Australian DJ jailed for life in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, joeyg said:

Deal hard drugs.  Should be executed.  Now before you jump on me.  Think of how you'd feel if one oif your children got addicted or died from his drugs.  That's what I thought...

Oh such pious people we have in here, remember when we point a finger at someone we have 3 more pointing back at us. 

7 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

There is no point in saying ridiculous things like "it went over your head, never mind", or "you messed up again", without qualifying what you're saying.

So, please go ahead.

I expect they were referencing your rubbish estimate of 1000/1 alcohol to drug users.  In the UK 2 out of 3 adults drink at least occasionally, whereas 1 in 5 use drugs at least occasionally.  So it is actually more like 3 times than 1000, quite the mess up.  And are there three times as many accidents caused by alcohol than drug?  Who knows, we don't drug test drivers.

The Phillipines solution will never stop people from taking drugs; never stop the sellers or the cartels. They are killing users and a few pushers. In addition, they are probably killing the innocent who happen to be in the wrong place. Killing or jailing people solve nothing.  The decriminalization of drugs, prostitution, and gambling along with education is what civilized societies should do. Using the police, courts, prisons etc to incarcerate people solves nothing and exacerbates the problem.

Those who need to self medicate with alcohol and drugs have huge issues that need to be addressed by a compassionate society. American jails are filled with drug users and pushers yet the cartels that sell are doing great business. Some American states have legalized marijuana and the drug cartels in those areas can't find business.  Every country should decriminalize, legalise, regulate and tax drug usage- accompanied by a robust education and medical program to wean people away from usage.   It's the same psychology used in many countries to limit cigarette consumption and it works.

Would I want my children to use drugs- No.  However, if they did- I wouldn't want them involved in the legal system.

Even going far back as Barlow and Chambers.....I fail to comprehend why anyone takes the chance,when it is well known in Asian countries what the penalties are.You would have to be deaf,dumb and blind not to know.If you want it easy stick to Australia,Uk and America,where in comparison it's a slap on the wrist.Have no sympathy!!! Amazing what greed does,you are where you belong,because you thought you were smarter than all the others,lots of time to think about your stupidity!!!

Firstly I am pro legislation/decriminalisation of all drugs Prohibition doesn't work and will never work it is a demand and supply issue if there is a demand there will be a supply, the only way is to take away the demand but that won't happen, its basic economics.

I grew up in a small town in mid wales in the 70's and 80's where there were a lot of illegal raves due to rural location I went to many and took drugs not just e's but acid, coke marijuana what ever was available I would do. I went to live in Holland in 1990 and went to many many rave parties took allsorts of drugs and had a great time. I moved to Thailand in 92 and back then the rave party seen was just beginning I had a ball and met a lot of good friends some of which I know still today.

Now in my mid to late 40's I haven't had any drugs for years I think the last time I had an e was about 10 years ago but if someone asked me if I would do one again I wouldn't be able to answer no as depending on where I was and who I was with I would probably do it.

The sentences for these 2 kids is ridiculously high and to the people on here who think that a  thai person would get the same sentence then I have to tell you that you are wrong. I will tell you a story about my nephew who is thai, he was caught in a sting operation by undercover police in 2010 he had 20 or so pills he also resisted arrest as they were in plain clothes and assaulted one of them not believing them not to be police but a gang trying to rob him. He got 2 years and was out in 18 months, he is a decent kid in his late 20's now and I think he had scored the pills for him and his mates I don't think he is or was a regular user but just an occasional recreational user as many kids his age are all over the world. Don't get me wrong i'm glad that he didn't get a longer sentence but I think that the sentences should be fair for all and not a rule for one and a different rule for another.

The sentences handed down to these 2 kids is wrong yes they were obviously dealing e's but they were involved in the party seen and dealing to people who wanted to use the e's they were not outside a school gate peddling their wares to school kids, they were selling a product that is in demand in the seen where that product is taken.

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I agree with most of what you say, MDMA etc not addictive or "hard". But its still a false manufactured state of happiness/ euphoria.  If you start to confuse the real and not real happiness. An example, you could fall in love/start a relationship with someone based on false happiness/euphoria you feel . I have been there, you could find Adolf Hitler wonderful when the second one kicks in. 

I saw a lot of friends make stupid decisions in that false happy place.

And the Tuesday comedown (after an MDMA fueled weekend) is pretty damm real. 

Sounds exactly what happens to middle aged mens flowchart when they land at BKK.  Replace Adolf with Thais. Replace MDMA. With Chang

1 minute ago, Bighel said:

Even going far back as Barlow and Chambers.....I fail to comprehend why anyone takes the chance,when it is well known in Asian countries what the penalties are.You would have to be deaf,dumb and blind not to know.If you want it easy stick to Australia,Uk and America,where in comparison it's a slap on the wrist.Have no sympathy!!! Amazing what greed does,you are where you belong,because you thought you were smarter than all the others,lots of time to think about your stupidity!!!

peddling drugs on the street locally is a tad different to stuffing em up your anus and climbing on and airplane.

end result when caught is same same though !!

....is this not racism...???

...perverse justice at best....

...they intercept truckloads of drugs several times a day...yet you never hear of any of 'the local boys' serving a day....

...even caught again and again.....with headlines 'known drug dealer'....

...when will our governments stand up for us.....???

3 minutes ago, zd1 said:

Firstly I am pro legislation/decriminalisation of all drugs Prohibition doesn't work and will never work it is a demand and supply issue if there is a demand there will be a supply, the only way is to take away the demand but that won't happen, its basic economics.

I grew up in a small town in mid wales in the 70's and 80's where there were a lot of illegal raves due to rural location I went to many and took drugs not just e's but acid, coke marijuana what ever was available I would do. I went to live in Holland in 1990 and went to many many rave parties took allsorts of drugs and had a great time. I moved to Thailand in 92 and back then the rave party seen was just beginning I had a ball and met a lot of good friends some of which I know still today.

Now in my mid to late 40's I haven't had any drugs for years I think the last time I had an e was about 10 years ago but if someone asked me if I would do one again I wouldn't be able to answer no as depending on where I was and who I was with I would probably do it.

The sentences for these 2 kids is ridiculously high and to the people on here who think that a  thai person would get the same sentence then I have to tell you that you are wrong. I will tell you a story about my nephew who is thai, he was caught in a sting operation by undercover police in 2010 he had 20 or so pills he also resisted arrest as they were in plain clothes and assaulted one of them not believing them not to be police but a gang trying to rob him. He got 2 years and was out in 18 months, he is a decent kid in his late 20's now and I think he had scored the pills for him and his mates I don't think he is or was a regular user but just an occasional recreational user as many kids his age are all over the world. Don't get me wrong i'm glad that he didn't get a longer sentence but I think that the sentences should be fair for all and not a rule for one and a different rule for another.

The sentences handed down to these 2 kids is wrong yes they were obviously dealing e's but they were involved in the party seen and dealing to people who wanted to use the e's they were not outside a school gate peddling their wares to school kids, they were selling a product that is in demand in the seen where that product is taken.

Probably the best post on here 

Just now, SOTIRIOS said:

...they intercept truckloads of drugs several times a day...yet you never hear of any of 'the local boys' serving a day....

is it not up t the judge what sentence is handed down ?

4 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The Phillipines solution will never stop people from taking drugs; never stop the sellers or the cartels. They are killing users and a few pushers. In addition, they are probably killing the innocent who happen to be in the wrong place. Killing or jailing people solve nothing.  The decriminalization of drugs, prostitution, and gambling along with education is what civilized societies should do. Using the police, courts, prisons etc to incarcerate people solves nothing and exacerbates the problem.

Those who need to self medicate with alcohol and drugs have huge issues that need to be addressed by a compassionate society. American jails are filled with drug users and pushers yet the cartels that sell are doing great business. Some American states have legalized marijuana and the drug cartels in those areas can't find business.  Every country should decriminalize, legalise, regulate and tax drug usage- accompanied by a robust education and medical program to wean people away from usage.   It's the same psychology used in many countries to limit cigarette consumption and it works.

Would I want my children to use drugs- No.  However, if they did- I wouldn't want them involved in the legal system.

You are 100% correct,even the USA after spending Billions of Dollars have realised the 'War on Drugs' is unwinnable.
Legalisation,decriminalisation plus treating addicts as people with a disease,which they are,is the only answer.

If you deal illegal drugs, then in my opinion your a low life scumbag, that deserves to spend the rest of their miserable life in a Thai Jail Cell, with other miserable low life scumbags.

When you see what drugs do to young people, I have no sympathy with the offenders at all.  They knew what they were doing was illegal in a Country that has harsh penalties for drug offences.

Idiots on here comparing Smoking and Drinking with taking Ecstasy are you for real.  If a 14 year old has a bottle of Budweiser, then they will get drunk, they will not suffer from organ failure.  If a 14 year old smokes, they might be sick, but not have irreparable brain damage.

When were talking about experimenting as a youngster, the drug apologist come on here and say Alcohol or Smoking should be banned too.  The fact is a 14 years that tries Ecstasy is very dangerous and there are many deaths.

If these two offenders spend the rest of their lives in prison, think of all the people they cannot sell drugs too.  Drug pushers are up there with Pedo's, Rapists and Murderers in my Opinion.

Well done to the Judges for such a correct and appropriate sentence for both of them.

12 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

My thoughts exactly,any Thai would get a slap on the wrist or a year or two in jail,it really is absolutely disgraceful,just barbaric!

4 minutes ago, autanic said:

If you deal illegal drugs, then in my opinion your a low life scumbag, that deserves to spend the rest of their miserable life in a Thai Jail Cell, with other miserable low life scumbags.

When you see what drugs do to young people, I have no sympathy with the offenders at all.  They knew what they were doing was illegal in a Country that has harsh penalties for drug offences.

Idiots on here comparing Smoking and Drinking with taking Ecstasy are you for real.  If a 14 year old has a bottle of Budweiser, then they will get drunk, they will not suffer from organ failure.  If a 14 year old smokes, they might be sick, but not have irreparable brain damage.

When were talking about experimenting as a youngster, the drug apologist come on here and say Alcohol or Smoking should be banned too.  The fact is a 14 years that tries Ecstasy is very dangerous and there are many deaths.

If these two offenders spend the rest of their lives in prison, think of all the people they cannot sell drugs too.  Drug pushers are up there with Pedo's, Rapists and Murderers in my Opinion.

Well done to the Judges for such a correct and appropriate sentence for both of them.

Pure MDMA will NOT give you organ failure or brain damage,in fact it is being used in the USA to treat PTSD in the Armed Forces as you can see here :
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/dec/27/mdma-ecstasy-post-traumatic-stress-disorder

And here :

http://www.mdmaptsd.org/

JoeyG

All cool, clinical and rational. Until YOUR son gets caught carrying 3 kilos of 'Harry the Horse' through Suvarnabhumi. Oh of course, it would be MY son or daughter. But it's always someone's son or daughter, isn't it? Drug couriers, sellers are very small fry. Catching, locking them up and throwing away the key has had NO effect on people wanting to take this crap. The whole drug issue should be dealt with as a health problem, not a macho-man politician 'let's get tough on crime' enforcer image opportunity.

5 minutes ago, MyFrenU said:

Pure MDMA will NOT give you organ failure or brain damage,in fact it is being used in the USA to treat PTSD in the Armed Forces as you can see here :
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/dec/27/mdma-ecstasy-post-traumatic-stress-disorder

And here :

http://www.mdmaptsd.org/

Is what these guys selling Pure ?

If it is harmless why is not legal anywhere ?

I am seeing things on the other side of the fence....as stated before,my partner is doing time 13 moths only for using,not dealing,not supplying,nothing more nothing less.When he was arrested originally ,there was nothing but contempt for him at the local lockup( and from me also) and certainly no leniency for him at any level .The raid on our home was nothing short of anything from an American movie.From first hand personal experience,he was not favoured cos he was Thai.not even with the prospect that he could be bought out with farang money..And he is locked up with plenty of other Thais with varying involvance in the drug scene.No farang were he is for drugs( card skimming maybe) But I can assure you that farang and Thai recieve the same punishment depending on what level of involvement .

Just now, Americano555 said:

Wake up Dude.

It was an interesting thread.  Boy they really came out of the woodwork on this one. TV posters never disappoint.  I'm glad I stop taking ANYTHING seriously here some time ago. It's amazing really.  

Executing  dealers would send a great message and be a step in the right direction, IMHO.  Never happen though because the Law Enforcement Growth Industry, profits are huge from illegal drug sales and we can't stop that.

It's sad/weird to see the "lax" attitudes of BMs about drug use with their kids or grand kids.  I don't get it.

10 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

I grew up in the UK in the 80s and was a teenager in the 90s - MDMA is neither addictive, nor 'hard', it simply needs to be treated responsibly.

As a parent, I'm perfectly happy for my kid to take he when he gets older, as I did and much of my generation did when I was younger. Not in this country though, it's unfortunately backward in terms of drug legislation.

I'd far prefer my son to be taking ecstasy as a teenager than for him to be binge drinking like most kids do.

It was MDMA that stopped football hooliganism in the UK in the 80s and 90s,as no-one on ecstasy wanted to fight each other anymore,just dance or hug each other instead!

I wouldn't be so sure about either of these boys being transferred anywhere soon.

Here's some info about the Bilateral prisoner transfer treaty:-

http://www.correct.go.th/eng/transfer.html

and below, an example of it's implementation

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/news-thailand55.html