Motorists warned against using device to conceal license plates

rooster59

Motorists warned against using device to conceal license plates

0409009-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK:-- The Land Transport Department has warned motorists against the use of a remotely-controlled device which can hide a car’s license plates, saying it is against the automobile law and violators are liable to a fine up to 2,000 baht.

The department said it is checking whether such a device is available after a video clip was posted on the internet showing a woman demonstrating how she concealed a license plate attached to the front of her BMW with the claimed device, said Mr Chirut Visarnchit, deputy director-general of the department.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/motorists-warned-using-device-conceal-license-plates/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-04

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

All the HiSo's will be fitting them to their Merc's,BMW, Ferrari's etc, so when they do 

a hit and run, they just flip a switch, 

regards worgeordie

My car,s a Jowett Javelin............will one fit on it  :(

In Australia.......Waaay back --late...80s early 90s, there was a spray on clear solution that was camera reflective...(or so they claimed) hit the market for about 5 months then was banned.

What that lady is doing to the BMW is of no use in the UK ---their motorway cameras take front & back shots of speeding--the computer chip measures the speed and activates the timing of another camera to take the back shot.

Edited by oxo1947

1 minute ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

I don't see the advantage of one of these devices , many cars drive around without plates anyway and nothing is done about that.

I agree. 3 months ago we took delivery of a new pickup.

I said to the wife why no red plates, i want to save money !!! What when we get the regular plates you get the money back.

Point is she drove for 9 weeks with no plates never stopped.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It would be interesting to see the video of this device in use.

Years ago in the UK, it was claimed that spraying hairspray on the number plate would prevent cameras recognising it. No idea if it was true however.

Top Gear tried several of these devices but against the latest radar detection devices none of them worked

Edited by gandalf12

12 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

In Australia.......Waaay back --late...80s early 90s, there was a spray on clear solution that was camera reflective...(or so they claimed) hit the market for about 5 months then was banned.

What that lady is doing to the BMW is of no use in the UK ---their motorway cameras take front & back shots of speeding--the computer chip measures the speed and activates the timing of another camera to take the back shot.

Hair spray or clear lacquer will do the job...

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

All the HiSo's will be fitting them to their Merc's,BMW, Ferrari's etc, so when they do 

a hit and run, they just flip a switch, 

regards worgeordie

But if they do get caught, I hear Singapore is nice this time of year.