Police union: Officers may boycott 49ers over Kaepernick

rooster59

Amazes me how most liberals on this board support anti-American, anti-police sentiments.  Some for most of their lives.

The NFL needs to follow the NBA and require the standing of the National Anthem in their contracts.

CC is absolutely right about the turmoil this causes in society.  The NFL two weeks ago was a place to take the family and get away from life and politics for a day.  It is horrible when people pay $100 plus a seat and have to be reminded of 1968.  It is akin to the A-hole that doesn't turn his phone off in a movie theater, just ruins your day.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, kamahele said:

As for those socks which depict police as pigs. He has admitted he wore them prior to his protest but he wants it known that it was not to depict all police officers but only those rogue police officers which he is now making a statement concerning by not standing for the national anthem.

Do you really believe that? I don't.

I think he is trying to make himself look better after doing something very stupid. Sitting down during the national anthem is not much better.

19 minutes ago, kamahele said:

I have to wonder about people who question Kaepernick's right to protest because of how much money he has earned playing football. So black men can't protest if they make a certain amount of money? Be seen but not heard? His protest has hurt no one. Has inconvenience no one.  As for those socks which depict police as pigs. He has admitted he wore them prior to his protest but he wants it known that it was not to depict all police officers but only those rogue police officers which he is now making a statement concerning by not standing for the national anthem. He should have made that known at the time for sure. Police officers who can't stand those that criticize officers who do wrong, should perhaps find another line of work.

oh, he only wore those socks as a protest to "some" police officers? Well the only thing more ridiculous than that excuse are the people like yourself justifying it.

its amazing how often I must resort to simple examples in order to get others to understand but by your reasoning it would be OK to wear a racist t-shirt about blacks and then excuse the behavior by saying it was only targetted at those blacks you did not like. 

Tell that to all the black kids who saw the racist caption on your t-shirt since you are a sports figure and are often photographed. 

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So criticising certain police actions and trying to improve the US is anti American and anti police.

Criticizing police actions that turn out to be justified shootings - done  in self defence - is jumping the gun at the very least.

Kap has created controversy.

Sports franchises don't like controversy.

Kap has created co-workers to feel uncomfortable in the workplace.

Employers don't like their employees to feel uncomfortable and harassed.

Kap should have saved his protests to when he was off the clock.

I have seen photos of his girlfriend. She is not worth it.

Its time for him to apologize for the methods he has chosen to express himself because the are absent any professionalism, respect or courtesy.

And now we have a member of the armed forces refusing to do their duty to stand for the anthem, because she is a BLM sympathizer who has sided with Kaepernick.  And the navy intends to let her get away with it. The rot under Obama's regime spreads. 

“She is not being discharged or separated,” Meadows added. “She will be able to move on to her next duty station as planned.”

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/this-sailor-sided-with-kaepernick-sat-out-anthem-now-the-navy-is-taking-action

17 minutes ago, Usernames said:

And now we have a member of the armed forces refusing to do their duty to stand for the anthem, because she is a BLM sympathizer who has sided with Kaepernick.  And the navy intends to let her get away with it. The rot under Obama's regime spreads. 

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/this-sailor-sided-with-kaepernick-sat-out-anthem-now-the-navy-is-taking-action

Its certainly a great time to be black in America because you can do anything you like without repercussion. The only "get out of jail free" card better than being a black male is to be a black female"...well, black + female + LGBTIQ is the Gold Standard.

They have everyone living in total fear to hold them accountable or risk being labeled a "racist" or "angry white guy". 

This woman joined the military. If she won't stand for the flag then why would she be assumed to protect it? Would you trust this woman to "have your back" if you served beside her? I sure wouldn't. Funnel this poor misqguided woman out of the military with a bad discharge that prevents her from benefits.

Edited by ClutchClark

32 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Its certainly a great time to be black in America because you can do anything you like without repercussion. The only "get out of jail free" card better than being a black male is to be a black female"...well, black + female + LGBTIQ is the Gold Standard.

They have everyone living in total fear to hold them accountable or risk being labeled a "racist" or "angry white guy". 

This woman joined the military. If she won't stand for the flag then why would she be assumed to protect it? Would you trust this woman to "have your back" if you served beside her? I sure wouldn't. Funnel this poor misqguided woman out of the military with a bad discharge that prevents her from benefits.

Seems to be a clear violation of rules. So she should be punished according to that. Your presumptions 'she will not have my back' 'she will not protect us' 'funnel her out' are way over the top.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:30 AM, watcharacters said:

Indeed it is a "moonlighting"  job for the police officers but I think calling it a courtesy is a generous description.    Police in major metropolitan areas are well paid.   They have every right to choose to forgo this additional income with their protest.

All I've read indicates no rule was broken by  Kap with his refusal to stand.   I wonder under what grounds the NFL or the 49er organization  could possibly punish him.

Wouldn't any punishment border on  infringement of Kaepernick's freedom of expression?

Freedom of expression, as with any freedom, comes with an implicit responsibility. That's why there are defamation laws [Hg Legal Resources].

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Seems to be a clear violation of rules. So she should be punished according to that. Your presumptions 'she will not have my back' 'she will not protect us' 'funnel her out' are way over the top.

This service member has clearly stated she has an expectation that the country prove it hasher back before she will offer her support.

Therefore, it is not any stretch of the imagination to question if she would not carry that attitude into combat and require her fellow service members to "prove" they have her back. 

There is something fundamentally wrong with this womans thought process and it has NO place in the military psychology. This service member is a risk to all who rely on her to respond in a specific manner according to her training and the UCMJ--both of which she is currently disobeying.

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

This service member has clearly stated she has an expectation that the country prove it hasher back before she will offer her support.

Therefore, it is not any stretch of the imagination to question if she would not carry that attitude into combat and require her fellow service members to "prove" they have her back. 

There is something fundamentally wrong with this womans thought process and it has NO place in the military psychology. This service member is a risk to all who rely on her to respond in a specific manner according to her training and the UCMJ--both of which she is currently disobeying.

I'm glad there is no TV judging. Way over the top.

I'm not sure what's happening to my country? It's outrageous that people are using their rights (freedom of speech, freedom of assembly. etc.) in ways I find unacceptable, all to foster a discussion on some "issue" they might think is important. What's the world coming to?

Some of us remember Tommie Smith and John Carlos "protest" at the 1968 Olympic Games, and how they were excoriated by narrow-minded bigots at the time. Of course history has judged those same bigots a bit more harshly.

On a lighter note, I honestly don't remember the "same" media criticizing Tim Tebow now praising Colin Kaepernick? Seems like a Fogs Noose sort of false analogy to me?

Brandon Marshall took a knee in yesterday's kick-off game; women's professional soccer player Megan Rapinoe also took a knee recently.

The Seattle Seahawks are said to be planning some sort of protest ahead of their first game at home this Sunday against the Dolphins.

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'm glad there is no TV judging. Way over the top.

Steve,

Apparently you are entirely unfamiliar with the way the military works and how a person who has volunteered to serve in the military willingly and knowingly forfeits certain rights during their enlistment.

I did not make these rules. I did not determine the penalties for violating the UCMJ but in cases like this with a new recruit then processing that recruit out of the military through a "discharge" is the common practice.  Your anger is misplaced. 

Edited by ClutchClark

24 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Steve,

Apparently you are entirely unfamiliar with the way the military works and how a person who has volunteered to serve in the military willingly and knowingly forfeits certain rights during their enlistment.

I did not make these rules. I did not determine the penalties for violating the UCMJ but in cases like this with a new recruit then processing that recruit out of the military through a "discharge" is the common practice.  Your anger is misplaced. 

It seems the real knowledgeable people here, the military, disagree with your assessment of the situation.

26 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It seems the real knowledgeable people here, the military, disagree with your assessment of the situation.

Can you give us an example of that?

As if this gal isn't going to be disciplined for her actions or non-actions as it may be? :)

Here's a prime example of payback: :)

Broncos’ guy who took at a knee during National Anthem LOSES endorsement over it!

"Brandon Marshall disgraced himself and everyone related to him when he took a knee yesterday during the National Anthem at the opening game of the NFL 2016 season. He has every right to use his free speech to be a dumbass, but saying dumbass things have consequences."

http://therightscoop.com/boom-broncos-guy-who-took-at-a-knee-during-national-anthem-loses-endorsement-over-it/

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/09/broncos-brandon-marshall-loses-endorsement-air-academy-federal-credit-union

but saying dumbass things have (sic) consequences.

Hee hee hee. Soopermexican is quite the "Source". :cheesy:

Brandon Marshall didn't "say" anything, "dumbass" or otherwise. Whoosh, sound of a concept flying right over your head.

And exercising your rights to highlight an issue important to oneself regardless of the consequences might be viewed as honorable, by normal people I mean.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

but saying dumbass things have (sic) consequences.

Hee hee hee. Soopermexican is quite the "Source". :cheesy:

Brandon Marshall didn't "say" anything, "dumbass" or otherwise. Whoosh, sound of a concept flying right over your head.

And exercising your rights to highlight an issue important to oneself regardless of the consequences might be viewed as honorable, by normal people I mean.

As long as a guy is willing to cowboy up and face the consequences of exercisibg his rights.

Or specific to this thread...her rights. And the military is quite clear on when those rights exist. 

Off duty, out of uniform, off base.

On September 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM, MaxYakov said:

Freedom of expression, as with any freedom, comes with an implicit responsibility. That's why there are defamation laws [Hg Legal Resources].

On September 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM, MaxYakov said:

Are you sure defamation laws apply to a non entity?

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Are you sure defamation laws apply to a non entity?

I'm not sure of much these days, but there was an excellent movie (FWIW) on the subject of libel by a newspaper and what the victim did about it: Absence of Malice (1981, Paul Newman, Sally Fields).

He's a "non entity" [sic], huh? For the kind of money he's making, sign me up for his style of nonentitiness [sic]. I promise to take a knee only when I'm about to get tackled or otherwise hit on the field.

Edited by MaxYakov
Cleanup/afterthoughts

22 hours ago, stevenl said:

So how many officers boycotted the 49'ers last Sunday?

Or did they all like their gig too much, disguised as 'civic duty'?

This is rich.

What do you know about "civic duty"? 

And how much civic duty have you provided that you can pass judgement on men & women who risk their lives every day so families can live safely?

On 9/14/2016 at 9:55 AM, MaxYakov said:

I'm not sure of much these days, but there was an excellent movie (FWIW) on the subject of libel by a newspaper and what the victim did about it: Absence of Malice (1981, Paul Newman, Sally Fields).

He's a "non entity" [sic], huh? For the kind of money he's making, sign me up for his style of nonentitiness [sic]. I promise to take a knee only when I'm about to get tackled or otherwise hit on the field.

I'm sorry Max,  I wasn't clear.    What I meant regarding  non entity and defamation  in this instance is that the U.S.A. national athem is a non entity.    Of course Kap is an entity.

You don't read that I agree with what Kap did but I do support his right to do it.

I'll piss you off even more maybe by saying while I despise organizations such as the KKK (Ku Klux Klan)  I'm compelled to support their right to speak out with their hate and ignorance and protesting.     That's an American right.    Relatively few country's' citizens  have it.

I even support the ACLU in their efforts to protect constitutional rights.    All Americans owe them a debt of gratitude,  IMHO.   I lost a conservative  friend by him getting so upset about me giving financial support to them.   

I don't seek agreement but that's what I'm talking about..  Freedom of speech is clearly lacking in our present environment,  so be careful about replies.  

Thanks for your reply to me...