Real Estate In Phucket

I must say, having very little experience with Tha immigration, or some of these laws. Based on my research, it is simply not worth it. I will probably not invest in Thailand at all. There are beaches elsewhere...I will keep the wife though:-)

I cannot even come there and spend time to see what I want to invest in, no matter the amount, without what seem undo difficulty. Is this the desired affect?

I am rather suprised at the very strong nationalistic tendencies of many of the Thai laws. I say that with respect, it is their country......just seems sort of shortsighted. Also, I the hostility that comes from some of these posts toward foreigners reminds me of some "rednecks" here in the US. Go away foreigner, leave your money at the door...kind of funny. Very isolationist...and it seems futile in the long run....

Having said that...it is a wonderful country, very complex, very interesting, charming people.

if you want to invest and live in thailand, (e.g.buy a couple of properties in phuket and get some income from the rent,) and your wife is a thai national, then just do it in her name. it will be legal.

the opinions on this board are just that..opinions. bear them in mind but dont take them as gospel truths.

(you could also take a look at koh samui..... much nicer and also much cheaper than shark infested phuket)

I was mistaken with the soi name. It was soi gonzol and not easy. Its where the Dragon disco is. The Belgiums put the money into that club. One of the former mayors is also the owner of this street together with a local businessmen called Ott. He also owns various bars on main street Bangla

Gentleman, did you hear anything about this case?