Penang - Will I Make It?

I've done this before (Tourist Visa and Non-Imm B ) and I used the NJ Agent-- they picked me up at the airport and then you fill-up application forms at their office and they bring it straight to the consulate just before 12noon. If everything's okay you'd get your visa the next day

Edited by hUsh

I managed to do it, I got in a taxi and went straight to Chulia Street (30mins), where an agent did the rest for me.

When I arrive at Penang airport I always walk outside to the entrance and flag down a taxi, instead of using the Airport Taxi Desk which is a rip off monopoly.

Good luck

MM

Last time I took the Air Asia flight which lands 10:05 am in Penang, I almost did not make it before 12 noon at the consulate. The flight was delayed for over an hour because of system chaos in new airport.

In any case, just be prepared.

Going back to Bangkok, the flight was delayed for more than two hours. Bloody unfortunate.

you have to be at the consulate by noon for drop off

i dont understand all the harried-ness and extra expense. as if staying a night or two in penang is some sort of prision sentance.

the whol ething can be done by train in a few days for about b5000.

The 'harried-ness' is due to committments I have on Monday. Need to be back and can't leave till Thursday so I've got 2 days to do it. Its not the expense. Plus the missus has to be back for work. I am quite happy to spend a few days in Penang.

• 2 months later...

I would also like to pull this off if possible and only stay in Penang for one night. My concern is that the current problems at the airport, concerning the runway, may cause a delay in take off from bkk, thus arriving late in penang. Has anyone pulled this off recently and does anyone know if flights are delayed, in general, at the bkk airport?