Obama reminds Beijing tribunal ruling on South China Sea is ‘binding’

webfact

The Asia-Pacific region is naval and air warfare, primarily naval.

This isn't the Middle East and it's not south central Asia. US Army has a support role here, it is not the primary force.

All the US military forces in the Pacific-Asia region are under the single command of an admiral at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii -- all US forces here, army, navy, marines, air force, the whole nine yards.

Expect different results.

Edited by Publicus
Addition.

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChee said:

4 million for Kuwait ...

22 million for Syria , 37 million in Iraq , 30 million in Afghanistan ....

Odds are stacked that of Kuwait remained the 19th Iraq province if they have been worse off

In today's Syria world ...you have the Turks backing a group , Russians one group , USA one group and the Syrians themselves ...don't see how that is better

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I'm sure the people in Kuwait are much happier being free rather than under the rule of a maniacal dictator.  Same problem in Syria.  Kuwait is doing just fine.  Thanks to help from the US.  So your comment that they are worse off is incorrect.  It's OK to admit it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait#Economy

The Kuwaiti dinar is the highest-valued unit of currency in the world.[6] According to the World Bank, Kuwait is the fourth richest country in the world per capita.[142] Kuwait is the second richest GCC country per capita (after Qatar).

The Chinese will not listen to anything not backed up by a real show of force. FON rule of innocent passage is not. It is weapons systems down, navigational radar only. The US and the Philippines need to run off the Chinese preventing the Filipinos from fishing, blockade the entire area and the rest of the navigation and over flights need to weapons systems ready to go. Blockade their supplies and shut them down. The Chinese may get the hint then. If they want to come to play, well bye bye Chinese Navy and Air Force, along with a lot of American ships, planes and lives.

Hell of a choice and I wouldn't want to make it, but do you fight a smaller war you can win now, or wait and eventually loose even more lives?

http://thediplomat.com/2016/02/are-freedom-of-navigation-operations-and-innocent-passage-really-the-same/

On 9/10/2016 at 2:14 AM, Publicus said:

Obama bashers keep showing up everywhere as if they were a pandemic virus. 

Well, let's call a spade a spade.  Obama has been an utter disaster since day one - full stop.

Most divisive president in the history of America...:thumbsup:

Edited by Boon Mee

The Chinese will not listen to anything not backed up by a real show of force. FON rule of innocent passage is not. It is weapons systems down, navigational radar only. The US and the Philippines need to run off the Chinese preventing the Filipinos from fishing, blockade the entire area and the rest of the navigation and over flights need to weapons systems ready to go. Blockade their supplies and shut them down. The Chinese may get the hint then. If they want to come to play, well bye bye Chinese Navy and Air Force, along with a lot of American ships, planes and lives.

Hell of a choice and I wouldn't want to make it, but do you fight a smaller war you can win now, or wait and eventually loose even more lives?

http://thediplomat.com/2016/02/are-freedom-of-navigation-operations-and-innocent-passage-really-the-same/

When you take your next vacation , charter a boat and see how vast the sea here is and then come back and rethink whether any of your strategies is actually feasible

Don't misunderstand Chinese hate for practicality ....

The Chinese are practical enough to know its impossible to own everything ....about time some get realistic about what the USA military can do too.

This "I will blow you out of the sky mentality has been proven to be false in most ME campaigns...the little F***ers are all still running around detonating shit "

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect