A/c Problems

ezzra

My A/C in my Benz is on the blink, got a bad leak in it, my mechanic solution are to replace the

Evaporator which sits behind the dashboard, to get to it, almost all, the consul, dashboard,

stirring wheel and maybe one seat will have to be dismantled,

just thinking about it making me sick, never mind the expense, it's just that I know that

my car will never be the same,

when I inquired as to availability of A/C sealers that are available in other countries I was met with

the usual " mai me, mai rue ",

I know I can get it from overseas but I need some competent A/C technician to do the the

procedure, any recommendations guys ?

Edited by ezzra

when I inquired as to availability of A/C sealers that are available in other countries..

there are many sealers for liquid circulation systems available but no such thing like sealers for an a/c system. sorry to disappoint you.

if its a leaky evap, replacing is the only option pressures of up to 400psi are generated by the compressor, think of the water radiator they got to about 15psi, so using a leak is out of the question just on pressure.

The way AC works would also prevent it as the TX valve ( which sites before the evap to make the gas go from high to low pressure) hasa orrifice of about only 4 micron, a sealer would effctively block this hole stopping the gas from flowing, which also carries the oil for the compressor around the system, would cause the compressor to cease.

its a big job they start by taking the spare tyre out of the boot with jags, so a MB isnt so bad.

Dr. Naam Mate,

If you Google "A/C sealers", you will see about a dozen highly recommended products being offered

most notably of the cliplight.com,

I have spoken to their Distributors for SE Asia in HK and was told that Although the product is of excellent quality, the locals prefer to replace the part than to use sealers of any kind,

In Australia, to replace the Evaporator in my car will cost $ 3,000, here I'm being asked B.17,000.

but as I said, I couldn't live with the thought of my car being taken to pieces like that,

My A/C in my Benz is on the blink, got a bad leak in it, my mechanic solution are to replace the

Evaporator which sits behind the dashboard, to get to it, almost all, the consul, dashboard,

stirring wheel and maybe one seat will have to be dismantled,

just thinking about it making me sick, never mind the expense, it's just that I know that

my car will never be the same,

when I inquired as to availability of A/C sealers that are available in other countries I was met with

the usual " mai me, mai rue ",

I know I can get it from overseas but I need some competent A/C technician to do the the

procedure, any recommendations guys ?

"If you Google "A/C sealers", you will see about a dozen highly recommended products being offered"

-------

Ezzra mate,

don't believe what the marketing guys are trying to sell you. read what comrade "bazmlb" posted. he is right.

by the way, like you i'd also hate that some clowns would rip apart my dashboard and whatever they can get their hands on and never replace it properly. i have no idea how much the cost of freon is in Thailand but my best guess and advice is to refill your system once in a while. my advice is of course useless if the leak is that big that you have refill once a week.