Non Immigration O - Valid from ?

Hi,

I  was issued  a Multi entry Non O visa dated 22July 2015  and it was marked "enter before 21st July 2016". 

(Ireland, well past pension age and gave proof of earnings)

I entered Thailand on 10 Feb 2016, did a Mae Sai border crossing on 22 April and left Thailand on 14th June 2016.

Today (5th Sept) arrived   BKK   but was informed visa was invalid.    Subsequently was only granted a 30 day stay.   Original immigration clerk called in a supervisor, he had total tunnel vision just kept pointing at the date "21st July 2016 and saying " Before, before"  On my part pointed out the entry  for 10 Feb but this was ignored.

I was under the impression that the 12 months started from the first entry into Thailand  ???    No, Yes ?

No it does not start fom your first entry date.

The Immigration officer was correct on the dates

A multi entry one year Non O is good for one year from the date it  is issued by the consulate of embessy you get it from.

That is exactly what the "must enter before" date means.

You got one year to use your visa from the date it was issued to you.

That is how it is normally  done.

At some consulates or embessies the date will be stamped as "one year", but not at all of them.

No it's valid for 1 year from the date the visa is issued (22/7/2015). You can make as many entries as you want on of before the 'enter before' date (21/7/2016). The IO was correct in giving you 30 days.

Your 30 day visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht, if needed. And if you want a long term option, you could convert the visa exempt entry to a non immigrant visa/entry, which would allow you to apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement (over 50).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No it's valid for 1 year from the date the visa is issued (22/7/2015). You can make as many entries as you want on of before the 'enter before' date (21/7/2016). The IO was correct in giving you 30 days.

Your 30 day visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht, if needed. And if you want a long term option, you could convert the visa exempt entry to a non immigrant visa/entry, which would allow you to apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement (over 50).

Hi,

Ta, will go with 2nd option