Where to buy garden stones in bulk?

topt

I know this was discussed in the distant past but the search function is not working very well for me.

Anybody know where I can buy large (bigger than 5kg) bags or loose garden/river stones no. 3 size or bigger? Up to 45 minutes drive from Central Pattaya ok unless they deliver.

Thanks.

How many do you need?  There's a pretty good place near Sattahip.  Go down Sukhumvit to where 332 comes in and do a U turn.  About 400M back are a few stores with rocks out front.  Pretty good prices.  But sometimes, don't have what you are looking for.

Our best luck has been with a place about 5km past that store, on the left and they deliver for a nominal fee also.  This is about as close as I can get, but if you go into street view, you'll see the store on the left as you head south with piles of rocks out front.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/อร่อยริมทาง/@12.6664109,100.9210953,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1e2a3f8c9d69daef!8m2!3d12.667385!4d100.9209962?hl=en

3 hours ago, LennyW said:

They all come from Ang Sila, just before Chonburi, expect to pay half what they charge around Pattaya.

From Sukhumvit turn in to Ang Sila towards the beach, 50 or so shops at both sides of the road.

Not sure about all - one of the local places said he can order but he gets them from Nong Khai................

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

How many do you need?  There's a pretty good place near Sattahip.  Go down Sukhumvit to where 332 comes in and do a U turn.  About 400M back are a few stores with rocks out front.  Pretty good prices.  But sometimes, don't have what you are looking for.

Our best luck has been with a place about 5km past that store, on the left and they deliver for a nominal fee also.  This is about as close as I can get, but if you go into street view, you'll see the store on the left as you head south with piles of rocks out front.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/อร่อยริมทาง/@12.6664109,100.9210953,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1e2a3f8c9d69daef!8m2!3d12.667385!4d100.9209962?hl=en

Thanks Craigt I remembered you posting about this location before - are they still only in the small sacks though or do they sell in bulk at a cheaper price?

4 minutes ago, topt said:

Not sure about all - one of the local places said he can order but he gets them from Nong Khai................

Thanks Craigt I remembered you posting about this location before - are they still only in the small sacks though or do they sell in bulk at a cheaper price?

I've bought a bunch of these rocks.  Several hundred bags.  I've asked about getting them in bulk but couldn't.  Maybe up at that Ang Sila place? 

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I've bought a bunch of these rocks.  Several hundred bags.  I've asked about getting them in bulk but couldn't.  Maybe up at that Ang Sila place? 

I had a pm from another member about Ang Sila who mentioned 3 bags for 100 baht - maybe LennyW knows?

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 1:55 PM, craigt3365 said:

That's what I've paid at these stores outside Pattaya.  150-200B inside the city limits.

I had a drive down Sukhumvit and on the road that carries all the way up to the left turn for Utapao.  A number of shops selling but unfortunately limited stocks and no flat white. I think I found the shop you mentioned but not sure.

For anybody looking more locally there is a place next door (literally) and just before Thai Watsadu on Suk  that sells at 50 baht per bag which are 8-9kgs size.

I am going to try Ang Sila sometime in the next week if I can get some directions.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:13 AM, LennyW said:

They all come from Ang Sila, just before Chonburi, expect to pay half what they charge around Pattaya.

From Sukhumvit turn in to Ang Sila towards the beach, 50 or so shops at both sides of the road.

LennyW can you give me any more precise directions for this place thanks?

8 minutes ago, topt said:

LennyW can you give me any more precise directions for this place thanks?

On the Sukhumvit towards Chonburi, take the 3134 road off to your left (towards the beach) i think there was/is a Mercedes showroom at the junction. Just follow this road and by the time you come to the beach you will have passed 50 or so shops selling stones etc.