Prospects for young Thai people

Apostate

Unless they're well-connected seem very limited. Graduates in dead-end jobs stuck living with their families into their 30s. Young women trapped in perpetual childhood - stifled by their families - hanging out with their friends and spending all day on their phones sending each other pictures of puppies. Girls from the country living 2 or 3 to a room - their only mission to find farange to send them money to give to mother. No prospects, no ambition - a depressing situation.

Agree some with well connected but my contribution to my Thai step son wasn't that much  he worked hard and wanted to achieve his ambition and has his own company now,  also has a mortgage on a condo in Bkk it's still not easy for him getting contracts but possible, the rewards are few but he still gets stuck in and l proud of him.

Some live with their parents into their thirties because it's cheaper or because (certainly for single girls) it's traditional for them to remain n the parental home if they're not married.

There's a hell of a lot of that going on in the US and the UK now that property prices are through the roof.

The UK has more instances of teenage pregnancy than any other developed country in the world

Sending pictures to one another via messaging apps is just as common in the West

Your last point provides insight to an opinion tainted by astonishing ignorance but who knows, maybe young Thai girls do dream of being shagged by a decrepit 60 year old pensioner from Doncaster so they can send money home to Mum

Most of my colleagues at work was young ordinary (commoners) people, not connected and not Rich, when they started working in the Company that I work for. They are all University graduates, During the time from when they started working here they got, Family, children, car, House......soooo, I guess there is another side of the coin than the OP suggests.

Edited by AlQaholic

8 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Probably at least equal to that of young people of America or most other western countries where the Rich have sold out most good jobs to the east.

Yes, so that corporations can pay the fat dividends demanded by greedy shareholders by slashing labour costs.

Capitalists can't complain - this is their folly in action - lower costs, bigger profits

On 9/4/2016 at 5:44 AM, rijb said:

It might seem that way, from a western perspective.  They're not the ones diving off tall buildings.

Diving off of buildings is an expat alzheimer's or a refusal to accept your living will in a catastrophic illness situation. More people have died in wing suits than jumping off of tall buildings here in the past year. I think the figure is 20 world wide. If your going out with extreme pain here good luck in finding pain killers anywhere. If a doctor says your at stage 4 anything its goodbye Charlie. I know of 3 young Thai couples who packed it in here and went to Korea to work. My gf who is 27 as of Thursday tells me without a degree your whistling Dixie looking for GOOD job here. The degree counts your work attitude and habits mean little. Sad but true. 

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

There you go MissAndry adding another weird thing to my bucket list. 

When he/she's got you bent over the railing, don't forget to hold on TIGHT!

(and check the railings can support both your weights)

Edited by MissAndry

My granddaughter who is not well connected had job offefings from  3 major state enterprises, even before she had her last exam at an renown university. She started  to work 1 week after her final exam.

Its all depend, on, what and where you studybit

1 minute ago, henry15 said:

My granddaughter who is not well connected had job offefings from  3 major state enterprises, even before she had her last exam at an renown university. She started  to work 1 week after her final exam.

Its all depend, on, what and where you studybit

People who work for others rarely make much money, degree or not.

Real money comes from innovation and hard work in your own business.

Plenty of opportunities for the young graduate. From our families experience it was 400k to 'pass' the Police entrance exam and 200k for the teaching one where they then put you on the waiting list to be called in for a job interview, both some years ago it's true. All you need here is money and not a lot else.

1 hour ago, MissAndry said:

When he/she's got you bent over the railing, don't forget to hold on TIGHT!

(and check the railings can support both your weights)

Better yet - have them tie you to the railing - be safe.....:blink:

1 hour ago, MissAndry said:

People who work for others rarely make much money, degree or not.

Real money comes from innovation and hard work in your own business.

But somehow they neglect to teach that at school.....:facepalm:

1 minute ago, MissAndry said:

Most teachers think the very best career advice is for you to become a teacher.

I've never met one that knows anything about life outside of school.

Gets my vote too - in the states they're some of the most out of touch & completely clueless people you'd ever never want to spend time around.....

Have witnessed it repeatedly - once they leave the building.....

I have helped three you Thai Ladies get their College Degrees plus my wife's Niece. The Niece faired well, we paid her tuition for two years, she got a scholarship the last two and stated with a TV Channel for 28K a month is now at 35K. Her husband is an Electrical Engineer and is making 45K a month. Two of the other girls are making 27K and 30K.

My Stepson will graduate next summer with Electrical Engineering Degree and has an offer at 28K to start with a company he did a Summer Internship with.

What is common is a strong desire to move ahead of those who lay back and hope. The Education System in LOS needs a heavy overhaul with circumspect from the outside World and learn to listen to the advise of others/farangs who want to help. Quit thinging you know everything and listen !!

Edited by gchurch259

8 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

The UK has more instances of teenage pregnancy than any other developed country in the world

Your last point provides insight to an opinion tainted by astonishing ignorance but who knows, maybe young Thai girls do dream of being shagged by a decrepit 60 year old pensioner from Doncaster so they can send money home to Mum

Well with all the immigrants arriving in the UK the only way for some UK girls to score enough points to get government housing being on the council housing list is to knock out as many kids they can to get a place of there own.

And your last paragraph well it does happen.  :D

On 04/09/2016 at 5:44 AM, rijb said:

It might seem that way, from a western perspective.  They're not the ones diving off tall buildings.

The ones diving off tall buildings have terminal diseases or pronounced depression. Not what you'll find in a young Thai.