do not mind wasting your time hanging around the airport then Air Asia is the carrier for you. :o

Used Air Asia roughly half a dozen times, never been late once. Great service and no gripes from me - especially with the price so low. :D

Great Service? I think you have lived in Thailand too long, being Thai is easy cause they never complain about anything. :D:D

Took early flights, prob explains it, but cant grumble when you pay literally nothing!!!

He's not. I've flown approximately seventy-five AirAsia flights since early 2004 and would be willing to bet that less than ten of those were late. The only real advantage I see to flying the full cost carriers is a larger baggage allowance and an allowance that they are often fairly lax about to boot.

When there is a delay over 2 hours, Nok Air provides sandwiches... you can not tell me that Air Asia can not do this...

A friend of mine was on an Air Asia flight that got delayed by 2 hours, Sandwiches and a Drink were provided.

This last friday, 24th Nov Air Asia bkk to Udon left 18.45 iso 16.15, no free sandwiches nor drinks were provided....

AirAsia has agressive aircraft utlilisation targets, which result in short turns at destinations. This is one of the ways LCC's try to make a profit. However many factors affecting turns are out of their control. As the day progresses their schedules suffer. Use them for early departures, or anytime if your schedule allows. If you have to be somewhere on time then use a legacy carrier.

Edited by lomatopo

Just ran into a funny problem with AirAsia's ticketless itinerary.

In the Philippines all Filipinos are required to show that they have a return ticket to the Philippines before they are allowed to either get a boarding pass or pass through Philippine Immigration.

Today, my wife (a Filipina) tried to board a Philippine Airline flight in Manila, and she showed a valid AirAsia itinerary showing her confirmed flight from Bangkok back to the Philippines. AirAsia agents in Clark had twice previously confirmed to her that the AirAsia itinerary was sufficient.

Phillippine Air insisted they need some special something from Air Asia. I don't know what. We now have a confirmed seat to the Philippines on Kuwait Airlines.

Needless to say, she missed the flight today. The next flight is 3 Dec 06, the day we were to return to the Philippines on Air Asia. AirAsia now wants to charge be THB 3,714 to change the flight dates.

I have sent Air Asia a long letter explain that I think it would be fair if they would waive this rebooking charge. Even if they waive the re booking charge, I am stuck with about THB 10,000 of expenses for extra ground transportation, canceled hotel rooms, etc.