Any Western Music on FM Radio in CR?

OneZero

Damn sick & tired of listening to whiney traditional Thai music.  Perhaps there is some western music on some stations, on some days, or some times of some days.  Perhaps they exist & I have just been searching wrong time of day.  I know that it's available on the internet, but I do not always have internet when visiting CR.  I do have FM radio.

Any advice appreciated.

I agree with the idea that there aren’t enough farangs listening to radio and those who do are probably not an attractive demographic for Thai advertisers.  The only person I know who listens to the radio is our gardener and we bought the radio for her.

Most people these days have thousands of songs on their phones and can watch You Tube Videos on their phones as well.  There are also some very good, curated music streaming services for those willing to pay.  Maybe it is time for a smartphone and some mp3 files to help pass the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I do remember a FM programme called "Music Box" which played what I would describe as "classic hits", (mind you I like Queen, Abba and that sort of stuff).

If I remember it goes out after 9am on one of the local stations for a couple of hours. Haven't listened to it for a couple of months since I got this really izzy wizzy phone which can play the BBC from the internet and put it into my car radio. My 11 year old daughter taught me how to do it...

12 hours ago, Crossy said:

Does FM 88 Radio Thailand English make it to CR, it's supposed to be nationwide?

English language news on the hour (BBC, VOA) plus Western music, mostly easy listening mind.

Thanks, I'll be back to CR in a couple months & will try FM 88.  I listen to FM 88 in Bkk. 

Also easy enough to BUY an in-car FM Transmitter/USB Charge Adapter that plugs into your Vehicle Cigarette Lighter.  The one's I've seen have built-in Flash Memory Card readers for playing MP3 music over an FM radio frequency along with one or two USB charging plugs for charging your mobile phone.

So perfect to use with sceadugenga original recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...

95.75 FM most afternoons (precise hours not sure) plays western English language pop music (60's ++) at least for a couple hours.  My style, I'm glad I kept searching the dial.

Edit: I posted this at 1458 today.  At 1500 there was a brief news period, followed by Thai music (a little more pleasant to the ear than the traditional whiney stuff).  But it seems that today at least the western music has stopped, or perhaps will be interspersed with Thai music.

But in several other days when I've tuned in earlier in the afternoon there were long stretches of back to back western songs without any interruptions. 

Edited by OneZero