Thousands protest bullfighting in Spain's capital

rooster59

Thousands protest bullfighting in Spain's capital 

Associated Press

MADRID (AP) — Thousands of animal rights activists have gathered in Madrid to demand an end to Spain's long tradition of bullfighting.

Animal rights political party Pacma called for Saturday's protest, which went through central Madrid including major tourist sites. Crowds chanted "less violence and more intelligence," and "torture is not culture."

The protest is part of a growing tension between progressives who see the practice as a blatant form of animal cruelty and traditionalists who defend it as part of Spain's culture.

At least 17 Spanish cities and towns have cut municipal funding for bullfights and bull runs, or passed legislation condemning or banning it since the new leftist party Podemos won its first seats in local and regional elections a year ago.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-09-11

Bullfight is a weird Spanish Tradition, but also done in Portugal and France

The bull fights are always unfair, as these idiots put spears into the bull's neck, sometimes 20 cm deep which causes so much pain that the bull can't even walk straight anymore, full of pain///

Many bulls receive downers, while a lot them get their horns cut off, what's causing unbelievable nerve pain.

But to let bulls run behind people, also little children is insane and should be stopped. 

From last year: 

Death toll from bull-running festivals in Spain rises to 12 with fatal goring of Spanish man

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/death-toll-bull-running-festivals-spain-rises-12-fatal-goring-spanish-man-1517764

The Torrero on the photo lost his balls and that's good so. Should happen to all of them.  

Lostwithoutballs.jpg

Edited by lostinisaan

Catholic religious leaders used to have far too much power

Young Chinese females used to have their feet bound

Certain cultures support female circumcision

The Aztec and other cultures believed in human sacrifices

These traditions have been eliminated or discouraged, deservedly so.  

1 hour ago, NeilSA1 said:

Catholic religious leaders used to have far too much power

Young Chinese females used to have their feet bound

Certain cultures support female circumcision

The Aztec and other cultures believed in human sacrifices

These traditions have been eliminated or discouraged, deservedly so.  

Holly bull's eggs;.On what drug are you? 

Any way to keep those nasty bulls in line is OK with me [emoji4] Being a staunch luddite I tend to go along with tradition, what,s been going for 100,s of years can,t be all bad, and I do believe the meat gets eaten [emoji4]

Like the sarcasm and I'm a bit of a traditionalist too but in this case I have to call bolllllllocks (yes, I'm getting around the swear censor -- dear me). Horrendous how they treat and pacify the bulls. It's already banned in Catalonia (I think) so hopefully only a matter of time before the Spaniards in office pull their finger out.

Any way to keep those nasty bulls in line is OK with me [emoji4] Being a staunch luddite I tend to go along with tradition, what,s been going for 100,s of years can,t be all bad, and I do believe the meat gets eaten [emoji4]

Like the sarcasm and I'm a bit of a traditionalist too but in this case I have to call <deleted>. Horrendous how they treat and pacify the bulls. It's already banned in Catalonia (I think) so hopefully only a matter of time before the Spaniards in office pull their finger out.

Like the sarcasm and I'm a bit of a traditionalist too but in this case I have to call <deleted>. Horrendous how they treat and pacify the bulls. It's already banned in Catalonia (I think) so hopefully only a matter of time before the Spaniards in office pull their finger out.

Like the sarcasm and I'm a bit of a traditionalist too but in this case I have to call bolllllllocks (getting around the swear censor -- dear me). Horrendous how they treat and pacify the bulls. It's already banned in Catalonia (I think) so hopefully only a matter of time before the Spaniards in office pull their finger out.