Guitar.

Hutch68

If you want cheap, I'd look at Japanese copies from Tokai, Greco, Bacchus, Edwards...  Lots and lots of really good LPs available under $1,000.   I was told about a Thai guitar forum that's quite active but I forgot the name.  I've also imported lots of guitars from Japanese sites like Ishibashi.  You end up paying 10%+7% in duties and VAT, but you get a much bigger selection and the total price is still very good if you shop around a bit.

http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/proList/doSearch/srDispProductList/1/1/ /11933100000/1/ / / / / / /1/40/0/0?jp=on&wd= &searchType=0&chgCateFlg=1&excludeSearchWord= &facetSearchType=0

4 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

If you want cheap, I'd look at Japanese copies from Tokai, Greco, Bacchus, Edwards...  Lots and lots of really good LPs available under $1,000.   I was told about a Thai guitar forum that's quite active but I forgot the name.  I've also imported lots of guitars from Japanese sites like Ishibashi.  You end up paying 10%+7% in duties and VAT, but you get a much bigger selection and the total price is still very good if you shop around a bit.

http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/proList/doSearch/srDispProductList/1/1/ /11933100000/1/ / / / / / /1/40/0/0?jp=on&wd= &searchType=0&chgCateFlg=1&excludeSearchWord= &facetSearchType=0

Nice one, cheers.

Hi, do you mean a genuine Gibson? I don't think 'Gibson' and 'cheap' belong in the same sentence! But I'm not a guitar expert. If you want cheap, I think a Chinese copy from a Thai music shop is your best bet. Alternatively, try a guitar group on Facebook, although if you don't speak or write Thai, you'll need a Thai friend to help you. The Kaidee site is quite good as well. 

Kaidee has some Gibson Les Paul Customs for Bt 9,500 :rolleyes:

There is a genuine looking Les Paul 70's Tribute on there at the moment for Bt 25k.

ctmusicshop.com sells various Epiphone Les Paul models from Bt 6,300 - Bt 30,000

@ NanLaew, is there any particular pawn shop or area that has decent second hand guitars?

6 minutes ago, StateSix said:

Kaidee has some Gibson Les Paul Customs for Bt 9,500 :rolleyes:

There is a genuine looking Les Paul 70's Tribute on there at the moment for Bt 25k.

ctmusicshop.com sells various Epiphone Les Paul models from Bt 6,300 - Bt 30,000

@ NanLaew, is there any particular pawn shop or area that has decent second hand guitars?

There is a shop in Fortune Town called I-Guitar. The back room has a large selection of second hand guitars. Many Gibsons and Fenders...but of course there is no really cheap orginal. They also have some clone models/Edwards/Burny, etc. at better prices.

There is a second-hand shop on the 4th floor, center of Fortune. Is that "I-Guitar"?  The place I'm talking about has lots of used guitars and other musical instruments as well as watches and records.

Way down the main corridor past the Aborn Elect. store.

39 minutes ago, dddave said:

There is a second-hand shop on the 4th floor, center of Fortune. Is that "I-Guitar"?  The place I'm talking about has lots of used guitars and other musical instruments as well as watches and records.

Way down the main corridor past the Aborn Elect. store.

I think you are talking about the smaller pawn shop type store. I-guitar is a music shop no watches or records as far as I know.

Bit of a lottery regarding which pawn shops may have guitars but a good guide is if you see amps and speakers in the windows or on the sidewalk outside, chances are they will have some guitars and keyboards inside.

Edited by NanLaew