Multiple entry visas available at all embassies.

I am afraid the OP overlooked the time stamp of such report?

There were many reports in The Nation about the multi entry tourist visa ("METV") introduced on Nov 13, 2015.

But of course these reports were published before this date.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hey guys, could do with some advice?

I returned here almost a month ago after a 10 day business trip to Europe. Part of my trip included renewing my passport. I didn't bother with a re-entry permit as I'm changing jobs early October and will indeed be obtaining another b visa.

I'm quite sure i need another 60 days just to be on the safe side in regards to getting correct docs ready for my new b visa.

So my 30 day visa exempt will expire this week. Can I just cross a border this week and get another 30 days exempt which is then extendable for another 30 days at my local immigration office?

Probably wishful thinking on my part. Was just wondering if the laos trip could be avoided until I have to go in October for my new b visa.

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, lostmebike said:

Hey guys, could do with some advice?

I returned here almost a month ago after a 10 day business trip to Europe. Part of my trip included renewing my passport. I didn't bother with a re-entry permit as I'm changing jobs early October and will indeed be obtaining another b visa.

I'm quite sure i need another 60 days just to be on the safe side in regards to getting correct docs ready for my new b visa.

So my 30 day visa exempt will expire this week. Can I just cross a border this week and get another 30 days exempt which is then extendable for another 30 days at my local immigration office?

Probably wishful thinking on my part. Was just wondering if the laos trip could be avoided until I have to go in October for my new b visa.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on your prior visa exempt entry history, and where you try to re-enter to get a new one. Presumably, you are from a G7 country. Otherwise, you can anyway only get 15 days if entering by land. You cannot do an in/out for a visa exempt entry at most crossing points with Myanmar. If you are currently in Bangkok, and only have your current visa exempt entry in the recent past, crossing at Ban Packard/Ban Laem to Cambodia should be fine, as would a quick flight out and back to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore (probably not much more expensive as you need no visa for those countries).

Edited by BritTim

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It depends on your prior visa exempt entry history, and where you try to re-enter to get a new one. Presumably, you are from a G7 country. Otherwise, you can anyway only get 15 days if entering by land. You cannot do an in/out for a visa exempt entry at most crossing points with Myanmar. If you are currently in Bangkok, and only have your current visa exempt entry in the recent past, crossing at Ban Packard/Ban Laem to Cambodia should be fine, as would a quick flight out and back to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore (probably not much more expensive as you need no visa for those countries).

Thanks for the advice BritTim.

Apologies for going off topic Maestro.

I'm from the UK and am eligible for 30 days on arrival. I'm in Korat so was considering driving a couple of hours down to Surin and crossing into Cambodia which I have done a couple of years back to get the 30 days on arrival (never extended it tho)

Brand new passport with just the one entry stamp on it.

I suppose a visit to the local immigration office may answer my questions, or will it???

25 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The multi-entry tourist visa (METV), which this topic is about, can only be applied for in the applicant's country of permanent residence.

Not strictly true, there have been reports of at least 1 country, Australia offering the METV to non residents, 

49 minutes ago, lostmebike said:

Thanks for the advice BritTim.

Apologies for going off topic Maestro.

I'm from the UK and am eligible for 30 days on arrival. I'm in Korat so was considering driving a couple of hours down to Surin and crossing into Cambodia which I have done a couple of years back to get the 30 days on arrival (never extended it tho)

Brand new passport with just the one entry stamp on it.

I suppose a visit to the local immigration office may answer my questions, or will it???

The new passport is not relevant to whether you will have a problem getting a visa exempt entry. Usually, your old and new passports are linked, and immigration can see your full recent history.

Forget about asking an immigration office what the policy will be of an immigration border point, or another immigration office. They all have their own rules.

I have never used Surin myself, but seem to recall reports saying the Cambodian side rip you off and the Thai side is OK. If my recollection is correct, and you have not used recent visa exempt entries before your current one, then you ought to be good for another entry there. Someone like @ubonjoe could give a more qualified opinion if you disclose whether you have other visa exempt entries in the last 6 months or so.

the topic is going astray somehow here - the main point was: Is it true that FROM NOW ON, multiple-entry Visas (except METV) can only be issued by embassies and NOT honorary consulats any longer ? And is this the case in ALL countries ?

any very recent first hand experiences ?

19 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

the topic is going astray somehow here - the main point was: Is it true that FROM NOW ON, multiple-entry Visas (except METV) can only be issued by embassies and NOT honorary consulats any longer ? And is this the case in ALL countries ?

It doesn't apply in all countries. You need to check what rules are being applied by the Embassy in the country you're applying in.

2 hours ago, siam2007 said:

It definitely true for the USA.  I have called around and there are also messages posted on some of the hon consulate websites.  I have also heard this is true for Australia.

Big Message on the home page of the Thai Honorary Consulate in Portland, Oregon (U.S.)  So the Hon Cons. deal changed in mid August???

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 15, 2016, WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO ISSUE MULTIPLE ENTRY TOURIST OR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS.  YOU MAY APPLY FOR SINGLE ENTRY TOURIST, TRANSIT AND NON-IMMIGRANT O, B OR ED VISAS ONLY.  YOU MAY APPLY FOR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISAS AT THE LOS ANGELES CONSULATE OR THE ROYAL THAI EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON, DC.

http://www.thai-or.com/

10 hours ago, texanaust said:

It definitely true for the USA.  I have called around and there are also messages posted on some of the hon consulate websites.  I have also heard this is true for Australia.

and true for most European countries, there are messages too on several consulate-websites