MahaNakhon Tower: Tallest in the Bangkok skyline

webfact

MahaNakhon Tower: Tallest in the Bangkok skyline

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok skyline has moved one step closer to the sky with the opening of MahaNakhon building on Monday.

The skyscraper with a twisted pixellated façade is now Thailand's tallest building at 314.2 metres, snatching the title from Baiyoke Tower II, which held the record at 304 metres for nearly two decades.Baiyoke Tower II was completed in 1997, it topped the previous record set by 'Jewelry Trade Centre' by a good 80 metres.

So how does MahaNakhon shake up the ranking for the top 5 tallest buildings in Thailand?

to.jpg

MahaNakhon tower, the 34th tallest in Asia, is a luxury mixed-use 77-storey skyscraper in the business district of Sathorn Road. It houses restaurants, cafes, marketplace and Ritz-Carlton Residences - a premium condominium managed by The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company.

However, it does not look like MahaNakhon will be holding the title of Thailand's tallest building for too long. Magnolias Waterfront Residences, projected for completion in 2018, will set a new record at 315 metres.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/MahaNakhon-Tower-Tallest-in-the-Bangkok-skyline-30294244.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-01

Three threads running already on ThaiVisa.  Give me a break.   

This 314m eyesore is not even in the league with world-class tall buildings.  

Inspired by . . .

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.32.02 AM.png

It's a quasi-big building, get over it.   :coffee1:

When you get up to the 500m-600m category, give me a call...
Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.38.53 AM.png

14 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

So bayoke was built in 1997, however when I visited it in 2004 it was already in a state of disarray. How will this building look like in 20 years? 

Should be okay if the Ritz Carlton group are involved in managing it. They aren't exactly amateurs. 

Archived