Extended non O passport full up

Current advice please gentlemen as my UK passport  has 2 empty pages left plus space below my re entry permit to stamp me in and out.

im entering thailand in a few weeks. My visa was a non O which i have been extending based on retirement for the last 3 years. I was thinking i could enter, extend it again when its due in jan 17 and then have 1 page left for a re entry permit. That will get me back home next year where i will re new the passport which expires in 2018. Then re enter on the old passport with my new passport and sort things out in immigration.

However, i was told i cant transfer my non O  and extensions to a new passport? Do i need a new visa next time?

Ive looked into an OA visa and my doctor laughed at me when i asked for a certificate to say "im not in the 3rd stage of syphilis" or whatever they require. Im mid 50's so i cant get a new non O in the uk. Thanks.

• Immigration don't transfer Visas from old to new passports.
  • You don't need a new visa as long as you keep the extension of stay valid.
  • As you have an extension of stay they would note the details of your original non immigrant visa in the new passport and transfer the extension of stay. The original visa used to enter and gain the extension of stay is no longer needed.
  • You can apply for a new passport while you're in Thailand.
Edited by elviajero

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:
  • Immigration don't transfer Visas from old to new passports.
  • You don't need a new visa as long as you keep the extension of stay valid.
  • As you have an extension of stay they would note the details of your original non immigrant visa in the new passport and transfer the extension of stay. The original visa used to enter and gain the extension of stay is no longer needed.
  • You can apply for a new passport while you're in Thailand.

Thank you for the info. Based on that i will get a new extension in my current passport and have that transferred to the new passport on my next return in 2017

5 minutes ago, tomyumchai said:

Thank you for the info. Based on that i will get a new extension in my current passport and have that transferred to the new passport on my next return in 2017

IMHO it would definitely be far better for you to renew your passport during your next trip back to the UK rather than submit yourself to the rigours of the dreaded With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience here!:crazy:

One further point which I would add to elviajero's advice is that your local immigration office may well insist on you obtaining from the British Embassy in Bangkok their misleadingly-titled "visa transfer letter" as a prerequisite to transferring your latest extension of stay stamp from your old to new passport. Details as to how you go about obtaining this letter are set out in the Embassy's "Important Notice" at  https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491945/Visa_Transfer_Information.pdf

In practice, however, since you will be renewing your passport in the UK you will, in your case, need to email the Embassy since HMPO will not, as far as I am aware, issue you with the necessary pro-forma document referred to in the Embassy notice with your new passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomyumchai said:

Each to their own, but I wouldn't feel comfortable traveling half way around the world without a few spare pages in my passport. I would get a new passport at the earliest opportunity.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

the dreaded With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience here!

There is nothing to fear with UK passport renewal in Thailand.  Takes 2 trips to Bangkok (not necessarily by yourself) and a new passport will be in your hands in 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Upnotover said:

There is nothing to fear with UK passport renewal in Thailand.  Takes 2 trips to Bangkok (not necessarily by yourself) and a new passport will be in your hands in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for that 1, ill need a few trips into bkk to buy stuff so that should work out ok.

29 minutes ago, tomyumchai said:

Thanks for that 1, ill need a few trips into bkk to buy stuff so that should work out ok.

You apply at the office in Sukhumvit Soi 13, but will need to make an appointment. All the information you need is here; https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/thailand/renewing_old/adult/united-kingdom

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand

Email: [email protected]

• Like 1