Thailand given football lesson - and they could learn about picking up litter too

webfact

Thailand given football lesson - and they could learn about picking up litter too

p2.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- As Thailand were given a football lesson in the world cup qualifier on Tuesday night netizens also commented on another of the nation's failings - littering.

Pictures of the mess left by fans at the Rachamangkhala Stadium in Bangkok after the 0-2 reverse by Japan caused much adverse comment online, reported Sanook.

After goalkeeper Kawin Thamsatchanan had picked the ball out of the back of the net twice posters complained that Thais can't pick the litter off the ground.

On the Panthip site one Thai stated referring to the rubbish left behind: "We have two hands to get the stuff in the first place but can't seem to use those hands to clear it up and throw it away".

The pictures of the mess left by fans were viewed 13,000 times and shared nearly 3,000 times.

ESPN reported that Thailand were given a soccer lesson by Japan who won easily with goals in each half handing Thailand their second straight defeat in Asian Zone qualifying for the 2018 World Cup.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-07

anyone living on Thailand knows that thais simply throw everything on the ground when finished with it because they are too lazy to put it in a bin if they can find one. Anything made of metal is stolen that fast it isnt funny, still doesnt excuse them for being pigs though. Just goes to show how little regard thais have for their own country, can be seen absolutely everywhere in Thailand, they really need to learn respect for their country but I doubt it will happen anytime soon

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

anyone living on Thailand knows that thais simply throw everything on the ground when finished with it because they are too lazy to put it in a bin if they can find one. Anything made of metal is stolen that fast it isnt funny, still doesnt excuse them for being pigs though. Just goes to show how little regard thais have for their own country, can be seen absolutely everywhere in Thailand, they really need to learn respect for their country but I doubt it will happen anytime soon

On the ground, in the canals and rivers, out the train window into prime jungle or unspoiled countryside, into the sea, all over a place of national beauty or natural importance, anywhere but the right place......and they claim to be proud of their country, seems to me like they can't wait to turn it into a total shythole....those found responsible should be very publicly  shamed and named, and shown all over the media labelled as 'Un Thai' (or similar) and the problem would end...

if you just walk around in the country, you can easily find the railway, just following the continuous garbage both sides of the railway. 

Thais throw everything away what is considered to be useless and the actual location does not play roles. It can be the nicest dream-beach, national park, stadium or else.... sad. Thailand is one of the main contributor  of garbage island too.

About football, the Japan team was full of "farangs" even the coach is German....

Wow - Quite the 'Thai Bash'....  When in reality many events such as this world wide limit the number of rubbish bins for security reasons...  

In areas of such high footfall its often much safer to have no rubbish bins and deal with the trash once the crowds have dispersed - its certainly much safer than risking someone placing an explosive in a trash-bin. 

-----

Elsewhere - Yes, there are major litter issues, an underlying 'shift' in culture is required to see improvement... do not litter campaigns etc.. many countries also have this issue... New Zealand and Singapore just a couple of the countries I've been to which don't seem to have litter issues.

-----

Football: Thailand were simply outclassed by Japan and were perhaps tactically naive. Thailand did put forwards a respectable fight and have room for development. It would be good to see a true meritocracy in Thailand's football to see this development realised. 

Edited by richard_smith237

42 minutes ago, drbamboo said:

if you just walk around in the country, you can easily find the railway, just following the continuous garbage both sides of the railway. 

Thais throw everything away what is considered to be useless and the actual location does not play roles. It can be the nicest dream-beach, national park, stadium or else.... sad. Thailand is one of the main contributor  of garbage island too.

About football, the Japan team was full of "farangs" even the coach is German....

My wife never speaks bad about people but during the match she suddenly said the japanese were so ugly :whistling:...

I told her they were much smarter then the Thai, remember our trip to Japan mai? That made her shut up the nonsense.

The Chinese though try everything to get soccertrainers from my homecountry, because they bought the whole club some trainers went there but soon got arrested because they were given the wrong visa :facepalm::P  Now nobody of the club wants to go there anymore. Also their big rich boss never pays in time which leads to a bad name for whole China.

But try finding a bin these days in BKK, i bet you can't. Bins are bombcatchers and nobody will stay near one.

During a soccermatch i don't see the issue of throwing garbage on the floor, do they have to go find a bin during the match??

What is more silly imo is that they still don't use sweepingtrucks, instead they use the handmade brooms which only last a few days if at all.

If Thailand will not finish last in this group, it should be considered a success! 

For the garbage- problem: I know some -very few- Thais, who actually give two hot sh1ts about, where they throw their stuff.

And with 7 eleven etc. handing out a plastic- bag with every icecream-cone you buy, I don't see things improving here, anytime soon! 

I was one of 80,000 plus who saw Liverpool take Barcelona apart in August at Wembley.

On a relative scale [i.e. I'm guessing there were more people were at wembley than this game] there wasn't anything like this scale of littering then.

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, drbamboo said:

Japan team full of farangs? Did you check the line up prior to publishing this?

I did not watch the game I was busy eating but I saw the excitement on the locals faces when they came close. I think they should be proud. 0-2 Is no embarressmemt against a country who qualified for last 3 world cups and got out the group stages in one of them. That gap is not getting wider. 

I was at the game and yes the Thai team was outclassed by a much, much better side. 

It is still a huge success for Thai football to have actually made it to this stage. This reflects the huge improvements made in the last 5 years....

Edited by DUS

3 hours ago, drbamboo said:

About football, the Japan team was full of "farangs" even the coach is German.":redcard2:

You obviously don't know much about football, at least not the Japanese national team or their manager..

1. The manager is Bosnian   Vahid Halilhodžić 

2. The players are all Japanese. Granted, some may have some western features but they may be from mixed parents. Japanese father , western mother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_national_football_team               See current squad.

Last night's game told the Thais they need to do a lot more work to come up to the level of their opponents. The Japanese team dominated play throughout.

Although bins might be bomb catches there is no excuse for not having plastic or rubber bins every 100 meters down every major and minor road in every city, town and villiage in the Kingdom! In Oz they had the campaign that "only pigs rubbish Australia" on TV, every time someone threw rubbish down a pigs face was superimposed on their body! It worked really well! :thumbsup::D:wai:

I always remember about 5 years ago with my wife's family en route to sattahip. Driving along and watching in horror as two cousins husbands threw rubbish out of the vehicle. After the second time they did it, I asked them " do you love Thailand?" Of course the answer was yes. Then I said "so why do you keep throwing rubbish on her?"  It was another hr to our destination, not a word said all the way. And no more rubbish thrown.

20 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I always remember about 5 years ago with my wife's family en route to sattahip. Driving along and watching in horror as two cousins husbands threw rubbish out of the vehicle. After the second time they did it, I asked them " do you love Thailand?" Of course the answer was yes. Then I said "so why do you keep throwing rubbish on her?"  It was another hr to our destination, not a word said all the way. And no more rubbish thrown.

Do you think they have learned from it? Or have you not seen them since?

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I was one of 80,000 plus who saw Liverpool take Barcelona apart in August at Wembley.

On a relative scale [i.e. I'm guessing there were more people were at wembley than this game] there wasn't anything like this scale of littering then.

This picture was probably taken at a fan zone, unless Thailand play there home games on a path with lots of plastic chairs scattered all over. I would guess that all fan zones are left in the same state this one is after a game. That is the reason you have cleaning teams come in after matches to clean it up.

I know you cant compare like for like but here's a picture of the aftermath of the Notting Hill carnival.

Which looks better ?clean up.jpg

1 hour ago, berybert said:

This picture was probably taken at a fan zone, unless Thailand play there home games on a path with lots of plastic chairs scattered all over. I would guess that all fan zones are left in the same state this one is after a game. That is the reason you have cleaning teams come in after matches to clean it up.

I know you cant compare like for like but here's a picture of the aftermath of the Notting Hill carnival.

Which looks better ?clean up.jpg

As you say not comparing like with like. All I know is that the littering after the game I was at wasn't noticeable at all. 

That mess in the picture you show is however horrible. 

Edited by Bluespunk

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Do you think they have learned from it? Or have you not seen them since?

I have seen them at various family functions over the years and haven't seen them throw rubbish again. But whether they have learned from it , I really don't know.....

Edited by goldenbrwn1